Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 ... 46   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Wilson Out  (Read 81260 times)
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #420 on: Wednesday, February 2, 2011, 23:25:19 »

Just looked at the ratings on 365 stats and we are 2nd from bottom for home games and 3rd from top for away games. I'm quite surprised by that (the away games stat)
Alan Maze

Ignore
« Reply #421 on: Wednesday, February 2, 2011, 23:40:58 »

Stick with Wilson. I think he's doing a remarkable job.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #422 on: Wednesday, February 2, 2011, 23:59:09 »

Stick with Wilson. I think he's doing a remarkable job.

I'm surprised you're into football, I would have thought rowing or croquet was more up your street?
stfcinbmth

« Reply #423 on: Thursday, February 3, 2011, 07:48:24 »

Just looked at the ratings on 365 stats and we are 2nd from bottom for home games and 3rd from top for away games. I'm quite surprised by that (the away games stat)

So we are shit at home then
Stef Troll

Ignore
« Reply #424 on: Saturday, February 5, 2011, 18:07:51 »

Well for any of you people who still think Wilson should remain in charge, i hope todays garbage against Rochdale has changed your mind.

Players looked clueless, tactics were poor, and subs wernt that much better either.

If he stays i cant see us staying in league 1.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #425 on: Saturday, February 5, 2011, 19:12:30 »

I am firmly in the 'Wilson must stay' camp.  Like every Town fan, I am hugely disappointed with this season.  Like every supporter I had hoped we'd carry on from the disappointment of last season's play-off defeat & the quality of the signings (Caddis, Ferry & initially O'Brien & Rose too) raised my expectations.  The sale of Greer was a surprise although the fee received seemed generous. I expected Cuthbert to assume his leadership mantle & Morrison finally to become established in the side and demonstrate his potential. He did but never consistently. The leadership was never apparent and whatever the quality of Greer's defensive play his organisational abilities have been missed.  We also lost Paynter & although we now realise he had his best ever season with us last year I thought he would not prove indispensible.  Sadly Pericard hasn't developed into an adequate replacement although I was encouraged when he came on against Norwich last season & physically impressed against 2 resolute defenders. This season he's not been as physically intimidating as I had anticipated and Charlie Austin has been pretty much our lone threat up front.

The major disappointment though has been the lack of consistency in the team. They have had some good performances this season - but not enough of them. Players like Ferry, Cuthbert, Amankawaah & JPM have not been so impressive or consistent.  This coupled with injuries, suspensions and postponements have disrupted the side. I cannot blame Wilson for that & I do think that he has tried very hard to improve the side. However, he has a budget that he is obliged to stick to and he has been rebuffed when he's identified players & tried to get them on loan or permanently.  Some like Ball when they have come in, haven't developed as we've hoped they would. I know that ultimately the manager is responsible and maybe he's been perhaps too loyal to some players, playing them when they could have been replaced. However I am impressed with the apparent quality of the new signings Flint, Misun & Benyon. We still need at least one new striker but there appears to be a new spirit in the team as witnessed against Exeter and by all accounts against Bournemouth too.
In conclusion then, I am not sure that Wilson can be held responsible for loss of form or injuries although I do think he's apparently been slow to respond to situations. And the $64,000 question - who would be a definite & guaranteed improvement if he were to be replaced?  No, I think the club is being run sensibly & responsibly under his stewardship so let's back him & the team to get out of this appalling relegation zone.
Hmmm Hmmm Hmmm
Lumps

« Reply #426 on: Sunday, February 6, 2011, 02:35:24 »

I still think that our squad is too good to be relegated 

DID YOU NOT READ MY WARNING! Changing the fucking wording slightly doesn't help you twat. BAN! NOW!

And if I read anything like this again on here I'm going to get some of my son's hacker friends to take the whole fucking site down.

Now, 2/3rds of the way through the season, out of the relegation zone by goal difference, 7 points from the last 30, and 3 more games played than the side immediately below us, is not the fucking time to tempt fate with statements like that.
shady

Free the Etuhu one!!

Ignore
« Reply #427 on: Sunday, February 6, 2011, 03:16:11 »

You want him BANNED NOW, and then you threaten getting this site hacked into oblivion. Get a grip and get a life.
shady

Free the Etuhu one!!

Ignore
« Reply #428 on: Sunday, February 6, 2011, 03:30:21 »

Christ! People don't like facts to get in the way of a line of argument do they? Read that and it sounds like Swindon are positively QPR-like in their approach to team management.

In fact, in the five year period you talk about, we've had five full time managers, only two of which were sacked, Malpas and King. Ignore the 5 month hiatus for the Terry Brady inspired ludicrous flirtation with Roy Evans, and Andy King was given over 4 years in charge of the team.

Which leaves Malpas, who was clearly a mistake. Anyone think he should have been given more time? .... Thought not.

Hardly a history of chopping a changing and sacking managers at the drop of a hat is it?

And your David Moyes comparison is just fucking stupid. Moyes manages a club that has been closer to the bottom than the top of their league for transfer funds available and wage bill. We're easily in the top 5 or 6 richest clubs in our league.
Do think Moyes would have survived the couple of seasons just avoiding relegation at Liverpool, Chelsea or even Spurs?

For this league we spent a proper chunk of money in the summer and more in the window, and are only outside the relegation zone because Tranmere can't seem to get through 90 minutes of football at the moment.

Hmmm Mind, that was a good write up, fair do's
Sussex

« Reply #429 on: Sunday, February 6, 2011, 08:21:34 »

Calm down Lumps, you'll bust a fallopian tube.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #430 on: Sunday, February 6, 2011, 08:32:31 »

I think our squad is too good to go down. (Please lumps, not your sons hacker friends. Oh no. )

too good to go down down.
Except the non scoring forwards (Benyon excepted)
And the shaky defence.
And the inconsistent and ever changing midfield.
And the manager making often unfathomable substitutions.

Other than that we are too good to go down. A bit like Forest were that time they got relegated..

However, and I mean this in all seriousness, we are showing signs of being less easy to break down. Which is a start and where we should have been in September. To make the most obvious statement of the day our season now hinges on Wilson's ability to build on this by adding adequate firepower.
« Last Edit: Sunday, February 6, 2011, 08:38:56 by Batch » Logged
michael
The Dude Abides

Ignore
« Reply #431 on: Sunday, February 6, 2011, 08:37:11 »

If we win the next 3 games we'll be in contention for the play offs
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #432 on: Sunday, February 6, 2011, 08:39:13 »

With the squad we have, we can turn it around easily. We're only 3 wins off the play offs.

Fishing.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #433 on: Sunday, February 6, 2011, 08:41:32 »

If we win the next 3 games we'll be in contention for the play offs

Lumps:

[url width=48 height=112]http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/ii269/theogrit/1sm059explode.gif[/url]
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #434 on: Sunday, February 6, 2011, 09:31:45 »

I think it would be far more interesting...and constructive, to have a thread saying what you would do in Wilson's shoes to get us out of this hole.

Personally, I'd like him to decide what his best 11 is and stick with it. Let them develop together, make mistakes together and not fear getting dropped for one bad game.
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 ... 46   Go Up
Print
Jump to: