Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 ... 17   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Video of the week  (Read 41528 times)
Bedford Red

Smithers Jones

Ignore
« Reply #90 on: Saturday, April 23, 2011, 11:06:11 »

I remember that Notts County game well, can't believe that's 20 years ago.

I was really depressed after that game, thought we were going down. Thank you Steve Foley for the hat trick against Leicester the following Saturday which kept us up, that was a good game.
Swindon-Town-FC.co.uk

Ignore
« Reply #91 on: Sunday, May 1, 2011, 10:38:33 »

Three videos this week - first off, footage from the Oldham home game in 1995:

And, in the week that Andrew Fitton stood down as chairman, I've posted some news clips from around the time of his takeover:

leefer

Ignore
« Reply #92 on: Sunday, May 1, 2011, 11:00:49 »

Cheers...keep them coming!
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #93 on: Sunday, May 1, 2011, 11:19:26 »

Haha i'm in the bottom video at about 1:50. That was the Cheltenham JPT game protest. Some good and bad memories in there. That game at home to Brighton was awful. 
flammableBen

« Reply #94 on: Sunday, May 1, 2011, 11:49:43 »

thank fuck it wasn't my interview.
Swindon-Town-FC.co.uk

Ignore
« Reply #95 on: Sunday, May 8, 2011, 14:44:21 »

Happier times... when producer Carl Ross chose to document Swindon Town during the 1992/93 season, he originally intended to look beyond the glamour of football at an unfashionable club - instead he ended up documenting a behind the scenes view of one of the most successful seasons in the club's history in this superb programme, as STFC were promoted to the Premier League.

And a year later, Swindon sign off from their only Premier season in style - conceding five goals at home to Leeds, they become the first team for thirty years to concede 100 goals in a top flight season.

THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #96 on: Monday, May 9, 2011, 08:26:42 »

Many thanks for that doc clip......I never have seen it before!!

Clems Army!
Swindon-Town-FC.co.uk

Ignore
« Reply #97 on: Saturday, May 28, 2011, 09:03:45 »

Thought it would be fitting to have a West Ham video this week....

On my twelfth birthday, this was my first 'real' away game (having only been to Selhurst Park previously for the play-off final in 1987) - and it was a real eye-opener. After having travelled to London on a 'Football Special' train, someone slipped into the contingent of Town fans marching to the ground just behind me - I heard a policeman shout "search him out", and as my dad lifted me in front of him, I turned and caught a glimpse of a knife as the police wrestled him away. At the stadium, I was lifted over the turnstiles to get in, and took my position at the front - and though Swindon gave a decent account of themselves, a Leroy Rosenior goal just past the hour send the Hammers through. I was still chuffed the next day though - my mum had taped Sportsnight so we could see the game again, and I spotted myself in the crowd!

« Last Edit: Saturday, May 28, 2011, 09:05:43 by Swindon-Town-FC.co.uk » Logged
Dazzza

« Reply #98 on: Saturday, May 28, 2011, 10:52:05 »

Carl Ross = gold

Just watched this all the way through - happy days indeed.

Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #99 on: Saturday, May 28, 2011, 11:16:57 »

Thought it would be fitting to have a West Ham video this week....

On my twelfth birthday, this was my first 'real' away game (having only been to Selhurst Park previously for the play-off final in 1987) - and it was a real eye-opener. After having travelled to London on a 'Football Special' train, someone slipped into the contingent of Town fans marching to the ground just behind me - I heard a policeman shout "search him out", and as my dad lifted me in front of him, I turned and caught a glimpse of a knife as the police wrestled him away. At the stadium, I was lifted over the turnstiles to get in, and took my position at the front - and though Swindon gave a decent account of themselves, a Leroy Rosenior goal just past the hour send the Hammers through. I was still chuffed the next day though - my mum had taped Sportsnight so we could see the game again, and I spotted myself in the crowd!

Interestingly enough, the tie at the County ground was the thing that put me off going again. I didn't like the fact that we were turfed out of the Stratton Bank and forced into the away corner. Had a crap view of a dire game.

By God though, watching that reminded me what a good battling team we had!

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.

Ignore
« Reply #100 on: Saturday, May 28, 2011, 11:49:53 »

i remember west ham fans got on the shrivvy road roof in the home match.big crowd.i was a ball boy that season and got a few autographs that day.
Swindon-Town-FC.co.uk

Ignore
« Reply #101 on: Friday, June 3, 2011, 15:21:59 »

Posted a few requests this week:

November 1983 - Swindon vs Hereford

January 1984 - Swindon vs Blackburn

November 1990 - Swindon vs Port Vale

November 2002 - Wycombe vs Swindon
Swindon-Town-FC.co.uk

Ignore
« Reply #102 on: Friday, June 10, 2011, 16:15:43 »

Another three this week:

April 1991 - Swindon vs Watford (Glenn Hoddle's first match in charge)

March 2004 - Port Vale vs Swindon (comeback from 3-0 down)

1988 Success in the Making (New College documentary)
Swindon-Town-FC.co.uk

Ignore
« Reply #103 on: Friday, June 17, 2011, 18:48:49 »

As we drew City in the cup this week, thought it was a good opportunity to post this one from 1981: hooligans clash on the terraces - causing the match to be held up for eighteen minutes - on the pitch, the relegation threatened local rivals play out a goalless draw.

Edit:  why don't these YouTube links work anymore?
« Last Edit: Friday, June 17, 2011, 18:50:50 by Swindon-Town-FC.co.uk » Logged
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #104 on: Friday, June 17, 2011, 18:51:30 »

Was there,think i was actually seated that day because i couldn't get a ticket for the terraces...mayhem that day.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 ... 17   Go Up
Print
Jump to: