Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Video of the week  (Read 40437 times)
Swindon-Town-FC.co.uk

Ignore
« Reply #240 on: Wednesday, March 28, 2012, 21:39:57 »

Swindon-Town-FC.co.uk

Ignore
« Reply #241 on: Saturday, April 14, 2012, 10:35:09 »

Shaun Close, Fitzroy Simpson and Dave Byrne all sent off as Swindon beat Plymouth 3-0 in 1989:

THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #242 on: Sunday, April 15, 2012, 12:54:21 »

Shaun Close, Fitzroy Simpson and Dave Byrne all sent off as Swindon beat Plymouth 3-0 in 1989:

happy fucking days indeed!

tommy tynan....fitzroy...bodin...and fuck face maloane we all loved to hate...

Clems Army!
Swindon-Town-FC.co.uk

Ignore
« Reply #243 on: Friday, April 20, 2012, 18:53:24 »

The 1987 play-off finals from a Gillingham perspective - includes rare footage of the first leg match:

Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #244 on: Friday, April 20, 2012, 23:44:10 »

Well that was weird.  

Weren't moustaches marvellous in those days.

Never knowingly overstated.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #245 on: Saturday, April 21, 2012, 06:09:46 »

That was a personally a wonderful time of my life and a time, as a Swindon fan, a time that has yet to be equalled.

I remember watching the 2nd leg from the Town End rather than my normal haunt under the clock on the Stratton Bank. It was one of those games where we absolutely battered them but just couldn't score. Add the fact that Gills scored a screamer and it was looking like a really frustratingly crap night! I remember Coyne scoring a soft goal to give us a little hope but it wasn't until Charlie Henry's screamer hit the back of the net that we all started to believe! I remember that there were a couple of half chances after that, but nothing to write home about. I was gutted when the final whistle went as I thought that away goals counted double. (Information on Town was limited to minor coverage on HTV West only at that time!) It wasn't until after the final whistle that someone told me there would be a replay at Crystal Palace - My mood went from despair to ecstasy in a matter of seconds!

The replay at Palace was unbelievable. I got into lots of shit at work for taking the afternoon off to catch a bus to the game (Good old K&B Coaches!). All the way down we were all very, very nervous. Gills were fancied to win and it seemed that all the supporters we saw after getting off the motorway were dressed in blue and white.

After getting into the ground, my memories are of lots of celery being thrown, a few people being 'removed' because of it, along with yards and yards of red and white tape/bunting. When Chalky scored after a couple of minutes we were in ecstasy. About 5 mins later I remember a whole lot more fans arriving late after their coach driver had taken them to Crystal Palace athletics track. I was then stuck next to a bloke with an 80s moustache and terrible B.O.!

Cascarino and Sheringham were no threat at all and were played out of the game by a solid Town midfield and defence. Gills had  a glorious opportunity to equalise but squandered it. When Chalky got the 2nd we knew there was only one winner. It was unbelievable!

After the end of thr game, I remember the players coming back over to us and throwing their kit into the crowds. I remember Dave Bamber standing their in his pants with his hands on his hips staring up into the crowd motionless.

After leaving the ground, all we could see on the way home was a sea of red and white. Every pub full and every car with Town fans hanging out the windows and sun roof - And one driving slowly along the road with a scarf waving fan stood on the roof !

For me, it was a massively unexpected high - What a wonderful time that was!

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #246 on: Saturday, April 21, 2012, 07:07:49 »

Happy days....shit football but effective....we batterered teams into mistakes and nabbed the goals.

Clems Army!
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #247 on: Saturday, April 21, 2012, 07:55:45 »

Haha that Gills miss at the end...oh dear.
Swindon-Town-FC.co.uk

Ignore
« Reply #248 on: Monday, April 23, 2012, 18:17:49 »

It's Fraser Digby's birthday today:

herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #249 on: Monday, April 23, 2012, 19:11:40 »

Just watched the first 40 minutes, brought back some fantastic memories (As well as some not so fantastic).

What struck me was how loud our fans were at Wembley, particularly against Leicester. 35,000 +, most obviously part time/daytrippers, yet nearly everyone joining in with the singing. No need for a 'singing' section then.

Macari, Ardiles, Hoddle, PdC has achieved what needed to be achieved in his first season, but he's got a long way to go, for me, to be ranked alongside those three.

It's All Good..............
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: