Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 17   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Video of the week  (Read 41147 times)
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Friday, January 28, 2011, 21:52:29 »

Ha Attendance for the Exeter game 2800 odd.  I was at that game and that was when it was just coming out of being really bad, the perceived problems now are nothing, compared to back then. Good work btw, much appreciated.

Just seen your's Arch. I was on the bank, bet you were in the exec...err seats.
Arch Stanton

Wallowing in negativity

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Friday, January 28, 2011, 22:20:10 »

Ha Attendance for the Exeter game 2800 odd.  I was at that game and that was when it was just coming out of being really bad, the perceived problems now are nothing, compared to back then. Good work btw, much appreciated.

Just seen your's Arch. I was on the bank, bet you were in the exec...err seats.

Yep, I was indeed in the plush exec area - I had a series of buxom serving wenches hand feeding me grapes whilst I supped champagne...

Except I was only 12 and was in the Town End. Strangely enough I was only thinking the other day about that massive anti-riot grill that covered the centre part, ground to roof - totally prehistoric.

We live in a different age now Sutton, on and off the pitch.
Swindon-Town-FC.co.uk

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Friday, January 28, 2011, 22:48:40 »

I'm surprised (pleasantly) to see a clip from 1985. I had been under the impression that there was absolutely no TV coverage at this time due to some contractual dispute. Or is it because that clip was from 84/85 and the dispute was in 85/86?

Is there any footage from the Sunderland or Sheffield Wed Cup games from 85/86? I'd love it if there was.

You're right - this clip was 84/85 and the TV ban was in 85/86, which is a great shame - the only match footage I have of that season is the Chester match which the TV companies got special dispensation for.  I've got clips like this for nearly all of the 84/85 home matches - HTV didn't seem to have covered away games (unless they were against a Bristol club).

I do have a couple of minutes of HTV news coverage about the Sheffield Wednesday game - no match footage though - will post it up at some point.  That was one of the early games that really got me hooked on STFC - I was eight years old and sat up in the old South Stand wooden seats with all the old dears drinking soup from their flasks.

If anyone has any requests of games they would like me to post up, let me know.
Arch Stanton

Wallowing in negativity

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Friday, January 28, 2011, 23:06:35 »

I'd love to see Oxford (away) when we were 2 down and came back to win 4-2. Not sure when it was, perhaps late 80's early 90's - I've got the highlights on VHS somewhere, but I'm currently between video players.
Swindon-Town-FC.co.uk

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Friday, January 28, 2011, 23:27:55 »

This one?
Arch Stanton

Wallowing in negativity

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Saturday, January 29, 2011, 00:49:11 »

That'll be the one! Cheers

Was that Roger Malone (the perennial Swindon hater) commentating? I like the way he made sure that everyone knew that Oxfords keeper was carrying an injury.

As I get older its amazing how the Swindon Town timeline gets muddled in my brain, I never would've said that Stigger played in the same Town team as Fitz, I thought he was long gone by then! Great ball from Bodin for the fourth, I almost broke my foot falling down that Cuckoo Lane Terrace when that went in!
shady

Free the Etuhu one!!

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Saturday, January 29, 2011, 00:50:28 »

Great post
Swindon-Town-FC.co.uk

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Friday, February 4, 2011, 17:02:27 »

Two videos this week - first, a Paul Rideout hat-trick handing STFC a 4-1 win over Rochdale in 1983:

... and secondly, as requested, the HTV news footage after the Sheffield Wednesday Milk Cup match in 1985:

Arch Stanton

Wallowing in negativity

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Friday, February 4, 2011, 17:19:49 »

Cheers for this, that Wednesday news footage was great. Peter Coynes famous mane is quite hypnotic to watch whilst being blown about in that interview..

I remember going to the game, I'm sure it was the first time I'd ever sat in the North Stand after years in the Town End and the condemned Shrivenham Road top tier... I was amazed by the plush modern facilities.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Friday, February 4, 2011, 17:23:23 »

Cheers for this, that Wednesday news footage was great. Peter Coynes famous mane is quite hypnotic to watch whilst being blown about in that interview..

I remember going to the game, I'm sure it was the first time I'd ever sat in the North Stand after years in the Town End and the condemned Shrivenham Road top tier... I was amazed by the plush modern facilities.

Shame no actual goal footage, my recall is Coyne went to head it in missed with the mullet, but shouldered it in.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: Friday, February 4, 2011, 23:06:36 »

Shame no actual goal footage, my recall is Coyne went to head it in missed with the mullet, but shouldered it in.
That's exactly what happened Reg - What a night. One of the all time classics Yes
Swindon-Town-FC.co.uk

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: Friday, February 11, 2011, 19:38:55 »

Just to cheer everyone up....

shady

Free the Etuhu one!!

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: Friday, February 11, 2011, 19:45:44 »

I was just a youngster at that game with my Villa supporting mate in the Trinity Road End for that one! Don't remind me! His neighbour, a props manager for Byker Grove, got us tickets. Total humiliation. Also went to the home fixture where we were unlucky to lose 2-1.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: Friday, February 11, 2011, 19:48:40 »

Was there..great support,think Sheffield the keeper came in very late......remember Summerbee played well that day especially first half.
shady

Free the Etuhu one!!

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: Friday, February 11, 2011, 22:43:02 »

Yeh, remember looking over enviously wishing I was among our ranks. Filled the whole lower tier of the North Stand behind the goal and then part way around the lower tier of the Doug Ellis Stand. My Villa supporting pals along that day said they were truly astonished by our turn out, as good as any they'd seen in 93/94  Clap
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 17   Go Up
Print
Jump to: