Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 ... 33   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town vs Charlton Athletic - A Matchday Thread  (Read 43795 times)
STFC_Gazza

« Reply #405 on: Wednesday, November 3, 2010, 11:33:43 »

I'd love to read some Charlton threads.....i bet they never stopped laughing til they hit the M25!

http://www.charltonlife.com/forum/comments.php?DiscussionID=37667&page=1#Item_0

Sad
juddie

Ignore
« Reply #406 on: Wednesday, November 3, 2010, 11:45:47 »

this sums it up i think:

* Red_Pete
    * CommentTime12 hours ago

# 20
Just home from Wiltshire. Delighted to watch a very professional performance from the lads tonight. The wind was very, very strong and blowing straight down the pitch. We struggled when playing against it in the 1st half and Robbie had to make a couple of very good saves from Charlie Austin. When we did manage to clear our lines, however, we looked good all over the pitch. 2nd half, playing with the wind, was much easier and we totally controlled the game until we took our foot off the pedal in the last 10 minutes as we saw the game out.

Highlight was probably Robbie's 95 yard wind-assisted pass to Waggy to cross for Benson to head in the 3rd goal. I've never seen Robbie celebrate a goal so enthusiastically as he ran round his team mates accepting the plaudits for the assist! soapy tit wank.

All 11 players were excellent tonight, but MOTM has to be Joe Anyinsah. He chased everything and scared the life out of the Swindon defenders.

Swindon battled hard throughout, but we just had that extra touch of class in eveything we did. Parky shook the hand of every single player as they left the pitch and got some big hugs in return. As no substitutes were made tonight, I fully expect a few of tonight's team to be rested for the cup game on Saturday.

COYR!!
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #407 on: Wednesday, November 3, 2010, 11:46:44 »

cheers Gazzza...

The 'Last Post':

All the lads played great tonight apart from maybe Francis! Racon kept up his good form and Ayinsah well he was immense. Putting himself about, never stopped running, showed real passion as did they all tonight. Although Swindon were dire.

Clems Army!
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #408 on: Wednesday, November 3, 2010, 11:47:10 »

Fucking Dire indeed!

Clems Army!
london_red

Ignore
« Reply #409 on: Wednesday, November 3, 2010, 11:49:34 »

At the other end, Swindon didn't really have a shot until 85mins+

I guess the saves their keeper made in the first half didn't happen then? Smug cunts.
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #410 on: Wednesday, November 3, 2010, 11:53:41 »

Charlie would've had 4 himself without their keeper making some excellent saves.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
Bewster

We fucking love you Gumbo!

Ignore
« Reply #411 on: Wednesday, November 3, 2010, 12:04:39 »

Charlie would've had 4 himself without their keeper making some excellent saves.

Yep - really annoying when the opposition play a goal keeper  Crying
shaw_red

Ignore
« Reply #412 on: Wednesday, November 3, 2010, 12:37:48 »

after last nights performance you would have thought they would be training all day obiously NOT!!!!
SCM

Ignore
« Reply #413 on: Wednesday, November 3, 2010, 14:18:06 »

first real test as a manager? maybe as our manager yes...

That's what I said mate.
juddie

Ignore
« Reply #414 on: Wednesday, November 3, 2010, 16:05:12 »

if we're still tripe in jan, then i'll be worried. but charlton have turned things around, so no reason why we can't do the same when we have douglas/ferry back, frampton settles in etc. One thing is for sure, defensively we need to tighten up, while mcgovern has to play on the wing. He delivered an immense cross from the right last night, so let's get him out there when dougie's back.

the main thing that annoyed me last night was that they seemed top want it more. get f*cking stuck in lads!!!!!

Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #415 on: Wednesday, November 3, 2010, 16:18:47 »

Charlton were pretty good i thought, even if we had played well i think we would have got a point at most.

They have much more quality on the park especially the centre of midfield where we missed Dougie and their 2 boys ran the show.
juddie

Ignore
« Reply #416 on: Wednesday, November 3, 2010, 16:21:35 »

only because jp ain't a central midfielder. if we'd had dougie it would have been more of a contest. I doubt semedo has had easier evenings that that.

I'm still not convinced by putts, although thought he did ok in parts last night. Not a bad player, just not sure how he fits into the machine. And Ferry needs to get back to his best, too...
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #417 on: Wednesday, November 3, 2010, 16:27:49 »

I still cant work out what type of center midfielder Prutton is, attacking, defensive, box to box, etc.  He doesn'y seem to fit any of these categories.

Oh and i thought he was as poor last night as pretty much everyone not named Austin or Smith.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #418 on: Wednesday, November 3, 2010, 16:30:26 »

only because jp ain't a central midfielder. if we'd had dougie it would have been more of a contest. I doubt semedo has had easier evenings that that.

I'm still not convinced by putts, although thought he did ok in parts last night. Not a bad player, just not sure how he fits into the machine. And Ferry needs to get back to his best, too...

I have been away for a while but has JPM been playing Central Midfield for a few games? I really don't understand why he doesn't play on the right, where he is surely best suited. I am no football manager but is there any reason why this wouldn't be the case?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
swindon247

« Reply #419 on: Wednesday, November 3, 2010, 16:43:22 »

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11758_6483923,00.html calling Swindon are softies
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 ... 33   Go Up
Print
Jump to: