Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Bye bye Rooney  (Read 18966 times)
stfctownenda

Ignore
« Reply #105 on: Thursday, October 21, 2010, 15:27:56 »

How old he was doesnt matter.

He could have moved to Manchester United, not 'written' a book that slagged off Everton and their manager. He didnt have to celebrate United goals infront of the fans at Goodison. He didnt have to kiss the United badge.

I expect most Everton fans accepted that his talent meant he wouldnt be an Everton  player for very long - but there are ways to go about things.

He's going about them quite well now, stating ambitions are his reasons - which would be fine, if he didnt have a track record for being a liar.

Spot on, great post.
stfctownenda

Ignore
« Reply #106 on: Thursday, October 21, 2010, 15:39:33 »

i see rooneys behaviour as similar to those fans who have deserted man u.
only in rooneys case he gets slated by all and sundry.that's what i was getting at.

I see it as Rooney using the Glazers as an excuse.  He knew about the lack of spending when Ronaldo and Tevez left and revelled in being the main man at the club last season.  He also went on to declare he wanted to stay at the club for life and become a legend like Scholes, Neville and Giggs.  He has lost his form since March, his private life has gone tits up and he has used the Glazers as a convenient excuse to get out of the club so he can save face with the fans.  It's a big gamble for him, if he leaves and United go on and have a succesful season and the team he joins does not it will be shown as a big mistake!
jb

Ignore
« Reply #107 on: Thursday, October 21, 2010, 17:04:51 »

This is gold- Holloway's view on Rooney leaving-

'sort your life out!'

http://www.simplyreds.com/manchester-united-videos/viewvideo/391/sir-alex-ferguson/ian-holloways-outburst-on-wayne-rooney.html?ref=nf
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #108 on: Thursday, October 21, 2010, 17:06:06 »

I wonder if uniteds version of otib went into meltdown? Wink
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #109 on: Thursday, October 21, 2010, 17:56:46 »

i see rooneys behaviour as similar to those fans who have deserted man u.
only in rooneys case he gets slated by all and sundry.that's what i was getting at.
How utterly perverse!
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #110 on: Thursday, October 21, 2010, 18:04:46 »

In a nutshell it finally confirms that no matter how big the club nowadays......players hold all the aces.
But nots let forget......Keane,Van Nistleroy, Beckham,Stam.......Fergie has a habit of falling out with his best players...Rooney off field is shocking...but on it he will the bollox for many years to come.
Rich Pullen

« Reply #111 on: Thursday, October 21, 2010, 18:10:20 »

I yawn at the whole situation.
Dazzza

« Reply #112 on: Thursday, October 21, 2010, 18:29:09 »

I really can’t see what club is going to pay the sort of fee united will demand for the gobby little potato head.  More so when he’s clearly lost pace and if he carries on eating burgers and tabbing the old B&H he’s got a season or two left playing his trademark bull in a china shop football.

Man City possibly more as a two fingered salute to their Manchester neighbours than a real desire to sign him.

Chelsea, I can’t see fat lad fitting in there at all.  Well I can with Terry and Cole but I can’t imagine they will want another headache like Rooney on their books plus old Roman is clearly tightening his coin purse when it comes to the transfer market.

Can’t see him ever going abroad.  Rooney in Milan, Madrid or Barcelona just doesn’t sit right.

Inevitably I think he’ll end up staying, see that his stock has dropped and sign a new deal.

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #113 on: Thursday, October 21, 2010, 18:33:05 »

He's surely been tapped up before issuing the "I want to quit" demands.

As always its a bit of a cliche, but the only people loyal in football are the fans. We all know that. But as not ginger Dave said, there are ways of conducting yourself and Rooney has made himself look a bit of a twat.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #114 on: Thursday, October 21, 2010, 18:33:07 »

The thing is Man U are such dicks when it comes to selling players. They won't sell to Man City or Chelsea because they are both title rivals. That only really leaves Barca or Madrid. I can't see him going to Barca as they already have Villa and Messi so that leaves Real Madrid to link up with his old chum Ronaldo.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #115 on: Thursday, October 21, 2010, 18:45:46 »

Im still praying he goes to city
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #116 on: Thursday, October 21, 2010, 18:50:19 »

Liverpool would be juicy.
The Grim Reaper

Ignore
« Reply #117 on: Thursday, October 21, 2010, 19:50:32 »

Liverpool would be juicy.

Liverpool should cash in on the unsettled Torres and make a cheeky bid.
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #118 on: Thursday, October 21, 2010, 19:56:06 »

Even though this story mentions Charlie, I think the last line sums up Rooney and co.:

The Football League have a campaign running called Football To Be Proud Of.

This is encapsulated by Swindon's highly-rated striker Charlie Austin, who mucks in at the League One club to the extent he did a stint answering the phones in the office because administrative staff were busy.

Imagine a Premier League diva doing that.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/article-1322309/Charles-Sale-Sir-Alex-Ferguson-learn-fate-BBC-snub.html#ixzz131bSGw80

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php

Ignore
« Reply #119 on: Thursday, October 21, 2010, 20:59:58 »

if rooney wasn't in fergies plans he would have soon been fucked off out the door.look at craig bellamy's situation.lobbed in with the youths and frozen out.his hand was forced.
clubs and players have no loyalty.the only people who are loyal are the fans
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11   Go Up
Print
Jump to: