Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Bye bye Rooney  (Read 18903 times)
STFC_Gazza

« Reply #135 on: Friday, October 22, 2010, 12:03:38 »

What a cunt, Clearly put it out in the media to make the Glazers look bigger cunts and to get more money out of them by holding a gun to their head. Over rated greedy cunt. Clearly wanted the Man U fans to back him against Glazer but it backfired big time. No way back now really is there? Or did he sign a new contract to jack the price up of his transfer in the Summer???
« Last Edit: Friday, October 22, 2010, 12:09:41 by STFC_Gazza » Logged
Rich Pullen

« Reply #136 on: Friday, October 22, 2010, 12:08:44 »

I'm a bit disappointed that so many people bought this whole "saga"
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #137 on: Friday, October 22, 2010, 12:17:20 »

People will tend to believe a story unless they have a strong reason to disbelieve it.  And Wayne Rooney throwing a petulant tantrum and threatening to leave Man United is hardly up there with 'Freddy Star Ate my Hamster' in terms of implausibility.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #138 on: Friday, October 22, 2010, 12:20:04 »

This is encapsulated by Swindon's highly-rated striker Charlie Austin, who mucks in at the League One club to the extent he did a stint answering the phones in the office because administrative staff were busy.

Imagine a Premier League diva doing that.

In the not so distant past apprentices had to clean the first team players boots. Perhaps it still happens at some clubs, who knows. But you do wonder if having it all too easy too young contributes to turning into a premiere league wanker.

Ignore
« Reply #139 on: Friday, October 22, 2010, 12:22:30 »

i see this as good work by fergie.he made it public and forced the situation.
we dont know the facts of what was said and when so people saying hypocrite and greedy etc is rather stupid.
Barry Scott

« Reply #140 on: Friday, October 22, 2010, 12:26:45 »

Is it just me or does anyone else find a 9 page debate on a premier league player a bit kind of weird? I can't be alone in my complete indifference to whatever it is that's happened/happening.
shady

Free the Etuhu one!!

Ignore
« Reply #141 on: Friday, October 22, 2010, 12:29:19 »

Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #142 on: Friday, October 22, 2010, 12:33:44 »

Is it just me or does anyone else find a 9 page debate on a premier league player a bit kind of weird? I can't be alone in my complete indifference to whatever it is that's happened/happening.

Same, it's all a big laugh really. Fuck Eastenders. The Premier League is the best soap on the box.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #143 on: Friday, October 22, 2010, 12:49:37 »

Classic player power winning through in this country - they should have told him to get lost

I come from a land down-under
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #144 on: Friday, October 22, 2010, 13:15:00 »

Ha, ha, ha. What a load of old bollocks the whole thing is/was. Although I can't help wondering if he's still on his way and this is just a "do the decent thing" compromise to drive his price up come January. Probably not. Like b3nny said, a ridiculous pantomime
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #145 on: Friday, October 22, 2010, 13:36:41 »

i see this as good work by fergie.he made it public and forced the situation.
we dont know the facts of what was said and when so people saying hypocrite and greedy etc is rather stupid.

There is no way he has signed a longer contract without a nice big pay rise. Win for Rooney and his agent.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
stfctownenda

Ignore
« Reply #146 on: Friday, October 22, 2010, 13:47:55 »

There is no way he has signed a longer contract without a nice big pay rise. Win for Rooney and his agent.

A nice big pay rise was on offer before all of this so your statement is a bit odd.  Something obviously changed somewhere in the process, read Fergies quotes from earlier in the week he said United and Gill were prepared to offer Wayne the best terms for any player in the country.  So for me finance hasn't come into it, something has been said to him to make him change his mind (i.e United will spend on big players) or he has been that shocked how everyone has reacted to him leaving and has decided against it.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #147 on: Friday, October 22, 2010, 14:01:01 »

A nice big pay rise was on offer before all of this so your statement is a bit odd.  Something obviously changed somewhere in the process, read Fergies quotes from earlier in the week he said United and Gill were prepared to offer Wayne the best terms for any player in the country.  So for me finance hasn't come into it, something has been said to him to make him change his mind (i.e United will spend on big players) or he has been that shocked how everyone has reacted to him leaving and has decided against it.
Or he's leaving anyway and the five-year deal is just a notional thing to let the heat die down and ensure Utd get the best price possible for him (and that he gets to demand really sky-high wages wherever he goes "to match my current deal")
stfctownenda

Ignore
« Reply #148 on: Friday, October 22, 2010, 14:03:56 »

Or he's leaving anyway and the five-year deal is just a notional thing to let the heat die down and ensure Utd get the best price possible for him (and that he gets to demand really sky-high wages wherever he goes "to match my current deal")

Highly possible as well.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #149 on: Friday, October 22, 2010, 14:15:25 »

Fact is, none of us know what's really going on. Nor do the pundits. And nor have we ever. And trying to interpret what's really going on via the various things the key players have said publicly is idiotic - the only thing to really come out of all this is that anyone who believes any statement made on behalf of a player or a top-level football club about passion, ambition etc is a fucking idiot. Which is hardly news.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11   Go Up
Print
Jump to: