Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 11   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Walking Dead  (Read 23259 times)
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Sunday, October 16, 2011, 12:41:34 »

X-Files. No question.

24 was OK, just far too long and drawn out.
Watched season one of The Walking Dead, and thought it was a bit shit to be honest.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Sunday, October 16, 2011, 12:43:15 »

The Wire.

No hesitation on that question!
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Sunday, October 16, 2011, 12:46:23 »

Too many American TV series to come up with one.

How do you compare The Red Hand Gang, A-Team, Knight Rider, Frasier, South Park, Simpsons, Star Trek, etc etc and come up with one answer.
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Sunday, October 16, 2011, 12:49:07 »

I love zombies.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
london_red

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Sunday, October 16, 2011, 12:58:49 »

How do you compare The Red Hand Gang, A-Team, Knight Rider, Frasier, South Park, Simpsons, Star Trek, etc etc and come up with one answer.

Easy, the answer is Seinfeld.  Smiley
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Sunday, October 16, 2011, 13:37:08 »

And the Fonz years back was a real good program......Fonzerelli Grin
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Sunday, October 16, 2011, 14:02:41 »

Lost was too long and confusing at times. I thought Alias was the best thing JJ Abrams did, even though I am enjoying Fringe.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
matt_jada

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Sunday, October 16, 2011, 15:38:23 »

You saw the "ending" yeah? You saw "all your questions answered"? Lost was superb until they writers realised they couldn't answer any of the questions they'd created and finished it by saying, "Yeah, we made it all up to make good money from Advertisements. There never was a story, just loads of disparate elements and no conclusion worth waiting for." I only wish I'd never wasted a second on that shit. Cheesy

Yeah i agree with you slightly on the fact they did not answer all the questions, however as far as i was concerned they answered enough.
However the ending was a bit shit i have to say but it kinda worked.
For me, i just loved the concept of the show, and i could sit through and  watch it all again no probs.

As for other American shows none really interest me that much, certainly not to the levels Lost had me hooked.
townforever

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Monday, October 17, 2011, 11:43:46 »

Dexter - Simple
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Sunday, December 4, 2011, 12:20:04 »

So the 2nd series has reached the mid season break. Any of you been watching?

It's been slow in places but it's definitely one of the best dramas on TV at the moment.

Glad that the Sofia story arc has been concluded as that has been going on since ep 1. Shame has become a crazed individual but perhaps also the most realistic. He's done a couple of nasty things but if he hadn't then Carl would have probably died.

It'll be interesting to see where they head now seeing as I doubt they'll be staying at the farm any longer. If it's anything like the books I have a good idea of what's up next but with Shane still being in the show perhaps they'll take things in a slightly different direction.

Anyway, hurry the fuck up February.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
walcot red

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: Sunday, December 4, 2011, 13:18:29 »

It's been slow in places but it's definitely one of the best dramas on TV at the moment.

Glad that the Sofia story arc has been concluded as that has been going on since ep 1. Shame has become a crazed individual but perhaps also the most realistic. He's done a couple of nasty things but if he hadn't then Carl would have probably died.

It'll be interesting to see where they head now seeing as I doubt they'll be staying at the farm any longer. If it's anything like the books I have a good idea of what's up next but with Shane still being in the show perhaps they'll take things in a slightly different direction.

I really like how the characters have developed over this series, I can't wait until february. But at least we don't have to wait until october to find out whats going to happen.
carbonwhite

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: Monday, December 12, 2011, 12:00:13 »

Ive heard there killing off someone who didnt die in the novel. Ive never read em myself so havnt a clue but love the show
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: Monday, December 12, 2011, 12:35:09 »

Conversely I've found it largely as dull as ditch-water (or is that dishwater).

The slow pace has been too slow for me. I completely understand that all on action every week is going to be equally boring and short lived. But I've found I largely don't care about the characters.

This has a knock on effect. Instead of thinking "oh no will Rick's son live" for three episodes, I'm hoping he'll hurray up and die so we can move on. Same with missing kid. God I can't even remember their names.

Its not like I don't like characterisations in general. Take the Battlestar Galactica remake. Now that had a good amount of action but also a superb amount of character development too. At times it was pure drama that happened to be set in space. And it worked, although I admit it went downhill a bit towards a rubbish ending. But that is how to make some of the finest TV around.

What  we have with Walking Dead is the zombie equivalent of neighbours. In fact the parts I really enjoyed were SPOILERS, tried to disguise (highlight to reveal):

1. Shane Shhoting Otis
2. The Well scene
3. Shane challenging Rick's authority, then Rick shooting girlie zombie right at the end.

So I hope they leave the farm soon and get focused on survival/cure/some other long term goal.
carbonwhite

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: Monday, December 12, 2011, 15:49:47 »

Conversely I've found it largely as dull as ditch-water (or is that dishwater).

The slow pace has been too slow for me. I completely understand that all on action every week is going to be equally boring and short lived. But I've found I largely don't care about the characters.

This has a knock on effect. Instead of thinking "oh no will Rick's son live" for three episodes, I'm hoping he'll hurray up and die so we can move on. Same with missing kid. God I can't even remember their names.

Its not like I don't like characterisations in general. Take the Battlestar Galactica remake. Now that had a good amount of action but also a superb amount of character development too. At times it was pure drama that happened to be set in space. And it worked, although I admit it went downhill a bit towards a rubbish ending. But that is how to make some of the finest TV around.

What  we have with Walking Dead is the zombie equivalent of neighbours. In fact the parts I really enjoyed were SPOILERS, tried to disguise (highlight to reveal):

1. Shane Shhoting Otis
2. The Well scene
3. Shane challenging Rick's authority, then Rick shooting girlie zombie right at the end.

So I hope they leave the farm soon and get focused on survival/cure/some other long term goal.
battlestar galactica is beinh remade based on the older version
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: Monday, December 12, 2011, 15:54:55 »

battlestar galactica is beinh remade based on the older version

Really, where did you hear that?!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 11   Go Up
Print
Jump to: