Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Contact lenses  (Read 1872 times)
Coca Fola

« on: Tuesday, November 6, 2012, 14:08:46 »

Having a trial on Friday, worth the pain/discomfort? I've had conflicting reports from a few people.
DMR

« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, November 6, 2012, 14:14:33 »

Pain and discomfort... Unless you are putting them in using red hot pokers I think certain members among these people are overstating it...
Coca Fola

« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, November 6, 2012, 14:16:43 »

Ahh good then.
Langers

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, November 6, 2012, 14:17:20 »

Pain and discomfort... Unless you are putting them in using red hot pokers I think certain members among these people are overstating it...

Totally agree. Used them for 4/5 years now and never had any problems or discomfort.

The only time they have caused me trouble is when i've been stupid (like putting them in after dropping them)
Dostoyevsky

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, November 6, 2012, 14:21:44 »

I'm very short sighted and having those lenses put in the first time gave me a great sense of liberation. It'll be very fiddly when you start putting them in your self but soon enough becomes an effortless procedure. Just don't sleep in them, unless they're the ones that allow you to, because a trip to the local hospital will follow - happened to me twice after arrriving home pissed and not being arsed to take them out.  Sad
Coca Fola

« Reply #5 on: Tuesday, November 6, 2012, 14:22:53 »

I'm very short sighted and having those lenses put in the first time gave me a great sense of liberation. It'll be very fiddly when you start putting them in your self but soon enough becomes an effortless procedure. Just don't sleep in them, unless they're the ones that allow you to, because a trip to the local hospital will follow - happened to me twice after arrriving home pissed and not being arsed to take them out.  Sad
Does it roll with your eye and go out of place?
grubby

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday, November 6, 2012, 14:28:20 »

I now use the 30 day lenses that you just leave in for the whole time. I have been using these now for the last 7/8 years and they are great. I used to use daily lenses but also would forget to take them out when pissed. Played a whole round of golf with 2 lenses in each eye once. I thought the strange vision during the round was because I was still pissed until taking them out later that day I found 2 in each eye.  Cheesy
Dostoyevsky

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday, November 6, 2012, 14:29:51 »

When i've slept in them the lenses seriously dried out and then can be quite painful to remove, like they're sealed to the eye ball. After one of these instances of sleeping in them I managed to get them out with great trouble and with the use of steroid cream was eventually able to properly opene both eyes after a fair few days. Not to be reccommended  No

So far as putting them in for the first time I got seriously irate and it took me a whole hour to succeed. It's overcoming the bodies reflex to blink when the eye ball is touched and the sheer unfamiliar feeling of it that made it difficult. Definitely worthwhile especially if like me you're as blind as a bat.
Dostoyevsky

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday, November 6, 2012, 14:31:40 »

I now use the 30 day lenses that you just leave in for the whole time. I have been using these now for the last 7/8 years and they are great. I used to use daily lenses but also would forget to take them out when pissed. Played a whole round of golf with 2 lenses in each eye once. I thought the strange vision during the round was because I was still pissed until taking them out later that day I found 2 in each eye.  Cheesy

Yes Did the same once. Was walking around thinking my eyesight had become permanantely impaired.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday, November 6, 2012, 15:21:02 »

Go for lasik. Spend years messing about with glasses and contacts. Had lasik 12 years ago and never (metaphorically) looked back

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday, November 6, 2012, 15:43:33 »

only time i get pain or discomfort is when ive been chpopping chillies and forget and then try and put in my lenses :-)
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #11 on: Tuesday, November 6, 2012, 16:21:11 »

I'm lazy so I generally wear glasses as I find contacts are inconvenient (can only wear them for so long, I forget to take them out and go to sleep, never remember to carry spares with me etc.). If you get too much discomfort in the trial you should say to the optician as they will be able to try a different make etc.

Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #12 on: Tuesday, November 6, 2012, 16:39:49 »

I have worn contacts for 28 years and never had any problems or discomfort, the only issue is with the older ones you could easily wear them longer than you should and the eyes can dry out, also do not go to sleep in them.

I also find they give much better all round vision than glasses ever did or could.

I always wore my left in my right eye and visa versa with no ill effects, but then I do have the same prescription in both eyes Cheesy

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Nick Bamosomi
Bitter & Twisted

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday, November 6, 2012, 20:43:44 »

Never really had a problem with my lenses although I wear them less often now whereas I wore them daily when young.
Had them for over 30 years. If you decide to get them I would suggest some sort of plan where you pay a monthly fee and in that you get a free annual healthcare check and you can opt to get solutions on the plan too.

Never , under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same  night
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday, November 6, 2012, 20:49:30 »

Got daily disposables, great decision...BUT it took me bloody ages to learn how to put them in and take them out...can do it pissed now, no problem...but glad I persevered.  No pain, very rarely discomfort (usually my own fault), ask your optician to show you how to work out if the lenses are inside out or not, that's almost always the reason I have any discomfort.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: