Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 ... 35   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon V Plymouth Argyle Official Matchday Thread.  (Read 42116 times)
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #330 on: Tuesday, September 28, 2010, 21:37:15 »

Agreed....the side foot into the empty net that he put wide before half time was pants........though he was very unlucky not to score just after the break when it hit the goalies leg and spun out.
The amount of half chances in the box that went begging.........Austin would have had a field day.

Exactly and that's the precise point, a half decent (notice the term half decent not good!) forward would have scored from some of those chances.  Both Dossevi and Pericard spent more time being called offside that doing anything worthwhile.  I was starting to warm to Pericard slightly, but tonight's performance was downright lazy.

Did it come off Pericard when the goalie saved with his legs, we thought it came off the defender?
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #331 on: Tuesday, September 28, 2010, 21:37:25 »

Hello guys from a plymouth fan who was there tonight
entertaining game with many chances, your strikers did not seem to be able to find a way around our huge defenders, ref was awfull on account of both sides
you have a chance, 5th place I reckon
see you at home park Bye

You weren't too bad either. Not sure you have enough for top 6 but you were decent enough. Luck just wasn't with us tonight and silly errors cost us yet again.
Panda Paws

« Reply #332 on: Tuesday, September 28, 2010, 21:38:07 »

What a frustrating night. I dont get how people can say it was a good game, I didn't find it entertaining in the slightest. Horrendous start, and then we done well to break them down and get back into it before throwing it all away. A couple of thoughts:

Pericard was absolute gash. Lazy, clumsy and unintelligent. Wilson took the wrong CF off. Dossevi might not be able to hit a barn door but at least he is mobile, works, jumps and (sometimes) gets onside. Still think when everyong is fit and we're playing the diamond I'd have Austin and a loanee up front and Dossevi in the JPM role.

Prutton may have played well but was fucking stupid for getting sent off and I think that's ultimately cost us at least a point. Was just starting to impress, but has fucked it all up again, and the red came at the worst possible time, killing all momentum. Dont get why anyone would applaud him off.

AOB is the winner of the worst sub appearance in living memory award. Truley abysmal.

What the fuck was Kev doing in their half in the 95th minute. 2-2, back in the game, as a right back he should have just sat in, instead he's no where to be seen when the cross comes in.

Johnsons second yellow was unbeliveably harsh (if it was for handball, which i presume it was) and the ref was terrible for both sides.

There are the obvious errors, but so much was wrong with tonight, and it seemed like the last five games didn't really happen. The real concern now is the squad depth, especially with Caddis and Dossevi going on international duty in a couple of weeks (could we call the game off?). Only Billy Bodin an attacking option, and now no senior CM on the bench for a couple of games.

Overall we scored twice at home, should be more than enough to win a game, but horrendoues mistakes have cost us.

We've now got a run of winnable fixtures. Daggers, Rovers, Orient and Yeovil, with Posh away a massive challenge in their too. We need to get right back in the groove.

Dozno9

« Reply #333 on: Tuesday, September 28, 2010, 21:38:48 »

Rose MOTM?

Caddis was superb.
Panda Paws

« Reply #334 on: Tuesday, September 28, 2010, 21:39:37 »

I think Caddis was a fair shout, and Dougie done nothing wrong.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #335 on: Tuesday, September 28, 2010, 21:39:51 »

Here is a Batch eye view:

First half we started brightly until Lucas flapped at the cross and the ball ended up in the net. From that point on whilst they may not have had the lions share of possession Plymouth looked dangerous every time they broke forward with pace. 1-0 became 2-0 and nearly became 3-0 as (was it) Wright-Phillips broke free and in on goal and IMHO Morrison was lucky not to concede a penalty. That said Prutton got a shove in the back in the Plymouth box moments earlier so it evened out.

Slowly we got back into the game with Plymouth still looking dangerous with their pacey breaks. Out first goal came out of nothing when Prutton drove a low shot from 25 yards out that skidden on the turf and beat the keeper. We should have gone in 2-2 but Dossevi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo, big Vince laying it on a plate from a deflected Amankwha cross. This wasn't our only chance either, Dossevi raced clear and somehow didn't get the shot in  the net and Pericard put the deflection/save/whatever hopelessly wide.

Second half we tightened up a little in that we didn't allow Plymouth to come at us with their pacey attacks. They still created some good chances, and on another day could have scored 4 or 5. But so could we. Rose blasted in the free kick t make it 2-2, and after Prutton (idiot) saw red we went on the back foot. The Plymouth red was the signal to go for it, but intent on capping off a really crap defensive Swindon display we (Amankwha) got caught in no mans land leaving Caddis with 2 men and an excellent cross and header made it 2-3.

In summary both teams showed promise going forward, both were crap at defending and the scoreline could have been 5-4, or 4-6 or 9-7, you get the idea.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #336 on: Tuesday, September 28, 2010, 21:43:21 »

Oh yeah, what the hell was the plymouth player sent off for? We got lucky with that one

Things get better but they never get good
jimbob

Ignore
« Reply #337 on: Tuesday, September 28, 2010, 21:43:36 »

We settled for 2-2 when goin down to 10 then went for it when they lost a man..not many teams playin at home would've done anything different...pleased for rose for starters...two gripes...firstly how many free kicks do we have around the halfway line only to lump it aimlessly into the box...set pieces are the easiest thing to work on...secondly sometimes we need to use our nous a bit and foul players and take a yellow for the team in the dying seconds  
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #338 on: Tuesday, September 28, 2010, 21:46:26 »

What a frustrating night. I dont get how people can say it was a good game, I didn't find it entertaining in the slightest. Horrendous start, and then we done well to break them down and get back into it before throwing it all away. A couple of thoughts:

Pericard was absolute gash. Lazy, clumsy and unintelligent. Wilson took the wrong CF off. Dossevi might not be able to hit a barn door but at least he is mobile, works, jumps and (sometimes) gets onside. Still think when everyong is fit and we're playing the diamond I'd have Austin and a loanee up front and Dossevi in the JPM role.

Prutton may have played well but was fucking stupid for getting sent off and I think that's ultimately cost us at least a point. Was just starting to impress, but has fucked it all up again, and the red came at the worst possible time, killing all momentum. Dont get why anyone would applaud him off.

AOB is the winner of the worst sub appearance in living memory award. Truley abysmal.

What the fuck was Kev doing in their half in the 95th minute. 2-2, back in the game, as a right back he should have just sat in, instead he's no where to be seen when the cross comes in.

Johnsons second yellow was unbeliveably harsh (if it was for handball, which i presume it was) and the ref was terrible for both sides.

There are the obvious errors, but so much was wrong with tonight, and it seemed like the last five games didn't really happen. The real concern now is the squad depth, especially with Caddis and Dossevi going on international duty in a couple of weeks (could we call the game off?). Only Billy Bodin an attacking option, and now no senior CM on the bench for a couple of games.

Overall we scored twice at home, should be more than enough to win a game, but horrendoues mistakes have cost us.

We've now got a run of winnable fixtures. Daggers, Rovers, Orient and Yeovil, with Posh away a massive challenge in their too. We need to get right back in the groove.

3-2 and not entertaining?.....good game and could have been 5-5....keep taking the pills.
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #339 on: Tuesday, September 28, 2010, 21:46:56 »

Our formation was all wrong today, too narrow and they played it to the flanks with great effect.

http://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/sport/8417079.Reid_to_exploit_the_flanks/

and it went something like this ;

Tuesday Morning ................... Adver sports desk

AM :  Good Morning Anthony Marshall !

PR :  Hi Anthony, Peter Reid here, just to let you know that I think we can beat your lot by exploiting the flanks because you do seem to be playing quite narrow at the moment.

AM : Thanks Peter, can I quote you on that ?

PR : Go for it son !

AM :  Thanks, I'll let Danny know
Crispy
Pink Jumper For Goalpost

Ignore
« Reply #340 on: Tuesday, September 28, 2010, 21:50:17 »

Racist cunts out of the town end please. Racist chants at Viva la Peri is wayyyyyyyy to far.

They've got muslamic rayguns, muslamic rayguns..
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #341 on: Tuesday, September 28, 2010, 21:52:41 »

Racist cunts out of the town end please. Racist chants at Viva la Peri is wayyyyyyyy to far.

Fucking EDL
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #342 on: Tuesday, September 28, 2010, 21:53:42 »

Noone tore us a new arsehole (again).

Someone needs to teach Dossevi the offside rule. He could also do with some shooting practice.

Silly sending off from Prutton, but at least he put some challenges in.

McGovern was deservedly subbed IMO. Made no impact and was wasted out on the left. Probably more to do with tactics than anything.

Disappointed we didn't try and exploit their CBs a bit more after they'd both been booked. They couldn't cope with balls in behind and were just hoofing in to touch, but we never took advantage of this.
otanswell

Fuck em all...

Ignore
« Reply #343 on: Tuesday, September 28, 2010, 21:54:11 »

am i right in thinking this is the second time david prutton has been sent off this season? only played 9 games ffs

dirty jew

« Reply #344 on: Tuesday, September 28, 2010, 21:54:51 »

3-2 and not entertaining?.....good game and could have been 5-5....keep taking the pills.

Shipping two terrible goals then watching us try and break down a team of giants by pumping the ball long for 70 mins isnt my idea of entertainment. Thought Saturday was a much better game, irrelevant of result.

But as you're so concerned, I shall keep popping those pills - I can blame my opinon being different to others on the drugs.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 ... 35   Go Up
Print
Jump to: