Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 ... 35   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon V Plymouth Argyle Official Matchday Thread.  (Read 42134 times)
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #315 on: Tuesday, September 28, 2010, 21:23:47 »

Can' say we deserved to win. Not sure we deserved to lose either though.

Not sure what dossevi adds to the team either

Things get better but they never get good
Bert1981

Ignore
« Reply #316 on: Tuesday, September 28, 2010, 21:24:51 »

Gutted is the only word really. It wasnt a great performance like saturday but when you find yourselves 2 down after 8 minutes the game plan goes out of the window and we did well to drag ourselves back into it. Either side could have won it and the end and unfortunately it wasnt us.

Some positives to take out of the game, rose did well, if he can carry on like that we wont miss sheehan too much. Caddis was excellent, i like his directness and he drove us forward. Also thought Cuthbert was immense at the back.

Now the negatives, firstly no matter how hard they work neither Pericard or Dossevi will ever be a regular goalscorer, the instinct just isnt there. The sooner we get Austin back the better.

Too much long ball, yes we were chasing the game but we were at our most effective on the few occasions we kept it on the ground. Plymouths centre backs were dodgy but they were both massive so dealt with much of what we threw at them.

Saving the worst till last, what the fuck was O'brien on? Wandered around the pitch like he didnt want to be out there and contributed absolutely nothing to the game. I dont mind if you are shit as long as you give 100%, but that was a disgraceful performance. I would be happy if he never put on a town shirt again after that.
carbonwhite

Ignore
« Reply #317 on: Tuesday, September 28, 2010, 21:25:16 »

Can' say we deserved to win. Not sure we deserved to lose either though.

i thought he worked hard today just nothing went right for him, he was doing the running for pericard aswell who just looked unfit and lazy
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #318 on: Tuesday, September 28, 2010, 21:25:37 »

I reckon right wing or AMC and he'll tear this league apart.
STFC Bart

Ignore
« Reply #319 on: Tuesday, September 28, 2010, 21:26:11 »

why can we not win when we go behind? Wilson said he may go into the loan market i think thats essential-we aint got the strength in depth for a promotion push
Processed Beats

I drop beats from this processed meat.

Ignore
« Reply #320 on: Tuesday, September 28, 2010, 21:26:36 »

Entertaining game, but poor result. Fucking fuming with that.

Defensive mistakes cost us, and from an unlikely source - Lucas. No man's land for the first, and both he and the defenders could've kept out the second. Did attempt to save face with a cracking save from Noone right after though.

Dominated the last 15 minutes of the first half, and probably shaded the second. Prutton's goal was good, and coming before half time got us right back in it.

Disappointed to see Sheehan go off, but Rose was impressive when he came on. Cracking free-kick! Caddis well deserved MOTM. Dossevi needs to learn to stay onside, and Pericard to needs to be a little more mobile. Bloody loved the feeling of getting it back to 2-2.

Prutton, despite his eye for goal, is a liability. Absolutely stupid tackle right in front of the ref, now out for two games i guess? O'brien absolute wank when he came on, whats the point in an impact substitute not making an impact?

Plymouth were decent opposition, and their league position perhaps disguises this. Doesn't disguise the fact that we were tactically poor today, yet still could've won it.

Back to the traditional 4-4-2 on saturday please, disppointing today yes, but not the end of the world.

And
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #321 on: Tuesday, September 28, 2010, 21:27:03 »

IOB has pretty much called the game as I saw it.  The first goal was a complete cock up by Lucas and we didn't really settle down from that before conceding the second.  Did really well to draw back level and quite honestly had enough chances to have won it and probably would had Prutton not got sent off.  Stupid challenge right in front of the referee as well.

Caddis had a good game and Rose played the best I've seen him.  Pericard was back to his normal self - completely useless and unfortunately Dossevi wasn't much better.  They've both had chances they should have put away, how Pericard managed to miss before half time is beyond me.  IMO we need to go out into the loan market to bring in higher quality cover for Charlie.

Bringing O'Brien on was completely pointless, every time he got the ball he looked scared stiff and gave it away and surprisingly Ferry wasn't a great deal better.

All in all massively disaapointing after such a good display on saturday and we've certainly come back to earth with a bump.  The other crap things to point out are Plymouth really weren't that good but managed to score 3 goals past us, we still can't win a game after going behind (does anyone know when the last time we did that was?) and Brighton gayboys are top!
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #322 on: Tuesday, September 28, 2010, 21:27:10 »

Did well to get back to 2-2, just listened to DW on radio and cannot believe what I heard.  He thought we were unlucky, I thought at times we were crap.  Decision making was poor, struggled to pass the ball but overall I thought we didn't cope with their physical in-your-face tactics - very similar to Millwall at Wembley.  Not going to pick anybody out as a scapegoat, but I did think AOB was terrible when he came on, seemed indecisive and didn't provide the spark that was needed at the time.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #323 on: Tuesday, September 28, 2010, 21:28:09 »

Maybe. He sure as hell isn't a striker. Runs around a lot and is good on the ball, but useless if he's alway offside.

I said to my mate before the game saturday "there'll be goals in this". Said to Tails before the game today "Can't see there being many goals in this". Hansen I aint

Things get better but they never get good
carbonwhite

Ignore
« Reply #324 on: Tuesday, September 28, 2010, 21:30:54 »

Maybe. He sure as hell isn't a striker. Runs around a lot and is good on the ball, but useless if he's alway offside.

I said to my mate before the game saturday "there'll be goals in this". Said to Tails before the game today "Can't see there being many goals in this". Hansen I aint
i agree he definatly isnt a striker i think he would play well in JPM's position at the top of the diamond to give him abit more space to work with.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #325 on: Tuesday, September 28, 2010, 21:31:55 »

IOB has pretty much called the game as I saw it.  The first goal was a complete cock up by Lucas and we didn't really settle down from that before conceding the second.  Did really well to draw back level and quite honestly had enough chances to have won it and probably would had Prutton not got sent off.  Stupid challenge right in front of the referee as well.

Caddis had a good game and Rose played the best I've seen him.  Pericard was back to his normal self - completely useless and unfortunately Dossevi wasn't much better.  They've both had chances they should have put away, how Pericard managed to miss before half time is beyond me.  IMO we need to go out into the loan market to bring in higher quality cover for Charlie.

Bringing O'Brien on was completely pointless, every time he got the ball he looked scared stiff and gave it away and surprisingly Ferry wasn't a great deal better.

All in all massively disaapointing after such a good display on saturday and we've certainly come back to earth with a bump.  The other crap things to point out are Plymouth really weren't that good but managed to score 3 goals past us, we still can't win a game after going behind (does anyone know when the last time we did that was?) and Brighton gayboys are top!

Agreed....the side foot into the empty net that he put wide before half time was pants........though he was very unlucky not to score just after the break when it hit the goalies leg and spun out.
The amount of half chances in the box that went begging.........Austin would have had a field day.
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #326 on: Tuesday, September 28, 2010, 21:32:38 »

Please do change your avatar.

I can't help reading your posts in a homeboy stylee when I see that, nigger.
Dozno9

« Reply #327 on: Tuesday, September 28, 2010, 21:34:13 »

Austin certainly would have been all over that game and he would have won endless free kicks against the back 2 without a doubt. Dossevi has better hair though.
AlwaysArgyle

« Reply #328 on: Tuesday, September 28, 2010, 21:36:18 »

Hello guys from a plymouth fan who was there tonight
entertaining game with many chances, your strikers did not seem to be able to find a way around our huge defenders, ref was awfull on account of both sides
you have a chance, 5th place I reckon
see you at home park Bye
SCM

Ignore
« Reply #329 on: Tuesday, September 28, 2010, 21:36:52 »

Please someone explain to me how O'Brien is a footballer? He made no impact whatsoever, was puffing after 20 minutes and only used his pace to get back after giving the ball away in the first place. We might as well have Usain fucking Bolt on the left wing. Seems he's more up for his Saturday nights out than trying to break into the side.

Dossevi should be used as an impact sub rather than a starter (I realise we have no other option at this time), needs to learn the offside rule.

Rose our best player when he came on. Should have won MOM.

Caddis decent, Prutton continued to improve but his poor decision making in regards to challenges will cost us points. Though the first yellow was harsh I thought.

Lucas nervy. JPM anonymous.

Disappointing set back after a brilliant run of results. Need to put it right on Saturday.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 ... 35   Go Up
Print
Jump to: