Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 ... 22   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon V Southampton Official Matchday Thread  (Read 28598 times)
iffy

« Reply #210 on: Saturday, September 11, 2010, 20:53:47 »

I enjoyed today and think we'll kick on. Great result and some strong performances from Cuthbert and Morrison. Pericard looked on good form too - I was surprised that DW brought him off, from a confidence point of view.

I was getting a bit frustrated with JPM, especially in the first half, but I don't think it was his fault, as you could see Shirtliff and Wilson shouting at him a lot. I got the impression he was trying to do what he was told. I don't think he plays well with his back to goal and he got lost a lot; very disconnected from the rest of the middle three. He's much better chasing forward and putting the ball in the box. If we're going to stick with this formation, I'd be tempted to try Dossevi behind the front two, but I'd prefer to go back to flat middle 4 with JPM out right.

Ignore
« Reply #211 on: Saturday, September 11, 2010, 20:55:14 »

Massive sense of relief that we've got the first win under our belts and a really hard fought one.

I thought the defence looked solid, Cuthbert and Morrison won nearly everything, but as previously mentioned, it's a shame they can't pass a bit better.

Prutton played the best I've seen, but at times can be very selfish and almost doesn't seem to look at where he's going to pass the ball.  Douglas looked better today, but I thought Ferry was a bit quiet?  There was a definite problem with nobody being out on the right at numerous points in the game largely due to the formation we played.  Interesting that AOB wasn't even on the bench, was he injured?

Somebody mentioned that Kennedy's crossing was poor, but I thought he put in some good crosses and corners in the first half.  
Definitely seems as though there's going to be a bit of a fight for places in certain positions, which can only be a good thing.  There still seems to be something lacking in midfield though?

Major downside is Charlie's injury, just our bloody luck.  Vince was unlucky today with the header that was offside and worked hard today.  Again unlucky to be taken off and looked genuinely surprised.  Got a really good ovation round by me in the Arkells and one bloke was actually going ballistic at Wilson for taking him off?!  He's definitely going to need to find the back of the net with Charlie out!

Some Southampton fans were walking behind me largely bemoaning their own team, but also saying that we weren't worthy of the win and are going nowhere this season - we'll see  Wink

where do you sit in the arkells?there was a woman sat directly behind me who talked alot of sense during the game.
gonna sound all sexist, but that is rare.
Barry Scott

« Reply #212 on: Saturday, September 11, 2010, 21:02:47 »

Dossevi looks the absolute bollocks. I fucking love him already. Still not impressed with Prutton though.
Agreed. Controversial, but I think he's our most talented player with excellent control, technique and  vision. You can tell the lad has played at a good level all his career.

Pleased with the win and glad the drummer fucked off. What was he thinking bringing that into the Town End?

When Dossevi came on, he again impressed me. He's a class above. Roaming around everywhere laying balls of and showing nice touches and masses of strength. He has some serious ball retention skills. I wouldn't mind seeing him at the tip of the diamond if we're to play it again. Although I love JP and hate the idea of him on the bench.

Also, the drum. What. The. Fuck? Glad it stopped and liked the clear hatred of it by all. I hope someone lamped the cunt, smashed it, or he was ejected for bringing a fucking drum.

tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #213 on: Saturday, September 11, 2010, 21:04:25 »

I see a couple of people get ejected after the goal
Colin Todd

Ignore
« Reply #214 on: Saturday, September 11, 2010, 21:12:01 »

agree with those who say dossevi would fit the point of the diamond better than jpm (who i'd drop back into midfield for prutton)

Immaterial really as Dossevi is going to have to play up front for a bit
crystall Tips

Ignore
« Reply #215 on: Saturday, September 11, 2010, 21:14:15 »

Soton's kit - Peru in World Cup Argentina '78.  No idea why they would go for that, looks crap.

Win was all that's important today, get confidence up.  Tis all. 
Morgan Freeman

People enjoy the sound of my voice

Ignore
« Reply #216 on: Saturday, September 11, 2010, 21:15:00 »

I could hear the drum quite clearly from the Don Rogers, pleased when I heard this:

Drum drum, drum drum drum, drum drum drum drum, FUCK OFF.
« Last Edit: Saturday, September 11, 2010, 21:19:31 by Morgan Freeman » Logged
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #217 on: Saturday, September 11, 2010, 21:16:51 »

Soton's kit - Peru in World Cup Argentina '78.  No idea why they would go for that, looks crap.
http://www.footballshirtculture.com/10/11-kits/southampton-2010-2011-umbro-125th-anniversary-home-kit.html

The new design is inspired by our original kit - the first ever worn by a Southampton side. The iconic red sash design  of white shirt and shorts with black socks will replace the traditional stripes for the club's 125th Anniversary season only, and is the first home kit which is not predominantly red and white stripes for over 2 decades.

==============

Sat in the DRS I don't recall hearing the drum. Was it very small.
Jamiesfuturewife
Cats is nature

Ignore
« Reply #218 on: Saturday, September 11, 2010, 21:23:22 »

Who told my boyfriend he had a spider on his back?? Was it you DOn Rogers shop??
crystall Tips

Ignore
« Reply #219 on: Saturday, September 11, 2010, 21:41:11 »

The new design is inspired by our original kit - the first ever worn by a Southampton side. The iconic red sash design  of white shirt and shorts with black socks will replace the traditional stripes for the club's 125th Anniversary season only, and is the first home kit which is not predominantly red and white stripes for over 2 decades.

Well I did not know that.

Perhaps Peru '78 was based on Southampton's first ever strip then?
Colin Todd

Ignore
« Reply #220 on: Saturday, September 11, 2010, 22:03:49 »

Southamptons Kit is lush
tans

Ignore
« Reply #221 on: Saturday, September 11, 2010, 22:11:24 »

It looks like a jamrag

[url width=440 height=314]http://adultjokes.co.za/images/40343Tampon%20man_46063_40343_1.jpg[/url]

Vs

[url width=320 height=470]http://www.football-shirts.co.uk/fans/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/Southampton.jpg[/url]

Not much difference
« Last Edit: Saturday, September 11, 2010, 22:15:43 by tans » Logged
flammableBen

« Reply #222 on: Saturday, September 11, 2010, 22:16:47 »

Absolute fucking shitey bolocksing cunt bollocks. Seriously. Someone needs to take responsibility and something needs to be done. I can see people deserting in droves otherwise.

Matchday threads have been going downhill for a while now but this really is 15 pages of crap. You should all be ashamed of yourselves.
tans

Ignore
« Reply #223 on: Saturday, September 11, 2010, 22:25:33 »

If you come to the winners today you couldve had a pint
« Last Edit: Saturday, September 11, 2010, 22:27:37 by tans » Logged
flammableBen

« Reply #224 on: Saturday, September 11, 2010, 22:34:24 »

You have to have a ticket to get into the winners don't you?
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 ... 22   Go Up
Print
Jump to: