Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 ... 22   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon V Southampton Official Matchday Thread  (Read 28577 times)
wacko

« Reply #240 on: Sunday, September 12, 2010, 08:37:20 »

felt great to get our first league win and agree with a few above kennedy played well (again) and what was going on down our right flank JP spent all day in the middle we had no width at all, its as though we are accomodating players at the minute as in playing prutton,douglas and ferry. For me it would have to be douggy and ferry everytime.

Any news on Austin?
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #241 on: Sunday, September 12, 2010, 08:39:34 »

I like Kennedy...but he tends to knock the ball in a bit early when there is still plenty of space to run into...means players wernt ready for the cross...could turn into a real good player if he can build himself up a bit.

Quite a lot of the time he had no one to knock it to. The movement in front of the back 4 was not very good until Dossevi came on. Out of the 4 left backs we have the best at passing out of the back is JFL by a country mile. 
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #242 on: Sunday, September 12, 2010, 08:51:31 »

Oh and I don't live McGovern with hair, he just doesn't look right.

That + blue boots + playing in a different position = me spending quite a bit of the first half thinking "who is that" every time he got the ball. Wouldnt be so bad, but I was like a goldfish - no matter how many times I realised it was McGovern I repeated the sorry process a few minutes later.
Langers

Ignore
« Reply #243 on: Sunday, September 12, 2010, 09:01:08 »

Good 3 points but the most concerning thing is the drum.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #244 on: Sunday, September 12, 2010, 09:03:55 »

Good 3 points but the most concerning thing is the drum.

I was near the middle of the TE and wasn't sure where it was coming from it sounded that bad. Was it an Argos kids drum?  Oh and whoever thought to use bloody Tom Hark as music after a goal want's bloody shooting also, naff, very naff.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #245 on: Sunday, September 12, 2010, 09:49:10 »

Pericards header for the goal was brilliant!

Things get better but they never get good
bassett boy

we will overcome

Ignore
« Reply #246 on: Sunday, September 12, 2010, 09:55:02 »

I was near the middle of the TE and wasn't sure where it was coming from it sounded that bad. Was it an Argos kids drum?  Oh and whoever thought to use bloody Tom Hark as music after a goal want's bloody shooting also, naff, very naff.
I totally agree about the music, what should be played when we score?
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #247 on: Sunday, September 12, 2010, 09:57:20 »

That + blue boots + playing in a different position = me spending quite a bit of the first half thinking "who is that" every time he got the ball. Wouldnt be so bad, but I was like a goldfish - no matter how many times I realised it was McGovern I repeated the sorry process a few minutes later.
You're not alone there, I did the same.

I saw Will Evans in the legend's lounge prior to the game and he's huge. Pretty bulky too. Was he another of Budgie's "big unit" youth policy?
ibelieveinmrreeves
Should've gone to Specsavers

Ignore
« Reply #248 on: Sunday, September 12, 2010, 09:58:18 »

Er, nothing?

Even men with steel hearts love to see a dog on the pitch.
A Gent Orange

Ignore
« Reply #249 on: Sunday, September 12, 2010, 10:00:47 »

A sort of spontaneously generated clapping, cheering, people being happy sort of noise.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #250 on: Sunday, September 12, 2010, 10:13:02 »

I suggest "enjoy yourself" by the Specials when we score....if we need a song that is, crass as playing songs when teams score is.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Spencer_White

« Reply #251 on: Sunday, September 12, 2010, 10:35:46 »

Great result, just what we needed.

Saints are a dirty side, they are arrogant and seem to think they have a right to injure the opposition when they are losing. The tackle on Ball was a 100% red card! The one on Austin, maybe you can say it was a yellow, but Davies was definately out to hurt him.

The players did very well not to let the nervousness of the crowd get to them. Atmosphere was very poor for the last 15 minutes. Please drummer fuck off.

Prutton had a good game. Overall I didnt think we had enough width going forward, but its certainly made us much tighter at the back. Another clean sheet. Last season was built on 1 Nil Austins, we need more. Hope the arm is OK.
« Last Edit: Sunday, September 12, 2010, 11:40:51 by Spencer_White » Logged
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #252 on: Sunday, September 12, 2010, 10:44:23 »

Also thought Prutton had a decent game, he is starting to settle in to our system and style of play, he will be a usefull addition over the season.  Forgot Ferry was playing today but that probably cos he was out of his normal position.

Hopefull Dossevi gets a run of starts now, he is potentially our match winner for the next few weeks.
bassett boy

we will overcome

Ignore
« Reply #253 on: Sunday, September 12, 2010, 10:44:30 »

I suggest "enjoy yourself" by the Specials when we score....if we need a song that is, crass as playing songs when teams score is.
I agree no music
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #254 on: Sunday, September 12, 2010, 10:45:46 »

Did seem strange that Austin and JPM seemed to swap positions for this match
But as i said after Franchise the tactics dont mean a thing when you win..............its when you lose playing strange tactics that the manager feels the brunt.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 ... 22   Go Up
Print
Jump to: