Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 ... 22   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon V Southampton Official Matchday Thread  (Read 28698 times)
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #120 on: Saturday, September 11, 2010, 16:58:59 »

I thought the diamond worked pretty well, especially it not being rigid with plenty of interchange with the midfielders. Though I'm not convinced McGovern is the best choice at the top of it, I'd go with Prutton or even Dossevi.

Kennedy played well but his passing and crossing was poor, biggest concern was him chasing lost causes down the wing a few times which was pointless. It just leaves a massive gap to be exploited and could have cost us. Thought LJF looked better when he came on, especially his passing which was spot on. I'd really like to see LJF being given a go in midfield.

The big problem with Cuthbert and Morrison is that neither of them can pass the ball. Cuthbert never tries and Morrison was all over the place, giving the ball away time after time. They either need to stop trying and give the ball to a midfielder, or we need LJF back there.

Pericard had an excellent game, though he was letting himself get pushed around a bit too much by their central defenders (or the ref wasn't giving fouls when he should have). Surprised at him being taken off as he got better as the game went on and was causing their defenders quite a few problems.

Overall though it was a pretty poor game. We maybe just edged it but based on that both teams are looking at mid table.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #121 on: Saturday, September 11, 2010, 17:01:34 »

First the good. 3 points, fairly even game. Prutton played quite well defensively. Clean sheet. Big Vince put himself about and looked handy,.

Bad - the formation (which looked like a diamond to me too). It wastes McGovern, who had a poor game anyway. We had nothing down the right as Amankwha largely looks like a reluctant wing back though got forward more in the second half. Still it worked and we probably won't play that formation every week.

Disastrous - Austin Barry Corr'd his shoulder. Not sure where else the goals are coming from if Perricard doesn't. We'll see.

In conclusion, not a vintage performance, not a bad one either.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #122 on: Saturday, September 11, 2010, 17:05:32 »

Dossevi looks the absolute bollocks. I fucking love him already. Still not impressed with Prutton though.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #123 on: Saturday, September 11, 2010, 17:05:44 »

The problem with Morrison, as I said before, is that if he has the time on the ball he always looks to go long. But what he does well is win the ball.

It's obvious to me that Prutton and Douglas can't play together. Wilson needs to realise this and drop one of them.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #124 on: Saturday, September 11, 2010, 17:07:56 »

Oh and I forgot about the goal that was ruled out for offside. A brilliant header from Pericard. He is getting better and better.

Ignore
« Reply #125 on: Saturday, September 11, 2010, 17:09:05 »

pericard i thought was excellent.very unfortuante to get subbed.kennedy aint good enough i'm afraid.to slow to show and then to recover.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #126 on: Saturday, September 11, 2010, 17:09:57 »

I thought Kennedy had a good game. Oh well.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #127 on: Saturday, September 11, 2010, 17:12:25 »

Kennedy did have a good game, however - every time he did have the ball, he naturally looked down the line as any full back would.

Of course due to the diamond midfield there wasnt anyone there most of the time.

Prutton and Douglas seemingly cant play in the middle together but with the diamond they were kept apart and didnt get in each others way.
knifey spoony

Ignore
« Reply #128 on: Saturday, September 11, 2010, 17:13:28 »

I thought Kennedy had a good game. Oh well.

Me too. Didn't see anything wrong with his performance. Good for him to be getting a few starts, as he will undoubtedly be losing his place to Sheehan soon enough.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #129 on: Saturday, September 11, 2010, 17:15:11 »

We deserved the win... just about.

Not convinced with the shape of the team although we are looking very good defensively. Sheehan and Caddis will improve the back four. The diamond gave us extra defensive cover which helped against Southampton but stifled us completely, I thought Ferry was the best of the midfield today and Prutton showed a bit more of his ability.

The challenge on Charlie was criminal, the keeper had no intention of going for the ball and knew full well he could just clatter into Austin and the ref would let it slide. Fucking disgrace, hope that cunt dies in his sleep tonight. The tackle by Harding was worthy of a straight red too.

And I'm not a jinx anymore!
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #130 on: Saturday, September 11, 2010, 17:16:57 »

would have been harsh to send Harding off for a tackle made by Hammonds Smiley
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #131 on: Saturday, September 11, 2010, 17:18:13 »

I sat next to a right twat. Constanly moaning all game and said I've not been for two years and I'm not coming again it's a waste of 22 quid.

Well fuck off then you cunt.

I thought the game was ok, but the ref was a bottling cunt and the Lino had aids.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #132 on: Saturday, September 11, 2010, 17:19:04 »

The Hammond tackle was borderline Red Card/Assault Charge, let alone a yellow, absolute shocker and the ref bottled it utterly. Wound Chalkie's_Shorts up something rotten, thought he was going to expire with rage!

The Davis one was indeed very naughty but the kind of thing that half the time gets given against the striker, at least we bloody won and the little fucker got it in the neck.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #133 on: Saturday, September 11, 2010, 17:19:46 »

would have been harsh to send Harding off for a tackle made by Hammonds Smiley

An excellent point.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #134 on: Saturday, September 11, 2010, 17:21:14 »

Oh and bennett impressed me with how restrained he was for 70 mins.

Then it went to pot Cheesy
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 ... 22   Go Up
Print
Jump to: