Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Wise Men Say - A New Podcast  (Read 6977 times)
wisemensay

« on: Thursday, August 26, 2010, 19:58:56 »

Hi,

Some of you may have already noticed us whoring this podcast across other forums, so apologies if you've read this already.... Smiley

Some friends and I have decided to start a podcast charting Swindon's progress throughout this season. We've recorded the first episode, titled 'Brentford, Bloody Brentford'.
You can access this from our blog which is here http://wisemensaystfc.blogspot.com/
We want to make this a fans podcast, so will be looking to get a few words from people both before and after games, so look out for us!

Feel free to email us with any feedback, it would be greatly appreciated. Any stories or anything interesting, or just to say hello even!

Thanks

Wise Men Say
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Thursday, August 26, 2010, 20:11:18 »

Football is a game of opinions. Yours seem to be mainly wrong

Fair play for having a go though

Things get better but they never get good
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Thursday, August 26, 2010, 20:14:10 »

I'll give it a listen later, I like football podcasts.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Thursday, August 26, 2010, 20:49:14 »

Fellas - listened to the first few minutes and did enjoy it.  I will listen to the rest when I get the chance.

Good effort.
knifey spoony

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Thursday, August 26, 2010, 20:57:36 »

Football is a game of opinions. Yours seem to be mainly wrong

Fair play for having a go though

A well rounded opinion after less than 13 minutes of actually listening to the thing.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Thursday, August 26, 2010, 21:14:46 »

I was probably a little harsh. Little things though, we lost 5-0 to gillingham, not 5-0, and labelling o'brien as not a footballer annoyed me.

I'll give it a proper listen tomorrow

Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Thursday, August 26, 2010, 21:26:33 »

we lost 5-0 to gillingham, not 5-0

Dumbass  Smiley
deltaincline

« Reply #7 on: Thursday, August 26, 2010, 22:30:50 »

Just done the first 30 minutes of the podcast. Sounds like a room full of pricks who've watched 'the footie' for a couple of seasons and take themselves and their 'you know' opinions too fucking seriously.

Most of what I heard has just been regurgitated from the forums and newspapers. Fuck all originality. Zzz

pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Thursday, August 26, 2010, 22:33:29 »

I was probably a little harsh. Little things though, we lost 5-0 to gillingham, not 5-0
Podcasters 1-0 STFC dave (o.g.)

Not listened to it yet, but will do. Fair play to you for getting off your butts and doing it. Easy to slag it off, not so easy to do one. I take it dave and delta could do better?
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Thursday, August 26, 2010, 22:39:39 »

Haha noo! Like I said, i'll give it a full listen tomorrow to give a full judgement. And to be honest, there speaking there opinions and all power to 'em. But if I don't agree I don't see why I should continue to listen.

Spy

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Thursday, August 26, 2010, 22:42:29 »

Listening now. Seems a bit too doom and gloom (to be fair I'm only 5mins in so not a very valid opinion). Fair play for doing it.
« Last Edit: Thursday, August 26, 2010, 22:44:27 by Spy » Logged
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Thursday, August 26, 2010, 22:53:53 »

Haha noo! Like I said, i'll give it a full listen tomorrow to give a full judgement. And to be honest, there speaking there opinions and all power to 'em. But if I don't agree I don't see why I should continue to listen.
Or maybe you could offer to contribute and put forward your point of view? That might be more constructive and result in something more along the lines of what you wanted this initial effort to be.
deltaincline

« Reply #12 on: Thursday, August 26, 2010, 23:00:12 »

Podcasters 1-0 STFC dave (o.g.)

Not listened to it yet, but will do. Fair play to you for getting off your butts and doing it. Easy to slag it off, not so easy to do one. I take it dave and delta could do better?

The 'Dave and Delta' Podcast would no doubt be a fucking awesome experience, and piss easy to do nowadays on a decent mobile phone.

I doubt I'd find it neccessary to do patronising impressions of a west-country carrot cruncher, or the odd insulting, stereotypical Indian accent, like the posh cunt podcasters chose to do about 27 minutes or so in, but fuck, its a free country, eh PaulD?

pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Thursday, August 26, 2010, 23:13:39 »

The 'Dave and Delta' Podcast would no doubt be a fucking awesome experience, and piss easy to do nowadays on a decent mobile phone.

I doubt I'd find it neccessary to do patronising impressions of a west-country carrot cruncher, or the odd insulting, stereotypical Indian accent, like the posh cunt podcasters chose to do about 27 minutes or so in, but fuck, its a free country, eh PaulD?
Well, like I said to dave, if you don't like what they've done, get in touch with them and contribute something yourself. It'd offer the alternative viewpoint you seem to want, I'm sure they'd be very grateful of someone filling some pod-time for them and I'd love to hear a 5-minute "Delta's ranty shouty swear-in" section. That'd be worth the ticket alone (although if they bleep-censor it, it'll sound like Morse code or a modem having an orgasm)

I'd add again I haven't yet listened to it myself so I reserve the right to do a complete volte face and join the naysayers when I finally do Smiley
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #14 on: Thursday, August 26, 2010, 23:26:26 »

The main reason it doesn't work for me is because I've stopped caring about the Brentford game. I've moved on and hope for a win on Saturday.

I tried to listen beyond 15 minutes but I'd had enough by then. Although I'm regretting the fact I will never know if John joined the podcast.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: