Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Wise Men Say - A New Podcast  (Read 7026 times)

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Friday, August 27, 2010, 17:34:00 »

ah that's right. i stand corrected.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Friday, August 27, 2010, 17:34:08 »

Why would Nationwide want to be associate with such a hated team?

Oh right, England.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Friday, August 27, 2010, 18:28:01 »

Have now listened to it fully, it's not too bad. I were probably a bit harsh with my initial assesment. It is a bit dry though, a podcast where most of your listeners will have seen the game will struggle if i continues along the match review theme. To please PaulD I have thought of a few suggestions:

- 'Where are they now'. You have a few weeks between each recording, it can't be that hard to come up with something fairly interesting to cover 10 minutes or so
- Take the piss more, be less serious.
- May not have the equipment to do so, but sort the recording levels out. Two of the guys sound as if they're out of the room when speaking.
- Get your facts right Smiley

Yours sincerely

STFC dave

ST

Things get better but they never get good
wisemensay

« Reply #33 on: Friday, August 27, 2010, 18:48:46 »

Thanks for everyone's feedback so far. The first episode has certainly been an eye opener! In hindsight, think we probably rushed it out before we really knew what we're doing. We won't make the same mistakes again though!

STFC Dave, I appreciate your comments, I think research and a definitive structure are definitively required...and yes, we do need to be less serious! Maybe we should get hammered beforehand  Cheesy

Next episode is planned for after the Southampton game, so lots of time to plan.

Cheers

deltaincline

« Reply #34 on: Friday, August 27, 2010, 22:47:40 »

Thanks for everyone's feedback so far. The first episode has certainly been an eye opener! In hindsight, think we probably rushed it out before we really knew what we're doing. We won't make the same mistakes again though!

STFC Dave, I appreciate your comments, I think research and a definitive structure are definitively required...and yes, we do need to be less serious! Maybe we should get hammered beforehand  Cheesy

Next episode is planned for after the Southampton game, so lots of time to plan.

Wiseman; Fair play to you, Tarquin, Rupert and Hubert for doing the podcast, but you should follow your own advice and get yourselves well hammered before doing episode 2. If you get a few facts wrong while inebriated on a couple of bottles of Dom Pom, it'll be funny as fuck and no one will care.

Looking forward to hearing it:-)
stevenhchrist

« Reply #35 on: Friday, September 10, 2010, 16:56:48 »

I'd have to say that as you'd expect from a football forum the reaction is mixed. Obvious as football is based on opinions and and there is no 'black and white'. Getting a few a facts wrong is not something to be slated for - corrected but not slated. In a live recording that is unscripted people will make mistakes and when they are so minor, to pick them out and slate them is rather childish. I'd imagine some are just not into it as they are perhaps jealous that someone else has an opinion and wish they had thought of the idea of a podcast. Sadly, in all walks of life these people exist. As a first effort I'd highly praise these lads for getting off their backsides and recording their opinions on the game. I would make the following suggestions.

1. Get the levels right.
2. Bullet point a few areas for discussion - perhaps some stories in the press that week or the like.
3. Don't be so apologetic. This is your god damn podcast and it's your right to do anything you like with it. If people don't like it then they don't have to listen. If they want to contribute, e-mail in or voice an opinion on it then that's their right but whatever you do, follow your heart and make YOUR podcast not what you think other's may want from a podcast.
4. Get a theme tune. Match of the day would have bombed without a phat theme tune - so would The Bill and Blind Date.
5. Do some features.

chalkies_shorts

« Reply #36 on: Friday, September 10, 2010, 17:06:16 »

Thats a cracking patronising first post
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Friday, September 10, 2010, 17:08:33 »

I'd have to say that as you'd expect from a football forum the reaction is mixed. Obvious as football is based on opinions and and there is no 'black and white'. Getting a few a facts wrong is not something to be slated for - corrected but not slated. In a live recording that is unscripted people will make mistakes and when they are so minor, to pick them out and slate them is rather childish. I'd imagine some are just not into it as they are perhaps jealous that someone else has an opinion and wish they had thought of the idea of a podcast. Sadly, in all walks of life these people exist. As a first effort I'd highly praise these lads for getting off their backsides and recording their opinions on the game. I would make the following suggestions.

1. Get the levels right.
2. Bullet point a few areas for discussion - perhaps some stories in the press that week or the like.
3. Don't be so apologetic. This is your god damn podcast and it's your right to do anything you like with it. If people don't like it then they don't have to listen. If they want to contribute, e-mail in or voice an opinion on it then that's their right but whatever you do, follow your heart and make YOUR podcast not what you think other's may want from a podcast.
4. Get a theme tune. Match of the day would have bombed without a phat theme tune - so would The Bill and Blind Date.
5. Do some features.

You are either one of the people doing the podcasts (And a twat) or just a twat.

It's All Good..............
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #38 on: Friday, September 10, 2010, 17:42:27 »

Good username, good first post.

Utter cunt Cheesy
iffy

« Reply #39 on: Friday, September 10, 2010, 18:44:14 »

If my dad was going to give me feedback, I wish he'd do it to my face, rather than via internet messageboard.
deltaincline

« Reply #40 on: Friday, September 10, 2010, 22:19:37 »

1. Get the levels right.
5. Do some features.

It took you 2 weeks, but you bit;-)

Now fuck off, you jumped-up fuck-mother.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Friday, September 10, 2010, 22:23:11 »

Class delta class Cheesy
wisemensay

« Reply #42 on: Saturday, September 11, 2010, 09:47:08 »

Morning,

We don't know who stevenhchrist is.

It's not us - we appreciated all the feedback that we recieved and fully anticipated that we would get slated a bit as we knew that we had gotten a few things wrong in the first one, and also that we didn't really structure or plan it too well.

We did not take two weeks to 'bite' - we specifically do not want to bite! It's all good and all we want to do is have a bit of a laugh with it, and if a few people like it then even better.

Delta - I honestly thought we had left it with you thinking we were posh and advising us to get battered before the next one! Cheesy

We won't pretend that the negative feedback didn't jar a bit, but we had a think and decided that our first offering could've been a lot better, and that the best way to react would be to tighten up our game! We are not children who take ourselves too seriously, we are adults trying to have a laugh and see where it goes.The last thing we want is to lose potential interest, or to get invovled in word wars.

We do not know who stevenhchrist is - the first thing I did when I saw this thread had been updated was to log in and post this.

It's nothing to do with us!
carbonwhite

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Saturday, September 11, 2010, 09:49:47 »

were all a bunch o cunts on here get used to it  Beers Cheesy
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Saturday, September 11, 2010, 11:20:09 »

We are not children who take ourselves too seriously
Everyone else on here is, what makes you so fucking special? Smiley