Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Wise Men Say - A New Podcast  (Read 7059 times)
dphunt88

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Thursday, August 26, 2010, 23:46:51 »

My first impression having listened to 10 mins is that they get alot of little things incorrect. Not a big crime but it really bugs me! "Losing 5-1 at Gills"... "then beating Milton Keynes 4-0 in the cup"... "we beat leeds 3-0 twice in the space of two-three weeks" etc etc

Sorry for being a picky twat!

Enthusiastic Loathed Strangers Podcast contributor.
Local media whore.
Ernie Hunt's second cousin, honest!
Overweight local cricket all-rounder!
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Friday, August 27, 2010, 00:11:20 »

What's a podcast?  Sad
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Friday, August 27, 2010, 00:37:34 »

What's a podcast?  Sad
A podcast, Your Honour, is a means by which a radiogram broadcast, having once been transmitted over the airwaves, may be subsequently retrieved by listeners who may perhaps have been tardy in their apprehension of said transmission, at their leisure, as it were, so that they may then listen to the broadcast in question at a time of their choosing. I'm indebted to my learned friend for further advising me that such podcasts may be "down-loaded", whomsoever that may be.

Now, Constable Smythe, you say you were proceeding in a westerly direction ...
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Friday, August 27, 2010, 00:46:19 »

A podcast, Your Honour, is a means by which a radiogram broadcast, having once been transmitted over the airwaves, may be subsequently retrieved by listeners who may perhaps have been tardy in their apprehension of said transmission, at their leisure, as it were, so that they may then listen to the broadcast in question at a time of their choosing. I'm indebted to my learned friend for further advising me that such podcasts may be "down-loaded", whomsoever that may be.

Now, Constable Smythe, you say you were proceeding in a westerly direction ...

Have you turned into Leonard Sachs? Or maybe Stanley Unwin...
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Friday, August 27, 2010, 00:50:57 »

Who is this Sachs fellow of whom you speak? I assume a player in one of these popular music hall variety acts which are so much the rage among the faster set?
Crispy
Pink Jumper For Goalpost

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Friday, August 27, 2010, 01:08:19 »

My first impression having listened to 10 mins is that they get alot of little things incorrect. Not a big crime but it really bugs me! "Losing 5-1 at Gills"... "then beating Milton Keynes 4-0 in the cup"... "we beat leeds 3-0 twice in the space of two-three weeks" etc etc

Sorry for being a picky twat!

Agree  Yes

They've got muslamic rayguns, muslamic rayguns..
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Friday, August 27, 2010, 01:12:09 »

Who is this Sachs fellow of whom you speak? I assume a player in one of these popular music hall variety acts which are so much the rage among the faster set?

Indutibably...a logodaedalus par excellence
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Friday, August 27, 2010, 04:34:24 »

Haven't listened to it and won't be, so I can't comment on the content.

With all the opinions on here, on the adver site, in the pub before the games, etc, etc, I don't think I could take any more!

(And the only opinion that's worth anything is mine anyway)

It's All Good..............
china red

« Reply #23 on: Friday, August 27, 2010, 06:49:35 »

Seems to be banned here in China which is strange considering how liberal the government is to whats put on the internet.
wisemensay

« Reply #24 on: Friday, August 27, 2010, 07:35:06 »

We're not expecting everyone to like it, we're probably expecting hardly anyone to like it! It's just opinion, that's all. If you don't like it, then fair enough! Do appreciate the feedback on here, and yes there have been a few elementary mistakes such as getting scores (slightly) wrong and only posting this on Thursday, so we will work through them.

As for the west country accent, that's how the guy talked and it's how I talk too (when I'm drunk) as I'm from deepest, darkest devizes. And the Indian accent, well the guy is half indian, so maybe these are private jokes that don't translate too well on a podcast. Still, it's all a learning experience...

Cheers
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Friday, August 27, 2010, 07:37:53 »

where do you record it?
wisemensay

« Reply #26 on: Friday, August 27, 2010, 08:23:51 »

at whoever's house is available. Have a few mics plugged in to a mixer, which is plugged into a laptop. We plan to interview a few people at the southampton game, so look out for us!
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Friday, August 27, 2010, 14:05:47 »

Lucas beaten at his near post? it went through his legs didnt it? When on earth did Southampton think they had no chance due to the points deductions?

Looking back at the plays offs in 90 and 93 - we had good teams! genius!

We played Leeds 3 months apart.

Did someone just say 'defendering'

We created loads of chance, they werent clear cut because the Brentford centre backs blocked a hell of a lot!

Sean Morrison, signed from Plymouth - local - umm no!!

Bit harsh on Cuthbert, he's not quite as brainless as Ifil.

Franchise have never been sponsored by Nationwide and one thing we dont need is Sean O'Hanlon.

Other than those, some good points and opinions and some not so good ones. Just the like forums and what not.

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Friday, August 27, 2010, 17:21:30 »

i'm pretty sure i remember mkscum being sponsored by nationwide.
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Friday, August 27, 2010, 17:33:04 »

i'm pretty sure i remember mkscum being sponsored by nationwide.

No, that was Northampton who was also sponsored by Nationwide.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: