Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 ... 18   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: HTC Desire  (Read 58461 times)
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #105 on: Monday, August 23, 2010, 14:04:30 »

Point 5 - How do I backup my SD Card I may give this a go tonight - I must connect it wirelessly to my router first - don't think I've done that
FFS don't you read ANY of the manuals? Smiley

Connect it to the PC via USB, then when the handset prompts, select "Use as disk drive" (or something like that), then it just shows up like a USB stick etc. Just copy the contents to your hard drive.

As predicted, couldn't wait, updated mine earlier, took around 45 mins to download the update (guess the servers are a bit busy!) and around 30 mins to apply it. Seems much more responsive already but not had chance to play much yet. Of course, this shouldn't be taken as an indication that the update has gone smoothly. I may yet experience some kind of catastropic failure later in the week! I'd still advise anyone with more patience and sense than me to wait a few days, see how others get on
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #106 on: Monday, August 23, 2010, 16:59:55 »

I wonder when O2 will release the bloody thing...

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #107 on: Monday, August 23, 2010, 18:15:51 »

FFS don't you read ANY of the manuals? Smiley

Connect it to the PC via USB, then when the handset prompts, select "Use as disk drive" (or something like that), then it just shows up like a USB stick etc. Just copy the contents to your hard drive.

As predicted, couldn't wait, updated mine earlier, took around 45 mins to download the update (guess the servers are a bit busy!) and around 30 mins to apply it. Seems much more responsive already but not had chance to play much yet. Of course, this shouldn't be taken as an indication that the update has gone smoothly. I may yet experience some kind of catastropic failure later in the week! I'd still advise anyone with more patience and sense than me to wait a few days, see how others get on

Manual, what's that then don't do manuals   Smiley
stfcinbmth

« Reply #108 on: Tuesday, August 24, 2010, 15:55:13 »

Didn't like feeling left out, got a bit carried away this afternoon and I've taken the plunge. £30pm on it's first charge now
otanswell

Fuck em all...

Ignore
« Reply #109 on: Tuesday, August 24, 2010, 22:52:55 »

There's a Froyo port available for the iPhone now, but there's no power management so the battery only lasts an hour of so apparently.

Yeah there is...mate tried it, its crap. On another note I turned my PC into a mac today without using a virtual image...hackintosh or something its called

Ignore
« Reply #110 on: Thursday, August 26, 2010, 07:41:07 »

Upgraded mine last night, took about 20 mins does seem a slightly faster response - does not help my signal issue at home though as that is a crap signal !!
lambourn red

« Reply #111 on: Thursday, August 26, 2010, 08:28:49 »

Upgraded mine yesterday only took about 15 mins, i have also installed "Chrome to Phone" nice little app which allows you to send URL, Text, videos and maps from google chrome to your phone.
stfcinbmth

« Reply #112 on: Thursday, August 26, 2010, 15:29:15 »

I wonder when O2 will release the bloody thing...

I'm thinking that too now
stfcinbmth

« Reply #113 on: Friday, August 27, 2010, 17:58:05 »

My desire is showing an H up the top where there is normally a G(I think), with permanent arrows showing data being transfered both ways. Any ideas?
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #114 on: Friday, August 27, 2010, 19:00:30 »

H = HSDPA which is another name for 3G+ (some phones show 3G+ depending on firmware).

As for your other issue, I'd downloas 3G Watchdog to properly monitor 3G usage. It could be those arrows are coming on when the phone is communicating with the network rather than actually grabbing or transmitting a lot of data.
stfcinbmth

« Reply #115 on: Friday, August 27, 2010, 19:05:00 »

H = HSDPA which is another name for 3G+ (some phones show 3G+ depending on firmware).

As for your other issue, I'd downloas 3G Watchdog to properly monitor 3G usage. It could be those arrows are coming on when the phone is communicating with the network rather than actually grabbing or transmitting a lot of data.

Cheers Si, and the battery life is really shit, even using a task manager
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #116 on: Friday, August 27, 2010, 19:17:14 »

How shit (in hours)?

Download an app called Spare Parts and open it. Go to battery history and select Partial Wake Usage and Since last unplugged. This will sort the things which have been keeping your phone partially awake and thus eating the battery. You can click on each app/component and get some stats. Main probable culprit will be facebook, I've had problems but managed to sort it easily. The blue bars are also a good indication, nothing should have a large blue bar (you'll see what I mean when you get there).

The task killer will probably eat up more battery too.

Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #117 on: Friday, August 27, 2010, 19:26:38 »

For example, if your phone has been unplugged for say 8 hours and an app has 25mins of partial wake lock, there's a problem.

Most apps use naff all, others a few mins in a lot of hours.
stfcinbmth

« Reply #118 on: Friday, August 27, 2010, 19:44:59 »

Task manager, Settings both 20
Messages 16
Opera mini 14
HTC sense 108 what?
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #119 on: Friday, August 27, 2010, 20:03:08 »

The stats should be minutes and seconds. Have you gone to the right bit? I think you're looking at the number of times launched.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 ... 18   Go Up
Print
Jump to: