Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Macklin Released  (Read 6917 times)
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Tuesday, June 22, 2010, 20:49:01 »

You abuse me all the time..........

I love you more for it x
And pay extra for it
Colin Todd

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Tuesday, June 22, 2010, 21:37:31 »

I'll say it again, if you cant take some groans (especially when you've clearly made a basic error) from the crowd then you are not going to make it as a pro.

I wasnt at that MK game where he played very well, but many youngsters can have good games. they need to be consistant to make it though
dell boy

« Reply #47 on: Wednesday, June 23, 2010, 06:54:20 »

The booing bit ...

If I recall he also got a standing ovation when he came on - so those of you who are saying it knocked his confidence cant have it both ways.

If you cant respond to booing or groaning because it demoralises you, what does cheering and a standing ovation meant to do for you. We had all waited for this new talent to make his home debut, what a massive let down.

Quite simply, he was not good enough to hold a place in the squad.

Ability alone does not get you to the top. You need the right attitude, seen so many young players who think once they have a squad number they are the dogs bollocks. It is just the start of your career you have to work even harder to keep that squad number and it is not down to ability alone, a lot of it is in your head.

I wish him all the best, he is young, just needs to knuckle down now, and show what he is made of and prove a lot of us wrong.
rogerhubbard

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Wednesday, June 23, 2010, 07:27:44 »

What bothers me, isn't so much that a lad with possible potential has been released, but that we will undoubtedly borrow a couple of lads his age from other (bigger) clubs who have even less to offer, and give them loads of first team pitch time - we had a couple of those last season, I seem to remember!
Crispy
Pink Jumper For Goalpost

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Wednesday, June 23, 2010, 10:41:10 »

What bothers me, isn't so much that a lad with possible potential has been released, but that we will undoubtedly borrow a couple of lads his age from other (bigger) clubs who have even less to offer, and give them loads of first team pitch time - we had a couple of those last season, I seem to remember!

Hutchinson? 

They've got muslamic rayguns, muslamic rayguns..
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Wednesday, June 23, 2010, 11:16:19 »

Got take take the rough with the smooth when it comes to loans in the hope we get something better than we have. We get Hutchinson types but we also get some like Ward and Ferry.

If you don't give all the loans a chance clubs will be less likely to let any more come in the future.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Wednesday, June 23, 2010, 13:22:42 »

Hutchinson? 

A disaster of a signing.........is he still at Celtic???

Clems Army!
Spencer_White

« Reply #52 on: Thursday, June 24, 2010, 11:16:12 »

Certainly true that the games Hutchinson started but Macklin didnt before he got injured at Brentford, were a total waste of time.

I think Tope probably had a bit more to offer than Macklin, but not Hutchinson.
Crispy
Pink Jumper For Goalpost

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Thursday, June 24, 2010, 14:33:48 »

A disaster of a signing.........is he still at Celtic???

He was loaned out again... I Think Dundee United is ringing a bell, maybe.

Rich Pullen

« Reply #54 on: Thursday, June 24, 2010, 14:40:20 »

Hutchinson went to Dundee.

Macklin was alright, was he ultimately good enough at L1 level? Not in a team with genuine aspirations of getting promotion.

Good luck to him.
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: Wednesday, June 30, 2010, 13:12:27 »

Macklin signed for Torquay according to the OS - good luck to him
Crispy
Pink Jumper For Goalpost

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: Wednesday, June 30, 2010, 15:27:52 »

Best of luck down their macccccccccccccccccccccccccccc

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: