Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Macklin Released  (Read 6939 times)
STFC_Gazza

« Reply #30 on: Tuesday, June 22, 2010, 16:30:45 »

If you were at franchise away then you would have seen that he had a LOT of potential.

He obviously had promblems playing at home as every time I saw him away he was impressive. Hope he finds another club

I wonder why he had problems playing at home ?  Hmmm booing perhaps ...

Probably cared to play at home like that puff Aljofree
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #31 on: Tuesday, June 22, 2010, 16:38:09 »

No one fucking boo's him.We were chasing the game and fans groaned it's what football fans do if you can't handle that at Swindon Town then maybe it's best you don't become a pro footballer as the crowds don't get much better anywhere else around the country.

Our fans are no different to anyone else apart from we seem to like to abuse are own fans than anywhere else.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Tuesday, June 22, 2010, 16:38:39 »

Yeah, I heard once Aljofree missed a really important home game because he was going on holiday with his mrs.

Fucking puff.
JB_Swindon

« Reply #33 on: Tuesday, June 22, 2010, 16:42:47 »

No one fucking boo's him.We were chasing the game and fans groaned it's what football fans do if you can't handle that at Swindon Town then maybe it's best you don't become a pro footballer as the crowds don't get much better anywhere else around the country.

Our fans are no different to anyone else apart from we seem to like to abuse are own fans than anywhere else.
Yeh I suppose ... But it just seems like a waste of a talent
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #34 on: Tuesday, June 22, 2010, 16:46:03 »

But that's his fault not ours(fans i mean).Prime example though of why sometimes it's best to cash in when you get the offers.

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Tuesday, June 22, 2010, 16:48:37 »

it proves that talent alone doesn't make a player.mental and physical strength is a massive factor.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Tuesday, June 22, 2010, 16:57:37 »

Anyone doubting the kid had talent - Franchise away.

As others have said never recovered from having his first ever professional touch booed.

Nice one you stupid cunts.

So if he never recovered why did he have a good game at MK?
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Tuesday, June 22, 2010, 16:59:29 »

This and to be fair Macklin was dreadful that day. I thought that in the early stages of last season he looked quite good though. He just lost his way after the injury and when you've got players like JP and Danny Ward keeping you out you're always going to find it hard. Good luck to him.

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Tuesday, June 22, 2010, 17:00:17 »

i dont think it has anything to do with him getting booed or whatever.
i am sure it is down to wilson not having a big squad,and not having the patience to wait and see if he comes good.
the harsh reality of being a pro at our level.learn fast or end up in non league
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Tuesday, June 22, 2010, 17:02:46 »

So if he never recovered why did he have a good game at MK?

because it was away from home.
trogladite

« Reply #40 on: Tuesday, June 22, 2010, 17:19:13 »

Anyone doubting the kid had talent - Franchise away.

As others have said never recovered from having his first ever professional touch booed.

Nice one you stupid cunts.

dave said it all for me.  i really thought our youth system had finally produced but he could't rise above a crowd that usually baits there own players.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Tuesday, June 22, 2010, 17:30:23 »

You abuse me all the time..........

I love you more for it x

Clems Army!
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #42 on: Tuesday, June 22, 2010, 17:34:14 »

dave said it all for me.  i really thought our youth system had finally produced but he could't rise above a crowd that usually baits there own players.
Bollocks
trogladite

« Reply #43 on: Tuesday, June 22, 2010, 17:35:50 »

Bollocks

Smug Fuck Off
Spencer_White

« Reply #44 on: Tuesday, June 22, 2010, 19:39:02 »

Big dissapointment for me. I think everyone who was at Franchise for the cup game would agree. He really did skip over tackles and breeze past players that night.

One thing that hasnt been mentioned is injury worries. I know any player can get injured, but that leg fracture at Brentford really was virtually nothing. You wonder if his body just wasnt standing up to the punishment? Another theory, his contract was up, did he and his agent ask for too much money? Being on a video game cover can do strange things to a boys head.

I dont think the booing for the Orient game ruined his chances with Swindon. But they certainly did set him back. One thing you can say now is that there is a much much more positive attitude at the CG now. Hopefully we are getting back to being a proper supportive crowd.

I thought he was going to make it. Very dissapointing. 
« Last Edit: Tuesday, June 22, 2010, 19:50:04 by Spencer_White » Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: