Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Drunks who think they are the dogs bollocks  (Read 12660 times)
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: Sunday, May 30, 2010, 20:27:27 »

I was well up for the singing, me and my dad and 1 bloke behind us and two or three infront of us were trying, and we really were trying, but when some cunt turns around and calls me a "plastic ginger cunt" because when he turnt around i wasn't singing at that exact moment
Maybe he thought you weren't a proper ginger and had just dyed your hair to try and look like one?
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #61 on: Sunday, May 30, 2010, 21:42:23 »

Maybe he thought you weren't a proper ginger and had just dyed your hair to try and look like one?
The bloke must have been absolutely fucking hammerred to think that.
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: Sunday, May 30, 2010, 21:47:43 »

We don't make any noise normally, why should it have been any different at wembley?

You're such a dick. Wouldn't expect someone who only joined us during the last play off season to really get it though.

Our biggest game in 17 years. If you can't get up for that and join in a simple give me an S, then why bother going. I got pissed at the block next to me, much in the same way Dave did.

I'd fucking do it again too.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: Sunday, May 30, 2010, 22:20:18 »

You're such a dick. Wouldn't expect someone who only joined us during the last play off season to really get it though

harsh. i only started watching swindon frequently around that time, i'm fairly certain that i "get it"
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: Sunday, May 30, 2010, 22:27:29 »

Why all the criticism! I understand the reasoning as to why we should have sung a lot more, but being realistic:

- The townend sings through pretty much every games. Say thats 1500 people
- The arkells and the DRS clap along and sometimes get involved with some half arsed attempts of "danny wilsons red and white army". Say thats 8,000 people.
- These make up most of our regular home support

Say there's 5,000 estranged town fans who can't make a lot of the home games, that makes over 15,000 who rarely, if ever, watch us. Lets not beat around the bush, these have turned up because it's wembley. Realistically, how can you attempt them to be as vocal in support as the 1500 TE regulars?

Things get better but they never get good
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: Sunday, May 30, 2010, 22:28:54 »

Its not fucking difficult is it?

They join in with the rest of us?
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: Sunday, May 30, 2010, 22:34:43 »

Yes, but these people were here for wembley rather than the football.

I'm as dissapointed as the rest of you, but it's no use getting so worked up over it. What has been has been etc

Things get better but they never get good

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: Sunday, May 30, 2010, 22:37:01 »

i had 2 fellas with me who rarely go to games.they sang along.plenty of others tagging along with regulars would have done the same.but in such a large stadium it doesn't work having little pockets of fans willing to sing as yesterday proved.even rotherham today sang better than we did
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #68 on: Sunday, May 30, 2010, 22:39:03 »

The songs we have finish by the time the others hear what we are singing. Come on you reds would have caught on but no fucker wanted to sing that as we didn't waer red
trogladite

« Reply #69 on: Sunday, May 30, 2010, 23:11:52 »

Why not sing "come on you reds"?  It was sung at Walsall and Exeter this season to my knowledge and we weren't wearing red then.

Also to pad the numbers up in our end, there was Norwich, Chelsea, Liverpool, Leeds and get this one scummer I recognised from the New Century Club who was positively beaming at the end of the game. 

These people have no love for our club and came along because it was wembley, or their mates nagged them into coming.  I Didn't expect them to sing and I wasn't disappointed.  However the other three who never go to football joined in all the singing and happy clapping.
Miss Angry

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: Sunday, May 30, 2010, 23:33:07 »

Im more dissapointed by our own fans fighting each other in the ground and others throwing half filled drinks... Hmmm maybe the fighting started cos they had had a drink thrown over them! If one had landed on my head like it did a poor some poor lad down the front i would have kicked off.
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: Monday, May 31, 2010, 00:09:47 »

I sang quite a bit I think,go me!

/
W56196272
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: Monday, May 31, 2010, 08:37:05 »

The songs we have finish by the time the others hear what we are singing. Come on you reds would have caught on but no fucker wanted to sing that as we didn't waer red

I agree.  For the day trippers, comeon you reds seems odd when we are in white - regulars know what's going on but you don't need head scratching when a song needs to get going.  Also, I spent far too long trying to work out what the song was only 50 or so people either side of me at times because you can't hear it to begin with very well.  By the time I'd got it and joined in, the section who started it had stopped.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #73 on: Monday, May 31, 2010, 08:43:44 »

We should all practice some non-stop inward singing for next season.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: Monday, May 31, 2010, 09:00:34 »

Is anyone ever going to review the Taylor report or are we condemned to sitting down at football forever? There doesn't even seem to be any momentum behind the safe standing campaign any more. In the old days singing fans and sitting fans self-selected themselves into their respective areas, but what can you do now? You can no more chant sitting down than you can dance. When they stopped fans standing up they tore the heart out of the matchday experience.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up
Print
Jump to: