Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Drunks who think they are the dogs bollocks  (Read 12675 times)
shady

Free the Etuhu one!!

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Sunday, May 30, 2010, 18:15:26 »

True, Dave's has shunted Ardille's analogy off-stage

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Sunday, May 30, 2010, 18:17:53 »

if you cant get excited and make a bit of noise at your teams biggest game in 17 years, then maybe you should go to the opera instead?
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Sunday, May 30, 2010, 18:18:28 »

True, Dave's has shunted Ardille's analogy off-stage
Smiley or played it off the park
woolster

« Reply #48 on: Sunday, May 30, 2010, 18:21:27 »

call me a cunt, BUT i think the lower league p/offs should be played at the emerites, 60000, plenty of room for true supporters & it would make for a superb atmosphere Clap

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Sunday, May 30, 2010, 18:22:24 »

cunt
kaufman

« Reply #50 on: Sunday, May 30, 2010, 18:22:34 »

Ardiles makes great points and i can understand the frustration of the lack of atmosphere when we've been there before and it's been immense, 93 better than 90 as i remember but yesterday was the first time as fans at wembley we had been behind and i honestly think most of us were just trying so hard watch what was going on the pitch.

I heard today that we've made 500 grand (on bbc report) from these playoffs, if this is true then these plastics have given a nice amount to use for our wage bill next season.

Spencer_White

« Reply #51 on: Sunday, May 30, 2010, 18:24:12 »

call me a cunt, BUT i think the lower league p/offs should be played at the emerites, 60000, plenty of room for true supporters & it would make for a superb atmosphere Clap

Why? Are the fans equipped with loud speakers playing audio of cheering, chanting fans?

The fans make the atmosphere, not the concrete.
woolster

« Reply #52 on: Sunday, May 30, 2010, 18:27:07 »

Why? Are the fans equipped with loud speakers playing audio of cheering, chanting fans?

The fans make the atmosphere, not the concrete.
yes i know that, but wembly is to fucking big to get any atmosphere, even milwall had a load of spare seats No
Spencer_White

« Reply #53 on: Sunday, May 30, 2010, 18:29:08 »

One real problem with Wembley is that the fans are split between the bottom and top tiers, with either loads of corporate or empty seats in between.

And the Emirates is exactly the same in that respect.
genf_stfc

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Sunday, May 30, 2010, 19:13:26 »

i've been to new wembley twice before, for england games, and saturday was the best atmosphere i've heard in there by a long way.  Its very hard to get anything going in there because its so big - unless you have really simple chants like Millwall - so I was quite impressed at the start, becasue you could have heard a pin drop at the england games.

People like the ones dell is talking about really don't help.  To continue the high brow analogies its why orchestras have conducters, not self-appointed aggressive enibriates that insult all the musicians and look keen to start a fight.  Everyone wants the symphony to be played as well as it can but it won't work if the brass section is embarrassed by the conducter's behaviour, and would really rather not be associated with it, and the string section is scared of even making eye contact for fear of getting thumped.       
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: Sunday, May 30, 2010, 19:16:23 »

Oh shit (smiley thing, smiley thing)!  Look what I've started.  Think I'm going to give the analogies a rest for now.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: Sunday, May 30, 2010, 19:19:36 »

Oh shit (smiley thing, smiley thing)!  Look what I've started.  Think I'm going to give the analogies a rest for now.
Making a good opera analogy is, in many ways, a lot like selling a house ...
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: Sunday, May 30, 2010, 19:21:21 »

Making a good opera analogy is, in many ways, a lot like selling a house ...

Oh sweet Jesus...Bob fucking Holt's getting in on it now.  Please make it stop!!
bassett boy

we will overcome

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: Sunday, May 30, 2010, 19:46:17 »

Can anyone tell me what a plastic supporter is?
If you go on average 15-18 home games and 5-7 away games is that a loyal supporter
I agree with some of the comments i think our support was quiet because of 3 things
New Wembley (looking round all the time
Millwall outside the ground
We did not play well in the first half
Coming back to the Plastic supporter we have te remember the last 10-15 years the bad years we lost a lot of support people have proved last few games of the season the playoffs that they will support the team
Lets build on this we have a good chairman a good manager and players will want to play for Swindon
Crispy
Pink Jumper For Goalpost

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: Sunday, May 30, 2010, 20:03:14 »

I was well up for the singing, me and my dad and 1 bloke behind us and two or three infront of us were trying, and we really were trying, but when some cunt turns around and calls me a "plastic ginger cunt" because when he turnt around i wasn't singing at that exact moment REALLY pissed me off, i was one of 189 who went exeter away in the paint pot cup, and im plastic? Smiley

Oh well, yeah, it was shite we lost but we got nobbed 5-0 by gillingham and finished the season at wembley, double over leeds, southampton. What a season.

They've got muslamic rayguns, muslamic rayguns..
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up
Print
Jump to: