Pages: 1 ... 1554 1555 1556 [1557] 1558 1559 1560 ... 1931   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: trivial things that make you smile,or make you feel good  (Read 4519852 times)

Ignore
« Reply #23340 on: Sunday, March 29, 2020, 17:28:33 »

Yes tans. Superb stuff

Ignore
« Reply #23341 on: Sunday, March 29, 2020, 17:30:43 »

Latifs inspired on YouTube is well worth a look. Gives good cooking instructions for Indian restaurant cooking styles. Loads of content there.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #23342 on: Sunday, March 29, 2020, 19:46:59 »

Mango Chutney for me but I do like a good Riata. A Mango Lassi (no not the dog) is always quite nice too as a cleanser. Talking of palate cleansers, has anyone else here tried Ayran? Bob's Orange, i'm looking at you  Smiley

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #23343 on: Sunday, March 29, 2020, 20:09:38 »

Mango Chutney for me but I do like a good Riata. A Mango Lassi (no not the dog) is always quite nice too as a cleanser. Talking of palate cleansers, has anyone else here tried Ayran? Bob's Orange, i'm looking at you  Smiley

Yeah and I hated it. It’s like a salty yoghurt and just wasn’t to my liking. That’s said, the wife loves it, always has it with a spicy dürümcü (kebab)

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #23344 on: Sunday, March 29, 2020, 20:24:12 »

Worked out earlier that I must have seen Luis Figo play against us at the County Ground.  This has made my evening.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #23345 on: Sunday, March 29, 2020, 20:29:36 »

Worked out earlier that I must have seen Luis Figo play against us at the County Ground.  This has made my evening.

The were some great names in that side...

http://swindon-town-fc.co.uk/MatchCentre.asp?Friendly=YES&MatchID=1993994000
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #23346 on: Sunday, March 29, 2020, 20:30:03 »

Worked out earlier that I must have seen Luis Figo play against us at the County Ground.  This has made my evening.

Sporting lisbon friendly. He scored too
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #23347 on: Sunday, March 29, 2020, 20:37:02 »

Just 10 days later, we had the season opener vs Sunderland when Hoddle scored his screamer.
BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #23348 on: Sunday, March 29, 2020, 22:23:37 »

My oldest sister worked at Breadsall Priory during Euro 96 and the Portuguese team stayed there. She got one of Figo's shirts, Rui Costa's massage bar amongst some other random bits and bobs but most impressively, the late great Eusebio's autograph; he travelled with the team as an ambassador.

What a player he was. Could've easily been responsible for England not making the final of the 66 World Cup.

'Incessant Nonsense'

BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #23349 on: Sunday, March 29, 2020, 22:33:01 »

Yeah and I hated it. It’s like a salty yoghurt and just wasn’t to my liking. That’s said, the wife loves it, always has it with a spicy dürümcü (kebab)

Nice! I don't mind it. Thought it cleansed well after a pretty tasty Kiymali Pide; I wouldn't have it by itself though...which I mistakenly did once but I was trying to order something else and must've pronounced it wrong. But then thought "oh that's ok, he's brought me a nice glass of frothy milk, lovely" *gulp gulp* "The hell is that!" 

Pint

'Incessant Nonsense'

Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #23350 on: Monday, March 30, 2020, 07:58:18 »

Nice! I don't mind it. Thought it cleansed well after a pretty tasty Kiymali Pide; I wouldn't have it by itself though...which I mistakenly did once but I was trying to order something else and must've pronounced it wrong. But then thought "oh that's ok, he's brought me a nice glass of frothy milk, lovely" *gulp gulp* "The hell is that!" 

Pint

haha. Did you have any lahmacan? Its a lovely really thin bread with a thin layer of mincemeat on the top. Usually as a starter prior to the Pide. Can't wait for this all to be over and get back to Turkey for my fix!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
mystical_goat

Ignore
« Reply #23351 on: Monday, March 30, 2020, 08:23:48 »

haha. Did you have any lahmacan? Its a lovely really thin bread with a thin layer of mincemeat on the top. Usually as a starter prior to the Pide. Can't wait for this all to be over and get back to Turkey for my fix!

Love this, my local kebab house do a good one.

Green Lanes in North London for the best, real turkish grub. Gokyuzu best for a meal, can't remember the name of the lahmachun place, but I'd recognise it.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #23352 on: Monday, March 30, 2020, 08:34:37 »

Love this, my local kebab house do a good one.

Green Lanes in North London for the best, real turkish grub. Gokyuzu best for a meal, can't remember the name of the lahmachun place, but I'd recognise it.

Thanks MG. I vaguely have heard of Green Lanes actually. Might have to try that out one day, when all this is over of course Smiley

pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #23353 on: Monday, March 30, 2020, 10:03:53 »

So it's like a salty yoghurt, you don't like it, but the wife gobbles it up? I'd change your kebab shop, mate, spitting in the food is one thing ....
BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #23354 on: Monday, March 30, 2020, 21:07:54 »

Yes! Love that stuff and enjoy Borek too.

Always remember going into a little cafe on the outskirts of Marmaris Bazaar - yet really quite local. This old lady put on a spread for us (almost like one of these set ups during filming for Rick Stein or Floyd), probably about 6 courses and it came to no more than 40tl, which at that time worked out about £8...for four of us! Homecooked Borek in front of us and only the language of food was spoken. Çok lezzetliydi!

'Incessant Nonsense'

Pages: 1 ... 1554 1555 1556 [1557] 1558 1559 1560 ... 1931   Go Up
Print
Jump to: