Pages: 1 ... 1358 1359 1360 [1361] 1362 1363 1364 ... 1933   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: trivial things that make you smile,or make you feel good  (Read 4545904 times)
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #20400 on: Friday, March 23, 2018, 21:07:42 »

Canned corned beef is the second worse 'meat' in a can (tuna is worse). yuck.

Just think of all that glorious set lard inside a one corner. What's wrong with tha' lad?

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #20401 on: Saturday, March 24, 2018, 01:29:54 »

Just think of all that glorious set lard inside a one corner. What's wrong with tha' lad?

I'm trying to get Flashers recommendation of lard use out of my head....don't you start.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #20402 on: Saturday, March 24, 2018, 04:22:42 »

Canned corned beef is the second worse 'meat' in a can (tuna is worse). yuck.
Slices, Batch, slices. Packaged like ham in all that glorious plastic everyone is raving about.

Talking about things in cans - can you still get Fray Bentos pies? And what does Fray Bentos mean, if anything?
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #20403 on: Saturday, March 24, 2018, 06:30:25 »

Slices, Batch, slices. Packaged like ham in all that glorious plastic everyone is raving about.

Talking about things in cans - can you still get Fray Bentos pies? And what does Fray Bentos mean, if anything?
It's a port in Uruguay.

At last, the geography degree is put to use.  Smiley

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #20404 on: Saturday, March 24, 2018, 06:35:35 »

Don't mind corned beef, not had it in ages, mind. Spam, on the other hand, is fucking disgusting stuff.
Flashheart

« Reply #20405 on: Saturday, March 24, 2018, 06:36:31 »

Spam is fucking horrid stuff
Amir

« Reply #20406 on: Saturday, March 24, 2018, 07:39:55 »

I bought some spam the other day after convincing the missus it was the same as the pate they have in Cambodia(it looks identical). I hadn't had it since I was a kid. I was wrong, it was foul.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #20407 on: Saturday, March 24, 2018, 08:28:32 »

Just to put the debate to bed, spam is rank but corned beef with tomato sauce in a sandwich is hard to beat...

Used to eat a lot of tongue when I was a kid, not sure I would now, knowing what it actually is... And what the fuck is haslet all about.

In other things that make me laugh the little lass acting as Dutch mascot in the football last night flicking the v's as the camera passed during the anthem made me smirk!
Amir

« Reply #20408 on: Saturday, March 24, 2018, 08:53:53 »

The Vs is a very British thing. The younger generation all over the world pose for photos like that, even some British youngsters do now.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #20409 on: Saturday, March 24, 2018, 09:52:32 »

Went to a sportsmans dinner with Ron Atkinson last night. I always thought he was twat but he was fucking hilarious!
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #20410 on: Saturday, March 24, 2018, 11:20:25 »

In other things that make me laugh the little lass acting as Dutch mascot in the football last night flicking the v's as the camera passed during the anthem made me smirk!

More amusing was England trying to play like Holland, and the Dutch lumping it up to the big fella, looking for bits and pieces.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #20411 on: Saturday, March 24, 2018, 11:41:07 »

The Dutch were appalling last night. England generally kept the ball well and played the Luke Williams way with pace up top to break. Unfortunately Rose has the delivery quality of a DPD employee and we were quite wasteful in the final third. I think Henderson was more than adequate as well, kind of a defensive midfield position, not trying too many Hollywood balls that more often than not end up in the crowd. Many positives but Italy should be more competent.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #20412 on: Saturday, March 24, 2018, 11:51:24 »

The Dutch were appalling last night. England generally kept the ball well and played the Luke Williams way with pace up top to break. Unfortunately Rose has the delivery quality of a DPD employee and we were quite wasteful in the final third. I think Henderson was more than adequate as well, kind of a defensive midfield position, not trying too many Hollywood balls that more often than not end up in the crowd. Many positives but Italy should be more competent.

England try and play football in a sort of painting by numbers fashion....it will take a while for it to be second nature, and so the speed can be increased.

I guess we got used to the Dutch producing top quality players from a relativlely small population.... so assumed it would always be thus.  For whatever reason that supply has dried up.  The same sort of thing happened with the Scots, about 20 years ago, but the reasons for that are more obvious.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #20413 on: Saturday, March 24, 2018, 12:01:48 »

England try and play football in a sort of painting by numbers fashion....it will take a while for it to be second nature, and so the speed can be increased.

I guess we got used to the Dutch producing top quality players from a relativlely small population.... so assumed it would always be thus.  For whatever reason that supply has dried up.  The same sort of thing happened with the Scots, about 20 years ago, but the reasons for that are more obvious.

They were spoiled with Robben, Van Persie and Sneijder etc. That Bas Dost in the first half hour or so had the touch of a league 2 player, everything was bouncing off him. I googled him and his club goalscoring record is fantastic (in the Dutch and Portuguese league granted)

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #20414 on: Saturday, March 24, 2018, 12:07:48 »

Just to put the debate to bed, spam is rank but corned beef with tomato sauce in a sandwich is hard to beat...

Used to eat a lot of tongue when I was a kid, not sure I would now, knowing what it actually is... And what the fuck is haslet all about.

I’d have thought you’d be tucking into a chitling ragu with a side of tripe before nipping out for a few brown ales at tha local CIU club.
Pages: 1 ... 1358 1359 1360 [1361] 1362 1363 1364 ... 1933   Go Up
Print
Jump to: