Pages: 1 ... 850 851 852 [853] 854 855 856 ... 1938   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: trivial things that make you smile,or make you feel good  (Read 4673359 times)
ghanimah

Ignore
« Reply #12780 on: Thursday, May 1, 2014, 20:00:59 »

My apologies then, I did you a disservice. He's always struck me as being the Jed of British politics.

No worries, anti-eu yes and had no real political home to go to, but now politically homeless  Sad

"We perform the duties of freemen; we must have the privileges of freemen ..."

Ignore
« Reply #12781 on: Thursday, May 1, 2014, 20:29:26 »

Cheers for that ghanimah
Talk Talk

« Reply #12782 on: Friday, May 2, 2014, 21:49:23 »

Reading station. Now that it is nearly finished it is bloody awesome. That is a hell of an investment but what a result. I was sorry to see the old GWR canopies go (gone to the GWS at Didcot according to one of the construction guys I spoke to) but it's just a wow now.
Flashheart

« Reply #12783 on: Saturday, May 3, 2014, 11:46:02 »

It looks like somebody has hacked Nick Griffin's twitter account and posted his mobile number.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #12784 on: Saturday, May 3, 2014, 22:57:56 »

The number of neck tattoos that seem to be popular in calne. That's just the women  Smiley
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #12785 on: Saturday, May 3, 2014, 23:01:36 »

It looks like somebody has hacked Nick Griffin's twitter account and posted his mobile number.

His current background picture will give you nightmares though...
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #12786 on: Sunday, May 4, 2014, 15:12:08 »

Rattler currently £1.75 a bottle in Sainsburys  Pint
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #12787 on: Monday, May 5, 2014, 00:49:53 »

If the off-the-field uncertainty is getting to anyone, just spare a thought for our near neighbours.  It could be so much worse.

Oxford: Cutting their wrists after failing to make the League 2 play offs.  Despite being a self-confessed massive club at that level, they have failed to make it tell.  Again.  The Christmas Curse is alive and well.  And to cap it all, the reviled manager they hounded out shortly before the end of the season - who, incidentally, took them back in to the League just a few seasons ago - had the satisfaction of celebrating in their faces as he kept Northampton up by turning them over on the final day.  Gary Waddock, thank you.

Reading: Having recently swapped my daily commute in to London on the train for a shorter drive to work, I have the dubious pleasure of listening to BBC Radio Berkshire most mornings for traffic updates.  I've had to turn over for the last week, however, as the station has gone in to Reading FC overdrive - led by none other than Adi Williams.  The 7 day 'build up' was farcically OTT, but ultimately satisfying as 'the Royals' (parrotted every 5 seconds or so) fucked it all up on the final day and gifted the final play off spot to Brighton.  Entertaining stuff.  I will be tuning in on Tuesday with interest.  Adi and 'Peachy' not quite so chirpy on that occasion, I'll imagine.

Bristol City: Mid-table Division 3.  Massive.

Bristol Rovers:  RIP.  See separate thread.

Cheltenham: I almost forgot they existed, but apparently they still play football there.  Close cousins of FGR.  Of the 92, a huge 7 clubs were even more shit than they were this year.

I think that's it.  See.  It's not all bad.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #12788 on: Monday, May 5, 2014, 01:25:42 »

Ground to ground, Cheltenham are our closest rivals. It speaks volumes they are at the bottom of your, and most other town fans, list. Non entity

Things get better but they never get good
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #12789 on: Monday, May 5, 2014, 07:52:30 »

You forgot to mention Yeovil. Now I know they are very few peoples pick for being local rivals, and rightly so, but their craptacular season cumulating in relegation could indeed enable us to rule the West Country next season, whilst reminding Oxford they they rule fuck all. Will be interesting to see if they invest their Championship cash in the playing budget, or not.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #12790 on: Monday, May 5, 2014, 08:37:18 »

Hmmm.  But Yeovil is 75 miles away.  Stretching it a little to call them local?  Northampton, Southampton, Coventry and Franchise all closer.
kerry red

« Reply #12791 on: Monday, May 5, 2014, 08:47:16 »

Can see Shitty having a decent season next time - it does go to show what a difference a manager sometimes makes.

For the opposite of that, of course, see Gary Waddock!

I can honestly see Oxford struggling next season whereas TBH I secretly thought they would be out of Division 4 fairly quickly.

Keep expecting Reading to implode for no reason other than I hope they do. It's about time we played them somewhere along the way.

Rovers will stay in the Conf for at least the one season.

Cheltenham and Yeovil I don't give a fuck about either way.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #12792 on: Monday, May 5, 2014, 08:54:22 »

Hmmm.  But Yeovil is 75 miles away.  Stretching it a little to call them local?  Northampton, Southampton, Coventry and Franchise all closer.

It as more the "West Country" tag thing. I don't rate Cheltenham as rivals either.
kerry red

« Reply #12793 on: Monday, May 5, 2014, 08:57:09 »

TBH I wouldn't say we are West Country
ibelieveinmrreeves
Should've gone to Specsavers

Ignore
« Reply #12794 on: Monday, May 5, 2014, 09:43:05 »

Rovers will stay in the Conf for at least the one season.

Well, yeah. This is how this relegation thing works. You play at least a season in the division below the one you were in.

Wink

Even men with steel hearts love to see a dog on the pitch.
Pages: 1 ... 850 851 852 [853] 854 855 856 ... 1938   Go Up
Print
Jump to: