Pages: 1 ... 2136 2137 2138 [2139] 2140 2141 2142 ... 2653   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Trivial things you don't understand/mildly annoy you  (Read 5036684 times)
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #32070 on: Monday, February 17, 2020, 11:01:05 »

More than welcome Smiley

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #32071 on: Monday, February 17, 2020, 11:34:39 »

If someone dislikes you(which is a pretty pathetic conclusion to come to from just reading words on a forum) they'll hit the cunt button when they see a post from you. Not based on what you've said in it. Don't worry about it.

I don't think it is that pathetic a conclusion to come to, because the likelihood is that it is true. It is so easy to "hate" or "dislike" someone online without ever meeting them. The point in case is very evident, the reason I highlighted it and that it touched a nerve. Due to the very recent death of a celebrity, who took her own life because people (more so online) are inconsiderate cunts and the web/social media/the press has enabled it and made it easier for those that wish to do so.

Had it been regarding my self confessed love of shellfish and seafood I couldn't give a fuck about the "points". This just was too close to home unfortunately and if you believe reacting sensitively, regarding suicide and/or depression is pathetic, then I'm incredibly sorry but I will never hide my emotion on the matter.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'

Ignore
« Reply #32072 on: Monday, February 17, 2020, 11:40:39 »

I don't think it is that pathetic a conclusion to come to, because the likelihood is that it is true. It is so easy to "hate" or "dislike" someone online without ever meeting them. The point in case is very evident, the reason I highlighted it and that it touched a nerve. Due to the very recent death of a celebrity, who took her own life because people (more so online) are inconsiderate cunts and the web/social media/the press has enabled it and made it easier for those that wish to do so.

Had it been regarding my self confessed love of shellfish and seafood I couldn't give a fuck about the "points". This just was too close to home unfortunately and if you believe reacting sensitively, regarding suicide and/or depression is pathetic, then I'm incredibly sorry but I will never hide my emotion on the matter.

Not sure if we have wires crossed here. To be clear. I meant it is pathetic for someone to dislike another person due to what they post on here.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #32073 on: Monday, February 17, 2020, 11:56:11 »

Whichever one of you cunt pointed me for my post regarding depression and suicide. Fuck you. Not today. I take anything regarding and surrounding that subject very fucking seriously so fuck right off you inconsiderate cunt.

Lost too many people to suicide. So yes, even the smallest thing will make me go off. Be incredibly proud of yourself for pushing my buttons on a very sensitive subject. Prick.

If you show lack of empathy when awareness is heightened around something then it shows what you must be like when it isn't. You probably still have much to learn about yourself.

Don't think you can single out a post can you? I know a lot people on this site and I don't think anyone would be that cunty.

Remember people read posts at different times, so they might've just been doing it for something else. I wouldn't worry about it anyway, doesn't really mean anything.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #32074 on: Monday, February 17, 2020, 12:05:21 »

Bit long winded this so apologies in advance for those who take (waste?) the time to read it.

So, my parent have Dalton (just shy of 18 months) every Wednesday and have been since the Wife’s year of maternity finished in August. On the occasion he hasn’t been able to go to nursery for whatever reason, they have had him. When the Wife And I have conflicting plans, they have him. If we just want a day to ourselves they will have him.

We’ve relied on them a fair bit and they’ve always been there, can’t fault them.

However, they only have him during the day and never over night (in theory fine) as no one else has had him over night either.

My parents however, rely on taking him out for a walk in order to get him to nap, which most of the time is absolutely fine...but...for example they very kindly had him yesterday so the wife and I could have a day to ourselves to celebrate Valentine’s Day, due to the weather they couldn’t take him out for a walk till 3pm. So he napped at 3pm which is waaay too late, made bed time really difficult and his sleep over night bloody poor.

Now he’s a bit older and less reliant on my wife. I can cuddle / rock him off to sleep, nursery can do it on a Monday & Tuesday when he is there. My Mother-in-Law can do it. If she comes round ours in the evening she can / will either help put him to bed or put him to bed.

For purely selfish reasons it would be nice, eventually if we could leave him with my parents or mother in law over night, that’s what we are hoping to work towards.

How can I politely, respectfully but firmly tell my parents they need to start trying to put him down in his travel cot for his naps. They tried once and literally just put him in it - which surprisingly didn’t make him go to sleep.

Naturally I don’t want to look a gift horse in the mouth or piss my parents off but feel it’s something they should be trying to do...wife is nagging me about it too

Advice from anyone who managed to read it all?
« Last Edit: Monday, February 17, 2020, 12:09:30 by DV Canio » Logged
Flashheart

« Reply #32075 on: Monday, February 17, 2020, 12:08:30 »

Having spent a lot of time on the internet, I think it's a good thing that certain people disagree with you. It means you're doing something right.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #32076 on: Monday, February 17, 2020, 12:12:49 »

Bit long winded this so apologies in advance for those who take (waste?) the time to read it.

So, my parent have Dalton (just shy of 18 months) every Wednesday and have been since the Wife’s year of maternity finished in August. On the occasion he hasn’t been able to go to nursery for whatever reason, they have had him. When the Wife And I have conflicting plans, they have him. If we just want a day to ourselves they will have him.

We’ve relied on them a fair bit and they’ve always been there, can’t fault them.

However, they only have him during the day and never over night (in theory fine) as no one else has had him over night either.

My parents however, rely on taking him out for a walk in order to get him to nap, which most of the time is absolutely fine...but...for example they very kindly had him yesterday so the wife and I could have a day to ourselves to celebrate Valentine’s Day, due to the weather they couldn’t take him out for a walk till 3pm. So he napped at 3pm which is waaay too late, made bed time really difficult and his sleep over night bloody poor.

Now he’s a bit older and less reliant on my wife. I can cuddle / rock him off to sleep, nursery can do it on a Monday & Tuesday when he is there. My Mother-in-Law can do it. If she comes round ours in the evening she can / will either help put him to bed or put him to bed.

For purely selfish reasons it would be nice, eventually if we could leave him with my parents or mother in law over night, that’s what we are hoping to work towards.

How can I politely, respectfully but firmly tell my parents they need to start trying to put him down in his travel cot for his naps. They tried once and literally just put him in it - which surprisingly didn’t make him go to sleep.

Naturally I don’t want to loom a gift horse in the mouth or piss my parents off but feel it’s something they should be trying to do...wife is nagging me about it too

We are in the reverse position being the grandparents. As yours do, we have Monty regularly during the day, pick him up from Nursery etc. We’ve had him overnight a few times and we get a ‘to do’ list so his pre bedtime routine is adhered to - from bath time through to putting him to bed.

Try that - give them a to do list.

Ignore
« Reply #32077 on: Monday, February 17, 2020, 12:19:53 »

Having spent a lot of time on the internet, I think it's a good thing that certain people disagree with you. It means you're doing something right.

Agree. Does lead to grudges and pettyness though. Definitely the case on here at times.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #32078 on: Monday, February 17, 2020, 12:24:53 »

Agree. Does lead to grudges and pettyness though. Definitely the case on here at times.

Yeah that I never understand. We've certainly had our disagreements in the past but I've never thought "oh he's a right cunt" or whatever. It happens.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #32079 on: Monday, February 17, 2020, 12:28:43 »

May have mentioned this before, but whoever designed the LINK caskpoint API.

If I select "cash only" give me the cash and move on. I didn't select "cash and balance check" I didn't select "cash and receipt" not "cash, receipt and balance check". So stop sodding asking me. Particularily in the middle of a pissing storm.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #32080 on: Monday, February 17, 2020, 12:32:55 »

Cheesy reminded me of my printer at home. New official cartridges added, I go to print something and my laptop tells me they are non original cartridges. It proceeds to tell me this three or four times whilst I'm trying to print.  Crash

« Last Edit: Monday, February 17, 2020, 12:35:16 by 4D » Logged

Ignore
« Reply #32081 on: Monday, February 17, 2020, 12:34:43 »

Yeah that I never understand. We've certainly had our disagreements in the past but I've never thought "oh he's a right cunt" or whatever. It happens.

Exactly. That's how it should be.
For me, if someone makes a a point which is challenged and can then back it up then fair play. Even if I don't agree with them respect is due.

Ignore
« Reply #32082 on: Monday, February 17, 2020, 14:02:41 »

Naturally I don’t want to look a gift horse in the mouth or piss my parents off but feel it’s something they should be trying to do...wife is nagging me about it too

We didn't make a big deal out of sleep times when our kids were very young(toddlers) and just let them nod off when they got tired. As they got older(pre school/school age) then it became more structured. Never had a problem with either of them. Not sure if that is helpful to you but it worked fine for us.
« Last Edit: Monday, February 17, 2020, 14:04:18 by Arriba » Logged
BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #32083 on: Monday, February 17, 2020, 14:13:27 »

Not sure if we have wires crossed here. To be clear. I meant it is pathetic for someone to dislike another person due to what they post on here.

Apologies, I understood your angle. I was just saying in this day it is very easy for someone to show "hate" or "dislike" to another. Yes it would be very pathetic on their part. I meant it wouldn't be so pathetic from another pov to deduce that someone is behaving like that.

'Incessant Nonsense'

BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #32084 on: Monday, February 17, 2020, 14:21:04 »

Don't think you can single out a post can you? I know a lot people on this site and I don't think anyone would be that cunty.

Remember people read posts at different times, so they might've just been doing it for something else. I wouldn't worry about it anyway, doesn't really mean anything.

Yes you have a valid point and it was one I considered. I just think considering the sensitive element of the content, coupled with the timing that it struck an understandable nerve with myself.

I think at times we can tell when something has been administered and is in relation to a certain post. As stated the "cunting" isn't generally the main issue. It is the correlatio depending on content, time etc. All I can say is, if we transfered that into the real world. "Someone makes a  supportive statement regarding a tragic event, and then someone shouted out 'cunt' " it would be very odd behaviour. Likely it would upset a few people too.

'Incessant Nonsense'

Pages: 1 ... 2136 2137 2138 [2139] 2140 2141 2142 ... 2653   Go Up
Print
Jump to: