Pages: 1 ... 1987 1988 1989 [1990] 1991 1992 1993 ... 2655   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Trivial things you don't understand/mildly annoy you  (Read 5047748 times)
Mother Brown

Ignore
« Reply #29835 on: Sunday, February 3, 2019, 19:00:43 »

That fucking great hill to Devizes out of Wroughton

I’d hazard a guess there is more than one pub with that name
Church hill.  aww yessh.
Sorry, somebody had to say it .
Mother Brown

Ignore
« Reply #29836 on: Sunday, February 3, 2019, 19:05:41 »

That is the closest but to be honest I haven't been in there since the refurb. They do Coors for less than £3.
Never drink in a pub that has a flat roof.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #29837 on: Monday, February 4, 2019, 00:42:29 »

That is the closest but to be honest I haven't been in there since the refurb. They do Coors for less than £3.

Coors for less than £3? Enough reason not to go in there, TBH it’s piss water.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #29838 on: Monday, February 4, 2019, 10:26:15 »

Fucking scaffolders, been waiting for them to take down the scaffolding at our place for a month now and still not shown up despite promising to this morning.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #29839 on: Thursday, February 7, 2019, 16:56:41 »

Was excited to hear a new word today. Solutionising.

Further research showed it to be just another load of business jargon related bollocks.

Disappointing.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #29840 on: Thursday, February 7, 2019, 17:03:19 »

The scaffolding has gone now, so another bug bear....

Is the removal (or at least non replacement) of cats eyes just a Cumbria thing or is it a national decision. Round here they have become almost entirely absent on B roads, extremely scarce on A roads and only really encountered on dual carriageways and motorways, which would suggest possibly its a CCC decision rather than a national thing?

And don't get me started on the B road which has been resurfaced and some clever git decided it did not need the white line down the centre repainting, which just means now that every dick drives down the middle of the road!  
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #29841 on: Thursday, February 7, 2019, 23:59:53 »

They definitely put cats eyes in new road surfaces in certain areas and not in others. Probably a local budget dictates what they can and can't do. What's wrong with full beams until there is an oncoming vehicle anyway?
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #29842 on: Friday, February 8, 2019, 12:30:11 »

Why Spotify has suddenly decided that I'm really into German rap/thrash metal mashups and Irish novelty comedy songs. The Irish comedy songs are just annoying and the German rap/thrash mashups are not what you need when you're out running in the pitch black, howling wind and rain. Bizarre.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #29843 on: Friday, February 8, 2019, 13:27:05 »

Have you checked your play history? If you have a premium account there's a chance you've been hacked. Someone got into my Spotify account recently and was listening to all sorts of weird stuff like rain noises.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #29844 on: Friday, February 8, 2019, 13:57:57 »

Have you checked your play history? If you have a premium account there's a chance you've been hacked. Someone got into my Spotify account recently and was listening to all sorts of weird stuff like rain noises.
Ah, hadn't thought of that. It was hacked a few weeks before Christmas, got the password etc reset and thought no more of it. But the Teutonic rap metal noise and faux Oirish craic have only just started appearing in the past couple of weeks culminating in this morning it dominated my generated playlist to the extent that I stopped to switch to one of my personal ones. Weird.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #29845 on: Friday, February 8, 2019, 14:10:04 »

Why Spotify has suddenly decided that I'm really into German rap/thrash metal mashups and Irish novelty comedy songs. The Irish comedy songs are just annoying and the German rap/thrash mashups are not what you need when you're out running in the pitch black, howling wind and rain. Bizarre.

I suppose its better than the post on another forum I use where a bloke in his 70's started complaining why he kept getting adverts for Russian and Thai brides popping up on all the websites he visited?

P.S - I don't think it was Reg!
Barry Scott

« Reply #29846 on: Friday, February 8, 2019, 14:15:02 »

Saw an article on this somewhere, which I can’t fond anywhere now, and it’s a recent “hack” that allows people to fake listens to their songs from random accounts.

Apparently it doesn’t require access to the account, but it’s like a faked access token thing that makes Spotify think these songs get played by people all over the world and they then get paid.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #29847 on: Friday, February 8, 2019, 14:18:47 »

Saw an article on this somewhere, which I can’t fond anywhere now, and it’s a recent “hack” that allows people to fake listens to their songs from random accounts.

Apparently it doesn’t require access to the account, but it’s like a faked access token thing that makes Spotify think these songs get played by people all over the world and they then get paid.
Ah, that makes more sense. I was started to become worried that I was doing some kind of Spotify sleep-listening and my unconscious Id was trying to tell me I'm actually into really shit music
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #29848 on: Friday, February 8, 2019, 14:19:26 »

mine comes up with crap 80s music.

maybe I need it hacking
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #29849 on: Friday, February 8, 2019, 14:49:46 »

I hacked into it.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Pages: 1 ... 1987 1988 1989 [1990] 1991 1992 1993 ... 2655   Go Up
Print
Jump to: