Pages: 1 ... 2224 2225 2226 [2227] 2228 2229 2230 ... 2660   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Trivial things you don't understand/mildly annoy you  (Read 5199001 times)
Geoff the Ref

Ignore
« Reply #33390 on: Tuesday, September 1, 2020, 16:28:32 »

Apparel printing company. Have seemingly ceased any communication regarding an order, which has 1000 units pending if they can promise me the confidence of their product.

Backstory, they have fucked up the design brief and the test pieces they sent were miles away from any design, alignment etc. This is not me being an awkward customer, Ie not asked for anything difficult to be done. Just want the brief to be as agreed. I have previously been told this will be rectified and resolved asap.

Last correspondence from them was 22nd August (so itś not a BH issue, in terms of response), stating it would be rectified on the Monday (24th). I heard nothing on the Monday so sent an email at the end of play. Heard nothing, received nothing in the post up til Thurs (27th). So sent a slightly firmer chase email, asking them if all was ok production end and for them to respond asap to let me know what was happening. Again, have heard nothing, but left it until today due to the BH.

If they can fulfil the design brief, that's fine but just say so or at least try and source a client that can, or I will myself. I'm fairly reasonable and willing to work with them to resolve whatever the problem is but that has to work both ways.

I'm considering just buying my own small batch production gear and doing it all myself. If there's a gap in the market then I'll jump at it.

You'll never guess where they are based  Roll Eyes

Serves you right for ordering 1000 red shirts with Twine on the back.
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #33391 on: Tuesday, September 1, 2020, 18:10:42 »

Strictly come dancing.

Nothing to see here
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #33392 on: Tuesday, September 1, 2020, 18:13:04 »

Commercial ISP companies and Openreach especially Openreach. Shoddy workmen, who are very health and safety mad, and never pass on information from their previous surveys. They pretty much run the whole market and don’t give a shit.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #33393 on: Tuesday, September 1, 2020, 18:48:27 »

Commercial ISP companies and Openreach especially Openreach. Shoddy workmen, who are very health and safety mad, and never pass on information from their previous surveys. They pretty much run the whole market and don’t give a shit.

Openreach working down the road from my house one morning and after they had gone I noticed I had no internet so I rang BT who sent an engineer out the following day. After I explained there were men working up the road the previous day and my connection was lost no time long after he went over to the manhole cover for the cables and quickly diagnosed the problem. They had simply pulled my connection out of its socket whilst fault finding on someone else's property and didn't put into back. Shoddy workmanship or what!

Clem, hurry up and sell up🤡
Geoff the Ref

Ignore
« Reply #33394 on: Tuesday, September 1, 2020, 19:22:47 »

Openreach working down the road from my house one morning and after they had gone I noticed I had no internet so I rang BT who sent an engineer out the following day. After I explained there were men working up the road the previous day and my connection was lost no time long after he went over to the manhole cover for the cables and quickly diagnosed the problem. They had simply pulled my connection out of its socket whilst fault finding on someone else's property and didn't put into back. Shoddy workmanship or what!
Imagine the chaos if people like that were responsible for running a national comms network!
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #33395 on: Tuesday, September 1, 2020, 19:36:15 »

Imagine the chaos if people like that were responsible for running a national comms network!

Hmmm yes imagine that😍

Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #33396 on: Wednesday, September 2, 2020, 12:27:07 »

The sister in law bought a 2nd hand cooker for cheapish on Facebook, so I went round to wire it in and found this connected to it.

Yes that is sellotape.
Yes that is a 13a plug.
Yes that is indeed 2 holes drilled through the top of the plug with the wires pushed through.
Yes the wire inside was obviously too thick for the 13a fuse connector so the 10 twisted strands of copper wire on the live and the neutral had been cut off so that only 2 were actually inside the connector.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #33397 on: Wednesday, September 2, 2020, 12:29:41 »

The sister in law bought a 2nd hand cooker for cheapish on Facebook, so I went round to wire it in and found this connected to it.

Yes that is sellotape.
Yes that is a 13a plug.
Yes that is indeed 2 holes drilled through the top of the plug with the wires pushed through.
Yes the wire inside was obviously too thick for the 13a fuse connector so the 10 twisted strands of copper wire on the live and the neutral had been cut off so that only 2 were actually inside the connector.

I've never seen a plug wired from the other end before that's shocking and unbelievable and just waiting for a fire to start

Peter Venkman

« Reply #33398 on: Wednesday, September 2, 2020, 12:31:08 »

I've never seen a plug wired from the other end before that's shocking and unbelievable and just waiting for a fire to start
I see what you did there!

Yep that was a first for me in my 54 years!

RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #33399 on: Wednesday, September 2, 2020, 12:32:04 »

It's actually harder to wire it like that than to just buy the right plug.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #33400 on: Wednesday, September 2, 2020, 12:33:20 »

I see what you did there!

Yep that was a first for me in my 54 years!

I'm 56 Pete so even longer! It does make you wonder how thick some people are

BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #33401 on: Wednesday, September 2, 2020, 12:52:31 »

That deserves a Darwin Award. Never seen a plug utilised in that particular way.

I bet you 10p they don't even understand what "Eighty Tighty, Lefty Loosey" means  Cheesy

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Peter Venkman

« Reply #33402 on: Wednesday, September 2, 2020, 12:56:13 »

That deserves a Darwin Award. Never seen a plug utilised in that particular way.

I bet you 10p they don't even understand what "Eighty Tighty, Lefty Loosey" means  Cheesy
Or even Righty tighty Wink

Its a new level of incompetence for sure.

Peter Venkman

« Reply #33403 on: Wednesday, September 2, 2020, 12:58:30 »

A Rob says it took more work to fuck up the plug totally that it was to wire it in correctly into the cooker socket.

Flashheart

« Reply #33404 on: Wednesday, September 2, 2020, 13:00:59 »

I'd love to know which thought processes ended up with that result.
Pages: 1 ... 2224 2225 2226 [2227] 2228 2229 2230 ... 2660   Go Up
Print
Jump to: