Pages: 1 ... 1568 1569 1570 [1571] 1572 1573 1574 ... 2656   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Trivial things you don't understand/mildly annoy you  (Read 5092051 times)
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #23550 on: Tuesday, June 21, 2016, 14:04:28 »

Oh don't get me wrong, I hate littering too. I'd never do it. It just annoys me I HAVE to carry it with me. In a public place like a train station you think there'd be a bin. It's not like I'm in the middle of the woods.

In London and a few other places a lot of bins got removed when the IRA started putting bombs in them...
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #23551 on: Tuesday, June 21, 2016, 14:07:49 »

Lack of bins.

I don't condone littering for a second but you can see why people do it. Such a simple thing.

Bins would only be useful if we paid people to empty them - right now cutting the grass in Swindon is a job too far.
The train station one is common not just in London I think.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #23552 on: Tuesday, June 21, 2016, 15:13:07 »

It more than mildly annoys me that people can't take their own fucking litter home.

Every time I take my kids to the park there are discarded cans, bottles, sweet wrappers, crisp packets, takeaway cartons, etc. etc.

I was actually at the park the other day and a group of young lads (I'd say age 12 or so) were quite happy to finish off their cans of drink and kick them into the grass right in front of me.

It makes my piss boil. Do they think it's all going to magically find its way into a bin?

I hope you gave them what for Samdy!

I completely agree with you though, there is no excuse for chucking litter on the floor.

On a similar topic, when I go to the gym the number of people who just leave their wet and used towels on the bench/floor near where other people are getting ready seems to get worse. And the most annoying thing, there are 3 towel bins RIGHT NEXT TO THE EXIT DOOR. Although working in the Financial Industry, it wouldn't surprise me if they were just too arrogant to have to deal with pesky dirty towels, its almost beneath them to have to deal with such a thing. Fuckwits.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #23553 on: Tuesday, June 21, 2016, 15:48:04 »

On a similar topic, when I go to the gym the number of people who just leave their wet and used towels on the bench/floor near where other people are getting ready seems to get worse. And the most annoying thing, there are 3 towel bins RIGHT NEXT TO THE EXIT DOOR. Although working in the Financial Industry, it wouldn't surprise me if they were just too arrogant to have to deal with pesky dirty towels, its almost beneath them to have to deal with such a thing. Fuckwits.

My gym is terrible for that, and for leaving equipment out. I used to go the 24 hour gym in West Swindon which was not only a fucking brilliant gym, but also if you didn't put stuff away you got a warning followed by a ban. One I'm at now, stuff is left everywhere and people don't give a shit. Does my nut in!
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #23554 on: Tuesday, June 21, 2016, 16:01:33 »

We all had an inkling about Wacko Jacko but this is pretty horrible.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3651294/Michael-Jackson-underage-sex-collection-photos-naked-teenage-boys-male-erotica-depicting-men-children-detailed-newly-released-police-report-2003-search-Neverland-Ranch.html?ito=social-facebook

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #23555 on: Tuesday, June 21, 2016, 17:37:41 »

that Will Grigg song, ffs give it a rest

I come from a land down-under
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #23556 on: Tuesday, June 21, 2016, 21:13:31 »

that Will Grigg song, ffs give it a rest

It's not even original either.

If Don Rogers were alive today, he'd be turning in his grave
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #23557 on: Wednesday, June 22, 2016, 15:45:10 »

We have all this to come again this season at least twice, what a bunch of fuckwits.

In the comments "Rovers supposed to be a famliy club" that does make me laugh, after the shit they gave Town fans last few times we have met, deluded.

http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/schoolboy-bristol-rovers-fan-pictured-carrying-a-knife-in-new-generation-of-football-hooligans/story-29426676-detail/story.html

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #23558 on: Thursday, June 23, 2016, 07:52:42 »

The constant use of the phrase by literally almost everyone "yeah,no" when answering a question.For example "did you watch the game last night?"...."yeah,no i had to go out". TO WHICH PART OF MY QUESTION DOES THE "YEAH" BIT REFER?

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #23559 on: Thursday, June 23, 2016, 09:34:21 »

The constant use of the phrase by literally almost everyone "yeah,no" when answering a question.For example "did you watch the game last night?"...."yeah,no i had to go out". TO WHICH PART OF MY QUESTION DOES THE "YEAH" BIT REFER?

I've never heard one person say that. I'll have to pay more attention.

However I was on the tube yesterday and 2 yanks were having a conversation. The overuse of the word 'like' in the conversation was really getting on my nerves.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
Private Fraser

Ignore
« Reply #23560 on: Thursday, June 23, 2016, 10:33:28 »

However I was on the tube yesterday and 2 yanks were having a conversation. The overuse of the word 'like' in the conversation was really getting on my nerves.

You have reminded me of a train journey back from London a couple of weeks ago.  I was sat across the aisle from a couple of girls who were in their late teens early twenties.  They talked non-stop for the hour or so that the journey took.  One girl, who was Irish, included the word "like" several times in every sentence she spoke.  One memorable effort was along the lines of "Like, I was like saying to him like that I would see him like next weekend like."    Roll Eyes
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #23561 on: Thursday, June 23, 2016, 10:39:42 »

You have reminded me of a train journey back from London a couple of weeks ago.  I was sat across the aisle from a couple of girls who were in their late teens early twenties.  They talked non-stop for the hour or so that the journey took.  One girl, who was Irish, included the word "like" several times in every sentence she spoke.  One memorable effort was along the lines of "Like, I was like saying to him like that I would see him like next weekend like."    Roll Eyes

My wife is Irish and so been over there a fair amount and the Irish tend to use it at the end of a sentence for some reason. But that does sound like overkill! Headphones are a pre-requisite for train travel these days!

adje

Ignore
« Reply #23562 on: Thursday, June 23, 2016, 13:57:28 »

Must be a kent thing then!

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #23563 on: Thursday, June 23, 2016, 14:40:52 »

This kind of story enrages me
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-south-east-wales-36596790
Don Rogers Sock

« Reply #23564 on: Thursday, June 23, 2016, 14:42:32 »