Pages: 1 ... 1528 1529 1530 [1531] 1532 1533 1534 ... 2655   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Trivial things you don't understand/mildly annoy you  (Read 5046967 times)

Ignore
« Reply #22950 on: Friday, April 29, 2016, 19:18:27 »

In the modern football era it's a massive achievement and rightly is being regarded as that.
In these times of huge money dominating the game it's refreshing to see.
A Gent Orange

Ignore
« Reply #22951 on: Friday, April 29, 2016, 19:25:26 »

In the modern football era it's a massive achievement and rightly is being regarded as that.
In these times of huge money dominating the game it's refreshing to see.

Huge money? They are the 24th richest club in the world. http://www2.deloitte.com/uk/en/pages/sports-business-group/articles/deloitte-football-money-league.html#
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #22952 on: Friday, April 29, 2016, 19:29:34 »

I think people forget just how much money even the run of the mill Premier League clubs get.

West Ham are allegedly paying Payet almost £8m a year in his new contract.

Ignore
« Reply #22953 on: Friday, April 29, 2016, 19:40:51 »

In comparison to the big boys who are usually fancied to challenge in the premier league they are small fry.

A team of misfits and bench warmers at other clubs will win the league with Leicester.
« Last Edit: Friday, April 29, 2016, 19:43:31 by Arriba » Logged
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #22954 on: Friday, April 29, 2016, 20:07:10 »

Albrighton 1 - 0 Gerrard
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #22955 on: Friday, April 29, 2016, 20:09:04 »

Let us make it Moonraker relevant...

Nathan Dyer 1-0 Steven Gerrard
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #22956 on: Sunday, May 1, 2016, 00:02:50 »

This guy is right, and probably being lambasted by people who didn't go to football back then. It was fucking carnage on a big game. Even little old Swindon games I got crushed, fell over and trampled, smashed into barriers etc. This is todays world of H&S looking back. It was and always will be terrible, but you cannot apply todays standards to it.

http://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/hillsborough-chief-inspector-claims-inquest-was-wrong-and-fans-werent-completely-innocent/ar-BBssMUU?ocid=spartandhp
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #22957 on: Wednesday, May 4, 2016, 21:22:06 »

It doesn't annoy me but who is 'Amo' that a number of our players are tweeting about?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #22958 on: Wednesday, May 4, 2016, 21:57:01 »

This guy is right, and probably being lambasted by people who didn't go to football back then. It was fucking carnage on a big game. Even little old Swindon games I got crushed, fell over and trampled, smashed into barriers etc. This is todays world of H&S looking back. It was and always will be terrible, but you cannot apply todays standards to it.

http://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/hillsborough-chief-inspector-claims-inquest-was-wrong-and-fans-werent-completely-innocent/ar-BBssMUU?ocid=spartandhp

A friend of mine has been critical of the report, as his parents ran a pub near Hillsborough and there were people leaving the pub on that day at KO. How that changes the verdict was the bit I didn't understand. Whatever they did, the right provisions obviously weren't in place to make sure they were safe. That it could have happened anywhere, at anytime, doesn't make it any more palatable. 

If Don Rogers were alive today, he'd be turning in his grave
Swindon-Town-FC.co.uk

Ignore
« Reply #22959 on: Thursday, May 5, 2016, 01:12:40 »

Watch these videos from the Swindon vs Villa game in 1988 - from the footage, we hear that 800 people arrived with forged tickets but were allowed into the ground (Villa fans will tell you it was many more than that), and the police patting themselves on the back for a job well done.  It's not difficult to see how this could be extrapolated up to a disaster such as Hillsborough.

Panda Paws

« Reply #22960 on: Thursday, May 5, 2016, 08:24:57 »

It doesn't annoy me but who is 'Amo' that a number of our players are tweeting about?

Don't know his full name, and in fact would only know him by recognition, but I think it was a guy who worked around the club helping out, mainly on facilities and things - Hope I'm not talking out of turn, but he was there when I was in the media team (for a very short while), had some sort of mild learning disability or illness - possibly cerebral palsy.

Sad that he's passed, and he was close with a lot of the people working at the club and I'm sure they'll honour him in some way on Sunday. Absolutely loved the club, that's for sure.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #22961 on: Thursday, May 5, 2016, 08:40:32 »

Don't know his full name, and in fact would only know him by recognition, but I think it was a guy who worked around the club helping out, mainly on facilities and things - Hope I'm not talking out of turn, but he was there when I was in the media team (for a very short while), had some sort of mild learning disability or illness - possibly cerebral palsy.

Sad that he's passed, and he was close with a lot of the people working at the club and I'm sure they'll honour him in some way on Sunday. Absolutely loved the club, that's for sure.

Thanks PP.

He certainly seemed very popular based on the players' tweets.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #22962 on: Thursday, May 5, 2016, 09:06:58 »

Are we talking about the young lad who I want to say is called Matt? or have I got the wrong person from your description.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #22963 on: Thursday, May 5, 2016, 09:15:45 »

Are we talking about the young lad who I want to say is called Matt? or have I got the wrong person from your description.
I'm thinking of the same person as well, has been on the maintenance team for years now, back when Ron(?) was looking after everything
Panda Paws

« Reply #22964 on: Thursday, May 5, 2016, 09:16:12 »

Yeah thats the one - like I said, I'm putting 2 and 2 together here so may be coming up with 5...
Pages: 1 ... 1528 1529 1530 [1531] 1532 1533 1534 ... 2655   Go Up
Print
Jump to: