Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 ... 31   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: P/O Semi Final 1st leg Swindon Town V Charlton Athletic Official matchday thread  (Read 43757 times)
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #345 on: Saturday, May 15, 2010, 12:10:19 »

in that case we don't have more than 11,500 fans  Smiley
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #346 on: Saturday, May 15, 2010, 12:22:11 »

fuck knows what was going on with that figure last night, the only empty seats i could see were the block at the bottom right of arkells near away fans and some near the dug out, i have a feeling the empty seats in the away end were because people were standing in the aisles. so where the hell were the missing 1000 seats?Huh?Huh??
Processed Beats

I drop beats from this processed meat.

Ignore
« Reply #347 on: Saturday, May 15, 2010, 12:27:09 »

Except for when we get to Wembley ...
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #348 on: Saturday, May 15, 2010, 12:36:37 »

A few seats on the end of the DRS were blocked off, probably a couple of hundred. Then the ones behind the dug outs and the bottom of the Arkells in the corner.

Probably about right.
westcountry

Ignore
« Reply #349 on: Saturday, May 15, 2010, 12:45:12 »

if we get to Wembley, we will take 30,000+
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #350 on: Saturday, May 15, 2010, 12:49:23 »

There are plenty who couldn't make it last night for different reasons. Was gutted I had to watch it on TV, but I'd rather see us win on TV than be at the ground and lose Smiley
Spencer_White

« Reply #351 on: Saturday, May 15, 2010, 12:49:34 »

The capacity at the county ground has been reduced year on year from all the segregation levels they keep putting in. Stupid thing is if we could sell our ground out then they would put them all back in again and have a segregation of 1 seat like they do at Old Trafford (its all about ££££).

Plus there were a lot of empty seats in the Arkells, the restricted view ones behind the posts.

We should have given Charlton a full allocation. We need to sell out the big games to create that buzz about the club. Lock a few people out and our support will improve.

Posh, I was taking the piss about the big club thing. I think last night should be a major wake up call for the board regarding the ground development. 14,000 is the right size for our ground.  
sn5_red

« Reply #352 on: Saturday, May 15, 2010, 12:59:19 »

if we get to Wembley, we will take 30,000+

Bandwagon

sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #353 on: Saturday, May 15, 2010, 13:07:26 »

i've been to one home game this season and watched the game from home last night but if we go to wembley i'll be jumping on that bandwagon for sure.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #354 on: Saturday, May 15, 2010, 13:09:47 »

Quote from one of the Charlton forums:

Swindon played some good football and eventually the goals came for them but the turning point was Deon's excellently well taken goal ... suddenly Swindon stopped playing footbll and started to hoof the ball everywhere. This is obviously the other side of Swindon and the reason whey they only finished 5th ... good team but when the pressure gets to them they play a completely different, more ineffective, style of football. We were very unlucky with Nicky's attempt and the game could have been so different if that had gone in. Swindon did finally revert to a good playing style and were unlucky not to score near the end ... I couldn't see the incident properly but my wife tells me it went off the post.

The big plus for me is that listening to the Swindon fans outside the ground after the game, they feel that they have done it ... very confident and sure they will get to Wembley. Good, let them feel that way and hopefully the complacency will spread through the club. Danny Wilson has played the 'underdog' game very well and kept their feet on the ground ... maybe this will undo them.

Agree completely with the first paragraph, but the second - I don't think any of us are particularly complacent?  How can you be when you support Swindon Town?!

I agree with what you said. One paragraph is very spot on and the second one is utter bollocks.

If anyone thinks a 1 goal lead with 90 minutes left to play is enough, they are a deluded idiot.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #355 on: Saturday, May 15, 2010, 13:31:17 »

Got home pissed up at 1-30am.  Top night.

Would of taken 2-1 but poor old Pericard could of made it a better for us.

Is that three times he has hit a post now?

Clems Army!
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #356 on: Saturday, May 15, 2010, 13:34:49 »

i've been to one home game this season and watched the game from home last night but if we go to wembley i'll be jumping on that bandwagon for sure.

If we didn't sell out our allocation people would be moaning. We can't have it both ways as fans, we're not a big club with a big fanbase.
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #357 on: Saturday, May 15, 2010, 14:08:50 »

I think Wilson will throw Darby back in on Monday and maybe start Pericard (if Paynter is out) and put Ward left wing.

That video is superb, have to laugh at the Charlton fans blaming their lack of noise on no roof, it doesn't help but Leeds last season were absolutely brilliant in that stand and had no trouble creating superb noise.

Stef Troll

Ignore
« Reply #358 on: Saturday, May 15, 2010, 14:21:05 »

Overall i came away from the game a tad disapointed.

Didnt think we played our passing game and too many times the ball was hoofed up field aimlessly.

Charlton were crap and only had a good spell after they scored their goal.

Happy we won, but gutted it wasnt by a bigger margin.

I thought we missed Billy last night as Austin found it hard to keep the ball up on his own.  However i thought Austin played very well and took his goal well

I reckon O Brien will be a class player next season if he doesnt get injured.  Hes really quick and got a good cross on him.  His first touch was lacking yesterday, but that may be due to lack of match practice.

I think we should adopt a similar formation on Monday as the emphasis will be on Charlton to score.  Ward and O Brien will have the pace to set up some good counter attacks.  To me we looked most dangerous when they had corners.  We'd quicly win the ball and then quickly counter (like when Ward scored)

I think we will score on Monday, so lets not concede 2 !
Processed Beats

I drop beats from this processed meat.

Ignore
« Reply #359 on: Saturday, May 15, 2010, 14:25:33 »

I think if there is to be any goals on monday, its absolutely vital now that we get the first one.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 ... 31   Go Up
Print
Jump to: