Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 ... 31   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: P/O Semi Final 1st leg Swindon Town V Charlton Athletic Official matchday thread  (Read 43755 times)
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #375 on: Saturday, May 15, 2010, 16:02:22 »

leeds was bigger

I think Dave could be right.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #376 on: Saturday, May 15, 2010, 16:12:13 »

Leeds Game: Overall of 14508 - 3300 leeds fans = 11200

Last Night: Overall of 13560(allegedly) - 2200 charlton fans = 11360

Things get better but they never get good
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #377 on: Saturday, May 15, 2010, 16:14:07 »

My missus came home from work Thursday and asked if I knew anyone who had spare tickets for some bloke she works with. I assumed she meant for the away leg, but turned out this guy was asking about the home leg. I just stood there open-mouthed and said "Has he tried ringing the ticket line or going to the club?". Apparently not, he'd assumed they'd sold out. So I sent her back to work Friday to tell him there were still tickets left, all he had to do was pop down to the CG or ring the ticket line. To which he apparently replied that he'd left it too late now and they'd all have gone, shame as he really wanted to go! Didn't even bother ringing up. Some people really are incredibly stupid. But I do wonder how much the early week massive queues etc made some of the fairweathers (sorry "Massive Fans") assume they wouldn't be able to get a ticket and so not bother trying like this plank.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #378 on: Saturday, May 15, 2010, 16:14:24 »

oh, i thought you meant the total attendance.

in that case you are certainly correct although i wasn't moaning
Barry Scott

« Reply #379 on: Saturday, May 15, 2010, 16:22:03 »

It will be all happy clappy bollocks anyway, not a proper atmosphere like Millwall was. It's funny reading their forums, they seem to think The Valley is an intimidatating place and we should be scared of the support they will be giving their team on monday night.

Shocked

Haha, I think i've seen more passionate and intimidating fans of Franchise...
adje

Ignore
« Reply #380 on: Saturday, May 15, 2010, 16:27:31 »

My take-Austin's best all round game in a Town shirt that I've seen,yeah missed a couple of chances but in Paynter's absence took on the responsibility of main striker and beat it hands down-the moment he brought down that cross and turned it into Ward's path was pure class-I bet the Sky pundits were creaming theirselves.Ward was brilliant and let's hear it for our latest "scapegoat" Sheehan who was for me a close runner up to Charley Charles for MOTM,defended brilliantly,a superb through ball for Wardy in the first half and of course a quality delivery for Austin's goal.We must sign permanently this class act forthwith.Charlton hammered us for about 20 minutes non-stop but Cuthbert and Greer were at their solid best.Ferry has outshone Douggie in our last few games and was again the pick of our midfielders.I really hope DW starts with the same X1 on monday,we dont need to go there and fear Charlton,lets get at 'em again,then maybe bring Darby and Timmy on for the last 20 if we're in front still.Share the optimism about Pericard who looked to be "tugged" just before the post-hitting header.Really not looking forward to monday-its horribly poised.Would have settled for any lead originally but the fact that the concession was such a shit goal has me worried.
« Last Edit: Saturday, May 15, 2010, 16:43:11 by adje » Logged

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
STFC Bart

Ignore
« Reply #381 on: Saturday, May 15, 2010, 16:30:00 »

Anyway Spencer this argument that we only need a 14,000 stadium is floored.

Generally attendances go uo in a new stadium- like Reading. Doesn't always happen but i think it would in our case.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #382 on: Saturday, May 15, 2010, 16:34:40 »

Back up the ferry comments. I've just watched the video of our second goal for the 800th time, and he not only runs the full length of the field it's also him that makes the crucial block after the original corner.

<3 him

Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #383 on: Saturday, May 15, 2010, 16:37:46 »

Also, suprised how the fella making this video managed to get out alive. Sure he wasn't too popular

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #384 on: Saturday, May 15, 2010, 16:42:20 »

We should have given Charlton a full allocation. We need to sell out the big games to create that buzz about the club. Lock a few people out and our support will improve.

Don't agree with that at all.

a) it wasn't unreasonable to think we'd sell out our full home allocation.
b) We don't want them to have any advantage whatsoever.
c) Looked like only the restricted view seats were available anyway.

Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #385 on: Saturday, May 15, 2010, 16:46:27 »

What's with all these videos from the Stratton Bank? Why would you put them up on youtube?
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #386 on: Saturday, May 15, 2010, 16:48:30 »

Got bored with the FA Cup Final after Chelsea scored and it was obvious they'd go on to win and watched the highlights from last night's game.  They were on at 3am on Sky Sports, which I happened to see when I flicked threw the channels in my drunken state at around 1am, so set the sky plus.  Having watched it again,  the atmospher came across as being brilliant and Swindon really did play well and Charlton weren't very good.  Makes me feel even more distressed now that we are only taking a 1 goal advantage with us.  By half time, we really should have been at least 2-0 up and the first 'real' chance that Charlton had was when they hit the post in the 48th minute.  The pure joy on Charlie's face when he scored was superb and Wardy's goal - I can't remember ever seeing Swindon break like that from a defensive situation and actually score?  The Charlton goal was a complete cock up defensively and if that hadn't happened, I can't see they would have scored.  They had 12 corners ffs, all of which were identically taken.  I think the majority of us felt generally sorry for Pericard, but the commentators saw it from the angle that he should have been scoring from the position that he was in?  I just hope that miss doesn't come back to haunt us?  However, I believe if we score at the Valley, we'll go through.  So all we need is an early goal to settle our nerves!  
The cameras also panned to Billy sitting in the stand wearing a Swindon coat with his little boy on his lap celebrating after Charlie's goal.  If he'd signed for Leeds, can't see he'd stil be wearing Swindon attire?
Bring on Monday.  Glad I'm going to be there now and not watching it on tv, just wouldn't seem right!  
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #387 on: Saturday, May 15, 2010, 16:54:01 »

Leeds Game: Overall of 14508 - 3300 leeds fans = 11200

Last Night: Overall of 13560(allegedly) - 2200 charlton fans = 11360

You are wrong because last nights attendance was 14560

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #388 on: Saturday, May 15, 2010, 16:55:02 »

You are wrong because last nights attendance was 14560

Correct....a sell out.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #389 on: Saturday, May 15, 2010, 16:56:34 »

no, the attendance was 13,560.

http://www.swindontownfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10341~2052336,00.html
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_div_2/8673059.stm
http://www.swindon-town-fc.co.uk/MatchReport.asp?MatchID=20100401