Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: P/O Semi Final 1st leg Swindon Town V Charlton Athletic Official matchday thread  (Read 43297 times)
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #405 on: Saturday, May 15, 2010, 17:32:09 »

Just saw this comment on 606 from a "Swindon Fan" and it annoyed me... Swindon Fan my arse...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/A68314755

That's probably the bloke who was sat behind me who spent the whole of the first half loudly pronouncing how "Charlton are bossing it"  Roll Eyes
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #406 on: Saturday, May 15, 2010, 17:37:24 »

No, you don't.

Should have been phrased - we sit literally in line with the halfway line, but you knew what I meant!
One F In Fitton

« Reply #407 on: Saturday, May 15, 2010, 18:29:13 »

I know they're prone to pulling figures out of their arses sometimes, but I was quite emphatically informed by a fella in the ticket office (at about 6:30) that there were "less than 100" available in the Arkells - and that was it. Add those to the segregation at the Bank end of the Arkells & DR, & the blocks by the dugouts that's probably not far off. It was definitely announced as 13560 over the tannoy, I heard it clearly. Seems about right to me.
The_Plagiarist

« Reply #408 on: Saturday, May 15, 2010, 18:36:58 »

thought 13560 was about right, I actually guessed 12800 in our attendance accy, but thats partly a hangover from the good old days when a near sellout was announced over the tannoy as "eight thousand, six hundred and four!" greeted with hystecal laughter from the regulars

from where I was there were two clear areas of seats empty behind the post in the arkells (the sightlines to each goal, obviously) and that block in the arkells and the stratton plus a few kicking around in the town end and don r makes a thousand.

no complaints, great atmosphere but was surprised we didn't sell it out.

Assume we've sold out on monday? anyone?
One F In Fitton

« Reply #409 on: Saturday, May 15, 2010, 18:58:41 »

Assume we've sold out on monday? anyone?

I would hope that most, if not all, of the 400 that were left were sold today. Failing that people have until 5pm Monday (which would be leaving it a tad late!).
STFC Bart

Ignore
« Reply #410 on: Saturday, May 15, 2010, 19:02:21 »

Spencer Reading did not have average attendances of 11000/12000 at Elm park- more like 4-5000
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #411 on: Saturday, May 15, 2010, 19:03:44 »

I went down to the CG at 8.30 am today ready for the ticket office opening at 9am to get tickets for Monday expecting there to be a queue, but there was only one other person waiting.  They opened at 9 on the dot and we got our tickets and there was no sign of anyone else?  The chap told me that there were around 390 tickets left, but they were only open until midday today.  The ticket office isn't open tomorrow and then opens again from 8.30am until 5pm on Monday.  Would be surprised if anyone left it until then though, because most people would have had to arrange in advance to finish work early etc.  Can't see the point in them being open until 5pm on Monday either, you'd struggle to make the match if you bought a ticket that late?!  Not sure if the phone lines were open longer today or are open tomorrow. Seems like we won't sell out?
stfcinbmth

« Reply #412 on: Saturday, May 15, 2010, 19:08:32 »

My take on the game if it really matters, which it don't

Great atmosphere, great game, great crowd. Brought my nephew up for his first game since he was about seven, he's now 20 ish, thinks it's a lot smaller than he remembered.

Loved the happy clappy things, thought they were a great idea. Just wish the printing company that I work for had printed them, but then the reps never go out of their comfortable office so no chance of that

Shame I missed the barbie in the CGH, was starving by the time we got there, lorry fire just after Downton so had to take a massive detour and arrived late yet again

Went to get our seats and passed the betting office and said to my compatriots "I wouldn't trust that bloke behind the counter as far as I could throw him" looked a right slimy git. Said this while I thinking "Shall I put a fiver on Charlie to score the first" then thought I don't have time. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Thought we shaded the first half, Charlie had a few good chances, took me ages to realise Billy wasn't playing doh. That Sam bloke was doing a few tricks etc without actually creating much, but I did think he was quite useful and tbh was a bit worried about him

Second half was woken up when they hit the woodwork, how it never went in, well
All hell broke lose when Charlie got the first and to be honest it was deserved, he had been working hard and it was just reward. Maybe his second or third headed goal?
The second was a classic, breakaway by Ferry(can we sign him?) pass to Danny(can we sign him as well please? If only I'd won that 86million last night) and it's in the back of the net. Superb

I won't mention the absolute dominance that they had when we couldn't get it out of our half. I had to shut my eyes

Their goal, was pretty sure that if Lucas wasn't that bored and half asleep he could have cleared that
Felt sorry for Pericard when he hit the post, the poor bloke was absolutely gutted

Great burger on the way out, just wish I'd had the half pounder

stfcinbmth

« Reply #413 on: Saturday, May 15, 2010, 19:11:33 »

I went down to the CG at 8.30 am today ready for the ticket office opening at 9am to get tickets for Monday expecting there to be a queue, but there was only one other person waiting.  They opened at 9 on the dot and we got our tickets and there was no sign of anyone else?  The chap told me that there were around 390 tickets left, but they were only open until midday today.  The ticket office isn't open tomorrow and then opens again from 8.30am until 5pm on Monday.  Would be surprised if anyone left it until then though, because most people would have had to arrange in advance to finish work early etc.  Can't see the point in them being open until 5pm on Monday either, you'd struggle to make the match if you bought a ticket that late?!  Not sure if the phone lines were open longer today or are open tomorrow. Seems like we won't sell out?

If I could afford it, I'd be seriously tempted to get on the phone Monday
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #414 on: Saturday, May 15, 2010, 19:17:10 »

Should have been phrased - we sit literally in line with the halfway line, but you knew what I meant!
That's the problem with saying "literally", people will tend to take you, well, literally.
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #415 on: Saturday, May 15, 2010, 19:19:49 »

That's the problem with saying "literally", people will tend to take you, well, literally.

No they won't.  That is literally the stupidest thing you've ever posted.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #416 on: Saturday, May 15, 2010, 19:26:27 »

No they won't.  That is literally the stupidest thing you've ever posted.
Christ the competition in that category would be fierce and extensive. Literally.
Spencer_White

« Reply #417 on: Saturday, May 15, 2010, 19:38:45 »

Spencer Reading did not have average attendances of 11000/12000 at Elm park- more like 4-5000

OK, not 11,000. But they averaged 8200, then 9300 in the last 2 seasons at Elm Park.
Melksham Red

« Reply #418 on: Saturday, May 15, 2010, 19:40:45 »

Good result despite the fact it should be out of sight by now. We're still going to do it i'm sure.
Shit support from both clubs. Surely we can do better than that? Fucking happy clapper banners, wtf?! And neither club selling out, what the fuck is that all about?! Our support really is crap.

Goodnight.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #419 on: Saturday, May 15, 2010, 19:44:09 »

Good result despite the fact it should be out of sight by now. We're still going to do it i'm sure.
Shit support from both clubs. Surely we can do better than that? Fucking happy clapper banners, wtf?! And neither club selling out, what the fuck is that all about?! Our support really is crap.

Goodnight.

Take a look at Huddersfield and Millwall today though. Poor support both home and away for such a big game. Huddersfield had those crappy WC horn things as well. The Town End was good last night. None of the clap banger things in there.
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31   Go Up
Print
Jump to: