Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 [29] 30 31   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: P/O Semi Final 1st leg Swindon Town V Charlton Athletic Official matchday thread  (Read 43343 times)
stfcinbmth

« Reply #420 on: Saturday, May 15, 2010, 20:00:51 »

Take a look at Huddersfield and Millwall today though. Poor support both home and away for such a big game. Huddersfield had those crappy WC horn things as well. The Town End was good last night. None of the clap banger things in there.

Something to do with the current economic climate perhaps. I would like to go to more Town games but due to circumstances have to go to Poole instead
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #421 on: Saturday, May 15, 2010, 20:04:08 »

Something to do with the current economic climate perhaps. I would like to go to more Town games but due to circumstances have to go to Poole instead

Oh I understand that. But can they really justify getting 2,000 less for a play-off game than they did in the same game in the league? Really poor showing from Huddersfield fans.
stfcinbmth

« Reply #422 on: Saturday, May 15, 2010, 20:24:56 »

Oh I understand that. But can they really justify getting 2,000 less for a play-off game than they did in the same game in the league? Really poor showing from Huddersfield fans.

Iffy, I don't know m8, I know from my personal experience, I would really love to go to Charlton away, so I would have to pay for ticket, pay for train fare from Bournemouth, pay for grub and beer etc, then if we win or draw then I absolutely have to go to Wembley and I just can't do em both. I guarantee that the economic climate is worse up there than it is down our way. I guess it's perhaps that folk have choices to make perhaps, lets not knock em for that
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #423 on: Saturday, May 15, 2010, 20:28:14 »

likewise, except without the poole bit. the ticket prices at swindon are pretty reasonable and the season ticket initiatives have been great but i can't afford it.

regarding their goal, looked like a bit of a freak one to me. lucas couldn't do much else, burton never took his eye off the ball and got a good touch on it.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #424 on: Saturday, May 15, 2010, 21:38:12 »

Can I see the highlights anywhere?

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Processed Beats

I drop beats from this processed meat.

Ignore
« Reply #425 on: Saturday, May 15, 2010, 21:41:09 »

Can I see the highlights anywhere?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_div_2/8684811.stm
adje

Ignore
« Reply #426 on: Saturday, May 15, 2010, 21:42:58 »

thanks mate

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
NW6Red

Ignore
« Reply #427 on: Saturday, May 15, 2010, 21:58:13 »

4-1 wouldn't have flattered us, would it?

The chest down and lay back for Ward from Charlie in the second half was pure class. Add another half a million to the price tag please, Mr Fitton.
RedOx

Ignore
« Reply #428 on: Sunday, May 16, 2010, 01:41:51 »

Speaking to some chartlon at the station and they feel it is all still to play for( obvious I know) but they didn't sound confident.

Aren't the playoffs great?  Sad
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #429 on: Sunday, May 16, 2010, 05:00:14 »

Let's hope they're still great Tuesday.....

It's All Good..............
kaufman

« Reply #430 on: Sunday, May 16, 2010, 07:58:01 »

Itching to hear Martin Tyler's commentary on the match rather than the generic bbc commentary
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #431 on: Sunday, May 16, 2010, 08:22:44 »

I do like borrowdale's spin round to spot the ball after Austin puts the ball in the net!

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #432 on: Sunday, May 16, 2010, 08:43:14 »

Itching to hear Martin Tyler's commentary on the match rather than the generic bbc commentary

It was pretty good I have to say. The man is a pro. He had clearly done his research and by the sound of it was at the Millwall v Swindon game the previous week (I know that's his job but still..) I think that above all, for some one who commentates on the Prem week in week out, he was not in the slightest bit patronising. When summing up at the end of the game he said something like "that was a game full of passion and no small amount of skill" (not exactly those words but you get the drift) I thought that was fair enough really.

I think he's a fan of the game as a whole rather than just the Premier League which, thinking about it, is a problem a lot of people have these days, not just commentators. I read somewhere that he's something to do with Corinthian Casuals? Anyway, I was impressed.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #433 on: Sunday, May 16, 2010, 08:44:57 »

Oh, there two against one here. Ferry on the ball, he's got Ward with him. Timing on the pass is crucial. Touch and shoot..

Yes. You Bet. 2-0 Swindon

http://link.brightcove.com/services/player/bcpid29318049001?bctid=85720390001

Things get better but they never get good
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #434 on: Sunday, May 16, 2010, 08:50:58 »

Ooooh, that was great. I enjoyed watching that again. I really think we look the best side out of the four based on the first leg performances (Charlton second).

Thas has to be Charlie's best performance to date I would have thought?
« Last Edit: Sunday, May 16, 2010, 09:02:14 by OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 [29] 30 31   Go Up
Print
Jump to: