Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 ... 31   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: P/O Semi Final 1st leg Swindon Town V Charlton Athletic Official matchday thread  (Read 43744 times)
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #330 on: Saturday, May 15, 2010, 10:37:58 »

I am hanging....brilliant night and some quality football.
A family friend who is a Swansea season ticket holder was in the townend with me...he was gobsmacked at the noise level,shame about the Lucas blunder because his all round game was brilliant.
Great match..Wembley is looming.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #331 on: Saturday, May 15, 2010, 10:42:44 »

Couldn't really hear the clacking things in the Town end. Good fucking job too

Superb!

I'm now going to open that video up on full screen, get on with some revision, then come back and hit "replay" every time I get a bit bored Cheesy
westcountry

Ignore
« Reply #332 on: Saturday, May 15, 2010, 10:43:00 »

last night was just amazing, the atmosphere was just great something we need. Can't wait till monday now, although that 1 goal they scored got me thinking are we actually going to do it.
westcountry

Ignore
« Reply #333 on: Saturday, May 15, 2010, 10:45:11 »

the sound of the roar after the goal is just amazing!
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #334 on: Saturday, May 15, 2010, 10:45:35 »

Superb!

I'm now going to open that video up on full screen, get on with some revision, then come back and hit "replay" every time I get a bit bored Cheesy

I've already watched it about ten times.
Langers

Ignore
« Reply #335 on: Saturday, May 15, 2010, 10:45:59 »

What a fantastic night that was! We played really well. Ward was fantastic, easily MOM. Austin worked really hard all game.

Great that we are going to be taking a lead into Monday's game (which i dont know how i will get through).

Atmosphere was pretty good, charlton fans were very quiet. Ruined slightly by the twats behind me who agreed between them that 'Amankwah is the worst attacking RB in football, he has hardly got forward all season' and then they agreed 'Watching football is shit, i miss my sofa' Oh do fuck off.
The_Plagiarist

« Reply #336 on: Saturday, May 15, 2010, 11:13:32 »

we're beyond player analysis and match breakdown now fellas, we're in the realm of the playoffs, this is where the fans make the difference, this is where the noise can win and lose the games

last night was fantastic, the atmosphere from where I was in the town end was electric felt proud so proud for my club. great to have all three sides full of town fans making an effort for the boys

of course we weren't going to take a two-three goal lead to their place, if we're going to do this, we're going to do it the swindon way. slender lead, no away goals at play, this is well and truly POISED.

I'm a bag of nerves and I fucking love it. THIS is why we support Swindon Town, fuck the rest of it.

I fancy us to rock that funny little family club to its core on monday night, that away stand is like a subwoofer they're going to get a shock I reckon if they think they've got home crowd advantage, never been impressed with their fans. Playoffs is ALL about the atmosphere and we carry that momentum through to monday night its gonna be a cauldron down there

I'm shitting myself, going to get a half day and drive up to london, park up west at my mates and head on over to the main event. See you all there!

scott

Ignore
« Reply #337 on: Saturday, May 15, 2010, 11:23:36 »

some great threads on here today - glad im not the only one feeling nervous/excited -been a few years since i felt like this - got a positive feeling about it all tho although feel like crap at mo -hanging out my arse ! left the cg hotel at 12:30 totally smashed - what a great night !  Beers
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #338 on: Saturday, May 15, 2010, 11:36:09 »

Please can we have that atmosphere at all future home games  Smiley

Strange to see a group of Charlton fans enjoying some cans on a petrol station forecourt  Huh?
westcountry

Ignore
« Reply #339 on: Saturday, May 15, 2010, 11:48:56 »

Although we played amazing last night, im still really nervous for monday, i think if charlton score the first they will go on to beat us, unless they get 2 red cards..

im hoping the atmosphere is going to be good as last night too. come on you reds!
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #340 on: Saturday, May 15, 2010, 11:52:31 »

Quote from one of the Charlton forums:

Swindon played some good football and eventually the goals came for them but the turning point was Deon's excellently well taken goal ... suddenly Swindon stopped playing footbll and started to hoof the ball everywhere. This is obviously the other side of Swindon and the reason whey they only finished 5th ... good team but when the pressure gets to them they play a completely different, more ineffective, style of football. We were very unlucky with Nicky's attempt and the game could have been so different if that had gone in. Swindon did finally revert to a good playing style and were unlucky not to score near the end ... I couldn't see the incident properly but my wife tells me it went off the post.

The big plus for me is that listening to the Swindon fans outside the ground after the game, they feel that they have done it ... very confident and sure they will get to Wembley. Good, let them feel that way and hopefully the complacency will spread through the club. Danny Wilson has played the 'underdog' game very well and kept their feet on the ground ... maybe this will undo them.

Agree completely with the first paragraph, but the second - I don't think any of us are particularly complacent?  How can you be when you support Swindon Town?!
Oaksey Moonraker

Ignore
« Reply #341 on: Saturday, May 15, 2010, 11:58:09 »

The scenario after last night reminds me of the 1989 play offs against Crystal Palace where we dominated the home leg and took a 1-0 lead to Selhurst when we should have been a couple of goals clear and got turned over 2-0 in the return game. We have the same lead and a trip to South London but at least Charlton don't have Bright & Wright up front. Got a feeling we will be facing extra time and pens again.
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #342 on: Saturday, May 15, 2010, 12:00:15 »

Although we played amazing last night, im still really nervous for monday, i think if charlton score the first they will go on to beat us, unless they get 2 red cards..

im hoping the atmosphere is going to be good as last night too. come on you reds!

Can tell you're a fuckin town fan.

We're going to lose. Anyone want my ticket?

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #343 on: Saturday, May 15, 2010, 12:03:49 »

really surprised at the attendance, looked absolutely full on the TV.

however, we had 14,508 for the leeds game with 3,300 from leeds. last night there were 2,024 charlton fans....

so more or less the same number of home fans. did the leeds fans have the corner of the arkells though?
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #344 on: Saturday, May 15, 2010, 12:09:21 »

Yeah they did.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 ... 31   Go Up
Print
Jump to: