Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 ... 17   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New mobile phone  (Read 54394 times)
nevillew
Tripping the light puntastic

Ignore
« Reply #120 on: Tuesday, April 27, 2010, 14:53:08 »

Ha, ha, I wondered what had happened to Gerald. Still on it then, I see

Or indeed, Stilton it.

Paolo Di Canio, it's Paolo Di Canio
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #121 on: Tuesday, April 27, 2010, 15:00:29 »

Ha, ha, I wondered what had happened to Gerald. Still on it then, I see

Thought that is who it was - classic Gerald but you'd think he be used to it though being an ex copper
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #122 on: Tuesday, April 27, 2010, 15:02:09 »

Is he a bit Forrest?
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #123 on: Tuesday, April 27, 2010, 15:05:45 »

Is he a bit Forrest?

a bit??

The blokes a full on cunt. 

tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #124 on: Tuesday, April 27, 2010, 15:08:40 »

http://thetownend.com/index.php/topic,24701.0.html

hes gerald phillips on this thread

what a fucking mong
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #125 on: Tuesday, April 27, 2010, 15:24:16 »

Is he a bit Forrest?

No, he is a lot Joey Deacon.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #126 on: Tuesday, April 27, 2010, 18:28:13 »

Did Si steal the phone? or throw a seat at small children??

I bet he did both the little oaf!

I was busy purchasing the phone whilst all the hoolies were making their way to Wycombe. Bet the chump didn't even check lost property, just assumed the worst.

Although this did remind me of the time my Grandad thought he'd left his phone in a shop and it had been nicked. Rang it up and left a load of abusive answerphone messages. Then a couple of days later something starts rattling inside the car. Turns out the phone was under the seat and the muppet had to listen to all his abusive messages to delete them off the phone Smiley
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #127 on: Tuesday, April 27, 2010, 19:10:47 »

To be honest, the twat that threw the seat would be minus a few teeth if I'd have seen him. What with it hitting my 5 year old son and all.

That said, first time anything like that has happened to anyone I know. Well, there was the Rovers fans that once but I was safely in the Town End. But anyway the point is to tar all Swindon fans with the same brush is ludicrous.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, April 27, 2010, 19:13:02 by Batch » Logged
Barry Scott

« Reply #128 on: Tuesday, April 27, 2010, 20:55:08 »

To be honest, the twat that threw the seat would be minus a few teeth if I'd have seen him. What with it hitting my 5 year old son and all.

That said, first time anything like that has happened to anyone I know. Well, there was the Rovers fans that once but I was safely in the Town End. But anyway the point is to tar all Swindon fans with the same brush is ludicrous.

Yeah, forgot all about that and am surprised that's the first time i've seen it mentioned. Saw us score and saw a seat back or base, fly up, hit the roof and they come flying back down.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #129 on: Tuesday, April 27, 2010, 21:23:40 »

Yeah, forgot all about that and am surprised that's the first time i've seen it mentioned. Saw us score and saw a seat back or base, fly up, hit the roof and they come flying back down.

Well that's slightly better than lobbing it into our own fans I suppose.
axs
naaarrrrrppppp

Ignore
« Reply #130 on: Tuesday, April 27, 2010, 21:49:06 »

I assumed that was the same one, I saw that, but didn't realise it was a seat until a bloke came charging up the aisle with it looking for the people who threw it.
Barry Scott

« Reply #131 on: Tuesday, April 27, 2010, 23:18:30 »

Well that's slightly better than lobbing it into our own fans I suppose.

We must have our wires crossed, because that's what i saw. One of our own fans at Wycombe throw the seat into the air, which is what i presume hit your son? 
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #132 on: Wednesday, May 5, 2010, 00:35:05 »

Got an HTC Desire today, cheers for the advice all.
*BUMP* Looking at one of these myself now. So after a week or so, how are you finding it for daily usage Si? Esp interested as you've done a similar migration to that which I'd be doing (C902->HTC Desire in my case). Should I leave my SE comfort zone or wait a while, see what else comes out?
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #133 on: Wednesday, May 5, 2010, 13:36:57 »

The phone is amazing compared to my old one and it's faster, despite it doing more. It will take time to set it all up, but once you have it's worth it. I'm sure any smartphone is the same. It's certainly no grind to get the best out of the phone, all I'm talking about is setting up online accounts (google/facebook) and email accounts.

Things I love:

Looks really smart, not too flashy either.
HTC sense (the skin for the Android system) looks great. You can set up 7 'home screens' (desktop type things) with widgets and shortcuts and it's easy to switch between them. Everything is as user friendly as you'd want/expect.
Android is great for customising - for instance I've added speech to text on mine (and a modified keyboard) just by installing a couple of application files. The original keyboard is still available to use as well, so it has not required any risky process which would lose factory defaults for good, or a risk of turning the phone into a brick. That's not to say you would need to tinker/install many things to get what you want from the phone, generally everything is ready to go.
The screen looks incredible when not in direct sunlight.
It's really quick.
You can find many free apps, most of them better than the paid ones.
Ability to sync everything online to google - this means you have an online backup of your contacts/calendar etc. without needing to ever plug your phone into your pc. You will need a google mail account for this and make sure you save contacts as the 'google' type in the phone. It can also sync to Outlook or equivalent but Google offers an integrated solution so again, keeping you from connecting the phone to the pc.
Synced facebook friends to my contacts.
Touch screen is really smooth and responsive.
The browser is really good.
Some flash video support.
Internet sharing which works first time over VPN - essential for when I'm out of the office but my Sony only worked when it wanted to in this regard.

Things I don't:

Currently can't save apps on the micro SD card without flashing your phone with a generic ROM and rooting it. There is an extremely strong indication this will be sorted in the next update, due announcement in the next few weeks.
Screen is hard to see in direct sunlight.
No bluetooth voice dialing - not a problem for me - when I'm driving I take calls but don't dial out. It works fine with a bluetooth hands free, you just can't voice dial from hands free. Indications this could be fixed soon but in the meantime the voice search button on the phone itself will do voice dialing.
Being a smartphone, battery life isn't so good. It takes a few charge cycles to get the battery working correctly and it appears to be improving. Wi-Fi browsing is the main battery killer - but if you're at home you're going to browse on the pc and not on the phone.
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #134 on: Wednesday, May 5, 2010, 13:43:51 »

Does it make calls and can you text with it?

Fucking expensive toy really, isn't it?

It's All Good..............
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 ... 17   Go Up
Print
Jump to: