Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 ... 27   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Leeds Mascot  (Read 64503 times)
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #300 on: Monday, March 29, 2010, 17:32:15 »

Update: shirt bought signed and framed and we have approx £200 to give to the little kid so he can spend it on whippets and gravy. Well done.
That's a lot of whippets and gravy for such a young lad.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #301 on: Monday, March 29, 2010, 17:34:06 »

One other thing i have been asked to be interviewed about this on mark o donells show on saturday, i have already told him im reluctant because its not what its about however i have said maybe if we talk about donors and the like and get people thinking about that. What do you all think?

Obviously I want to avoid the whole pat on the back scenario and i kind of think that could be somewhat inevitable but who knows maybe my talking about it if we even get one more person signed up on the donor lists its a good idea?
I don't see why not. The main objection I had to the media thing was that it seemed like self-promotion. If it was done in the right way (as you suggest above) it'd be alright.
Talk Talk

« Reply #302 on: Monday, March 29, 2010, 17:53:16 »

One other thing i have been asked to be interviewed about this on mark o donells show on saturday, i have already told him im reluctant because its not what its about however i have said maybe if we talk about donors and the like and get people thinking about that. What do you all think?

Yeah, good call Iain. Steer away from the plaudits as you say - firstly it's about Lennon and secondly about donor awareness - as you have pointed out on WACCOE. Good stuff.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #303 on: Monday, March 29, 2010, 20:28:55 »

Hi Tonga...do what you think is right...dont worry about things.
Your never going to please everyone....you have done a good job.
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #304 on: Monday, March 29, 2010, 20:35:56 »

That's a lot of whippets and gravy for such a young lad.

I just hope he doesn't blow it all on coal hovis and brass band music.  One so young can easily stray down the wrong path.

Never knowingly overstated.
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #305 on: Monday, March 29, 2010, 20:41:29 »

I don't see any problem with a bit of media coverage. Just big up the kid, the Leeds fans for doing the collection in the first place and football fans for not all being a bunch of mindless morons. That sort of thing.
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #306 on: Monday, March 29, 2010, 20:44:15 »

Yeah, go on Tonga.  You know you cant resist a microphone you old media tart you.

Never knowingly overstated.

Ignore
« Reply #307 on: Monday, March 29, 2010, 23:00:52 »

what jonny said
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #308 on: Tuesday, March 30, 2010, 07:03:28 »

Obviously I want to avoid the whole pat on the back scenario and i kind of think that could be somewhat inevitable but who knows maybe my talking about it if we even get one more person signed up on the donor lists its a good idea?
Media whore.

Only kidding - what you suggest above (and jonny's "Football fans - we're not just here for the nasty things in life" approach)  is the right approach IMHO. Make sure you keep the film rights though
thedarkprince

Hubba-hubba

Ignore
« Reply #309 on: Tuesday, March 30, 2010, 11:31:41 »

Is KoT the first TEFer to have/need image rights???
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #310 on: Tuesday, March 30, 2010, 11:45:08 »

Is KoT the first TEFer to have/need image rights???

If he does, the proceeds will keep him in Penny chews, for ooh at least a week.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #311 on: Tuesday, March 30, 2010, 12:36:55 »

You may laugh, but I challenge anyone to find a penny chew that actually costs a penny in these dark times. It's political correctness gone mad... or something.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #312 on: Tuesday, March 30, 2010, 13:06:29 »

If anything like this does happen can somebody post a link in this thread please.  I am going away on Friday for a week but will still be looking in and would like to hear it.

Cheers

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...

Ignore
« Reply #313 on: Tuesday, March 30, 2010, 13:16:31 »

You may laugh, but I challenge anyone to find a penny chew that actually costs a penny in these dark times. It's political correctness gone mad... or something.

do they still have 'mojo's' in sweet shops?
those little beauties were 2 for a penny.my 20p pocket money used to go on them on a saturday from cullingfords along york road.
Jean-Francois is God

« Reply #314 on: Tuesday, March 30, 2010, 13:45:27 »

Apologies for being so late on this thread, is there still any way that I can contribute some money to the cause?

By the way you cant beat cola bottles for 1p.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 ... 27   Go Up
Print
Jump to: