Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Paynter rejects new contract  (Read 27202 times)
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #120 on: Monday, January 25, 2010, 18:26:15 »

you must mean hristian roberts?
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #121 on: Monday, January 25, 2010, 18:30:19 »

you must mean hristian roberts?

Smiley
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #122 on: Monday, January 25, 2010, 18:35:21 »

I keep thinking back to when Revell came and all of a sudden Paynter, after a good start to the season, was no longer in the starting line up. At the time everyone was surprised, but the explanation from the management was that he was tired and needed a rest.  Not sure that this is 100% true and it seems to me to imply that Wilson isn't that enamoured with Paynter. Also, someone like Pericard hasn't come here to sit on the bench.

Would like to see us with striking options of Austin, Pericard (because we've signed him and must think he's good) plus two other strikers.

Thinking a bit more deeply, if this Crawley chap is a big lump then maybe he is to be signed to be a Pericard back up. Also, if the Kuffour rumour is true too, then maybe thats supposed to be an Austin back up?

One things for sure, if we are serious about promotion and starting with Austin and Pericard we need replacements for both to come off the bench.  Interesting times to see who this might be!

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #123 on: Monday, January 25, 2010, 18:48:12 »

Can is also be noted in 4 games Paynter didnt start we won 1, drew 1 and lost 2.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #124 on: Monday, January 25, 2010, 18:55:35 »

I don't know what the fuck people are worried about. FWIW, I do not believe that Paynter or JPM will be going anywhere at this point in time.

It's clear that the Board want to get promoted this season if at all possible and they're not going to do anything to jeopardise that. The only players leaving will be deadwood (i.e Aljofree, Peacock etc) and if Paynter or JPM were to go (I don't believe for a minute they will) it would be to facilitate two or three new players coming in or something of that nature i.e it will be for the overall benefit of the club.

I think that Wilson and the Board have done enough to warrant a bit of trust from us. The days of selling our top striker in the middle of a promotion/relegation battle (Shearer/Fjortoft) for buttons are long gone (as long as the current regime are in power - and long may they be).

As has been suggested already, this is a case of the internet perpetuating rumours. Lazy journo's look on the forums, it gets printed and people say there is no smoke without fire and it gets posted back on the forums. Well there is smoke without fire. Remember Ricky Lambert? We had all convinced ourselves he was going to join because it was on all t'internet forums but it was just bollocks perpetuating more bollocks.

Don't worry people.

Be happy.

Spencer_White

« Reply #125 on: Monday, January 25, 2010, 19:00:51 »

I think he'll sign on for another couple of years.

Rovers are having a good season. But I wouldnt bet against them imploding at some point. Weve got the stability, hes got a home here and a good relationship with the fans (something he certainly never got at Southend or Hull).

I know they are not offering contracts yet. But I think Paynter would want to stay, so I hope we get it done.
pride_of_wilts

« Reply #126 on: Monday, January 25, 2010, 19:27:26 »

I noticed STFC_Gazza posted this on rovers messageboard.

"Nevermind, may be some substance to this after all, rumours here are that an improved offer of £130,000 has been accepted by Swindon after the player requested to speak to BRFC, however we are still hopeful of signing him to a new contract".
« Last Edit: Monday, January 25, 2010, 19:34:52 by pride_of_wilts » Logged
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #127 on: Monday, January 25, 2010, 19:50:23 »

I have a hunch that Ooh Ahh Pericard has been bought in to directly replace Billy.

Billy was offered a contract long enough ago that he would have signed it by now if he really wanted to stay.

And if Billy really is being influenced that much by his agent then as much as I like him, he is an extreme fuckwit and Kudos to Fitton for saying fuck you to his agent.
blinkpip
His Infernal Majesty

Ignore
« Reply #128 on: Monday, January 25, 2010, 19:54:14 »

If Paynter went to Rovers for more money, will he be hated like Mooney?

ee the trick is only pick on those that can't do you no harm
Like the drummer from Def Leppard's only got one arm

I annoyed Yeovilred 28/01/06
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #129 on: Monday, January 25, 2010, 19:56:53 »

"Nevermind, may be some substance to this after all, rumours here are that an improved offer of £130,000 has been accepted by Swindon after the player requested to speak to BRFC, however we are still hopeful of signing him to a new contract".

I may be a bit slow (cant be arsed to scour the thread) but where is the source to this Gazz ?
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #130 on: Monday, January 25, 2010, 19:56:59 »

If Paynter went to Rovers for more money, will he be hated like Mooney?

No because Mooney went to Oxford. Different kettle of fish there. As someone pointed out i think it'll be more of a Heywood/Smith sort of hate.
South Gloucester Gas

« Reply #131 on: Monday, January 25, 2010, 20:23:47 »

I may be a bit slow (cant be arsed to scour the thread) but where is the source to this Gazz ?
It's top news down here and is plastered in all the papers. The story is Trollope targeted him a few weeks ago and offered a long contract. He was impressed and expected the same from you - He's still waiting!!. Swindon are trying to hold out for more and there is talk of an increased offer tonight which meets the package wanted. Gossip is £130,000 plus contract and other bits, which could be up to £200,000 plus...

My gut feeling is we are not big enough and he will stay put until the season out!. Good try by us but not enough pulling power. If he starts tommorow he's staying put... 

http://www.bristolrovers.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=185873

suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #132 on: Monday, January 25, 2010, 20:25:41 »

HA ha, the fucking yellow chicken didn't post it on here Wink
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #133 on: Monday, January 25, 2010, 20:30:46 »

HA ha, the fucking yellow chicken didn't post it on here Wink

I think that Swindon may just be big enough for more than one STFC_Gazza Wink
Talk Talk

« Reply #134 on: Monday, January 25, 2010, 20:33:06 »

I just threw up looking at your new avatar BR.

Can you Photoshop it and take the dick out please?
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13   Go Up
Print
Jump to: