Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 ... 13   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Paynter rejects new contract  (Read 27917 times)
DV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #90 on: Monday, January 25, 2010, 10:38:16 »

Paynter isn't all that - behave.

If we are serious about promotion we shouldn't be even thinking about selling our top scorer.

Leeds kept hold of their top scorer and turned down bids because they know promotion is worth much more to them than a bit of cash.

We should be doing the same.

I can't think of anyone I'd rather have upfront with Austin. Same way I wouldn't have had anyone else up top with Cox last season.

Who is out there who we could sign in this window who do as good a job for the team as Paynter?
westcountry

Ignore
« Reply #91 on: Monday, January 25, 2010, 10:39:29 »

Who is out there who we could sign in this window who do as good a job for the team as Paynter?

No one.
nevillew
Tripping the light puntastic

Ignore
« Reply #92 on: Monday, January 25, 2010, 10:48:29 »

Pericard ?, oh, hang on....

Paolo Di Canio, it's Paolo Di Canio

Ignore
« Reply #93 on: Monday, January 25, 2010, 12:24:11 »

fitton should tell rovers to fuck off.billy is a decent player and one we should keep hold of.
if he makes ridiculous demands then get rid,but i hope he wont want silly money to stay here.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #94 on: Monday, January 25, 2010, 12:31:37 »

What arriba said. Especially the bit about telling Rovers to fuck off. Fitton should indicate his displeasure at their offer by chucking seats at them
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #95 on: Monday, January 25, 2010, 12:46:43 »

I agree with JJ's points about him being on form but irreplaceable if he's not 100% committed to us.  However, 100k is not enough money in my mind for us to consider vs keeping him for the next 5 months and letting him go on a free after he's scored a few more hopefully crucial goals.

I think Fallon's departure was more understandable because 300k+ given our financial plight at the time was hard to turn down.

100k should not be turning any heads, even if Paynter would decide to go on a free in the summer.  I still don't think he wants to go anyway.
DMR

« Reply #96 on: Monday, January 25, 2010, 12:50:22 »

I dont think Paynter is going anywhere. No doubt he will use Rovers interest to get himself a better contract, thats human nature but I dont think he will go anywhere. His career has been start stop since being here. Rovers is very much a sideways step and with his young family you would assume he would want to settle in one area?

Aye, cos Bristol's fuckin hours from Swindon!
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #97 on: Monday, January 25, 2010, 13:00:31 »

There is no way Fitton would let Paynter go for £100k unless Wilson gets a replacement in that he is happy with and says he doesn't need Paynter. Otherwise I reckon it would have to be at least £500k for him to go, he is worth that to us if it means the play offs or promotion.

Ignore
« Reply #98 on: Monday, January 25, 2010, 13:09:44 »

paynter holds the aces here.we dont know what he earns here,what the new contract offer is,or what rovers are offering him.
if he can get a longer deal, on more money, then he may well want to go.
bobby

Ignore
« Reply #99 on: Monday, January 25, 2010, 13:11:21 »

I think if any sort of money is offered for Paynter the club should seriously consider it. We are looking to gain promotion and i dont think Paynter is good enough for the Championship, better players than him have struggled to score goals in that division. Look at Gary Hooper and Aaron Mclean 30+ goals scored in League 1 and now both scored 7 in the Championship. I am not saying Paynter is a bad player at all but i dont think making him the highest payed player at the club is worth it especially if clubs are willing to pay money for him.
lambourn red

« Reply #100 on: Monday, January 25, 2010, 13:11:27 »

We should politely tell them to Fuck Off even if it means getting nothing for Billy at the end of the season, at the moment £100k is not enough to accept to risk de-railing our first pop at the play offs for a few years. The whole thing will be being driven by his agent to drive up his contract value, although you have to look at it from BP perspective if we offer a one year deal and Rovers offer a 3 year one irrespective of whether we offer more money he is likely to take the Rovers one with more job security.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #101 on: Monday, January 25, 2010, 13:20:15 »

There is no way Fitton would let Paynter go for £100k unless Wilson gets a replacement in that he is happy with and says he doesn't need Paynter. Otherwise I reckon it would have to be at least £500k for him to go, he is worth that to us if it means the play offs or promotion.

Pericard perhaps? As I said earlier. Similar mould of player...

Draw your own conclusions.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #102 on: Monday, January 25, 2010, 13:25:28 »

He'd be stupid to go to Rovers, unless we are only offering him 1 year. Which we shouldn't. He's our top scorer, and puts in a good shift week in, week out, and as such should be shown a bit of respect with regard to the offer he receives from Fitton.

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #103 on: Monday, January 25, 2010, 13:47:09 »

I also think that Fitton should tell rovers to fuck off, regardless of what happens. In fact, I believe that Fitton should tell Rovers to fuck of on a weekly/monthly basis, just for shits and giggles.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #104 on: Monday, January 25, 2010, 13:53:29 »

I also think that Fitton should tell rovers to fuck off, regardless of what happens. In fact, I believe that Fitton should tell Rovers to fuck of on a weekly/monthly basis, just for shits and giggles.

A resurrection of the Friday Statement perhaps?  Could be fun.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 ... 13   Go Up
Print
Jump to: