Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 13   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Paynter rejects new contract  (Read 26553 times)
pewshamrobin

Ignore
« on: Friday, January 15, 2010, 00:22:42 »

Just spotted this on yesterday's Timesonline my be chuff about Billy rejecting a new contract?

"Dead certs Vincent Péricard had a medical at Swindon Town yesterday with a view to signing a long-term contract at the League One club. The former France Under-21 striker, who recently played for Carlisle United, arrives after Billy Paynter, the leading scorer, rejected a new contract at Swindon. Bristol Rovers, Charlton Athletic and Huddersfield Town have inquired about the 25-year-old, who will be a free agent in the summer."

ewsham Robin
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Friday, January 15, 2010, 00:24:09 »

Speculation probably. I have been wondering if Pericard was brought in as a long term replacement for Billy though.
« Last Edit: Friday, January 15, 2010, 00:25:42 by Iffy's Onion Bhaji » Logged
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Friday, January 15, 2010, 08:02:51 »

Maybe true but nothing has been said about him even being offered a new contract let alone turning it down already.

I hope its rubbish. I really do...
nochee

« Reply #3 on: Friday, January 15, 2010, 08:04:40 »

If he was to leave, who do you think would take him on?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Friday, January 15, 2010, 08:04:54 »

Bristol Rovers, Charlton Athletic and Huddersfield Town have inquired about the 25-year-old

Uh-oh - sounds true then!

I'd be pissed off he he moved to Rovers, but Charlton is a step up and Huddersfield is at the other end of the country so I could understand those moves.

It is possible that Wilson knew about this for a while hence first Revell now Perricard.

It's also possible to be complete bollocks.
« Last Edit: Friday, January 15, 2010, 08:06:37 by Batch » Logged
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Friday, January 15, 2010, 08:05:23 »

What Dave said.
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #6 on: Friday, January 15, 2010, 08:05:53 »

Even if he has rejected a contract, it doesn't have to mean that he wants to leave. Could be that he just wants to negotiate a better one.
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Friday, January 15, 2010, 08:42:51 »

I'm sure the adver will now nick the story and print it as they can't find anything for themselves these days
STFC_Gazza

« Reply #8 on: Friday, January 15, 2010, 09:12:04 »

Uh-oh - sounds true then!

I'd be pissed off he he moved to Rovers, but Charlton is a step up and Huddersfield is at the other end of the country so I could understand those moves.

It is possible that Wilson knew about this for a while hence first Revell now Perricard.

It's also possible to be complete bollocks.

It's probably bollocks, Doubt he would go to Rovers but then again they do have a few bob from the Rickie Lambert sale, but I would ahve thought that would have gone to pay for losses due to their new stadium not being built.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Friday, January 15, 2010, 09:14:12 »

With a new striker on the books, there was always going to be rumours flying around. Huddersfield would be closer to 'home' for him mind.
Don't think he'll go anywhere and vince will be on the bench.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Friday, January 15, 2010, 10:53:19 »

i thought wilson was wating before sorting contracts out?
juddie

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Friday, January 15, 2010, 11:00:19 »

just because he hasn't signed a new contract doesn't mean he's leaving... he might be in throws of trying to negotiate another year or anything. Bit too early to be working out where he's going!
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Friday, January 15, 2010, 11:02:13 »

if a good enough offer comes in then i wont be too bothered
juddie

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Friday, January 15, 2010, 11:12:42 »

I would. He's been ace this season.
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Friday, January 15, 2010, 11:20:40 »

He had a few good games at the beginning of the season but quite a few bad games as well. He's been a totally different player since Austin came along, the same as he was playing alongside Cox last season. Without the right player alongside him he has been pretty average in my book so I won't lose too much sleep if he goes.

If he has turned down a new contract its a bit of a dangerous game to play. If he gets injured, suspended or is off form, Pericard will replace him and if he does well Paynter might find it hard getting a game. If that happens, come the end of the season he might find himself without a club.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 13   Go Up
Print
Jump to: