Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 7   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Paul Caddis to join at end of January?  (Read 12308 times)
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday, January 12, 2010, 10:27:40 »

thanks celticbhoy
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Tuesday, January 12, 2010, 10:31:08 »

Sounds good. I guess he would come right side and JPM go left? Although I'd be warey of splitting up big kev and JPM.

Unless JPM is off.
nevillew
Tripping the light puntastic

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Tuesday, January 12, 2010, 10:36:01 »

I'd assume JPM is off, or likely to be in the summer. Although we have been commenting about lack of RB cover.

Paolo Di Canio, it's Paolo Di Canio
iffy

« Reply #18 on: Tuesday, January 12, 2010, 10:46:04 »

Thanks for the background Celticbhoy.

This is the Macca replacement surely. Creates some good competition for both Kev A and JPM. Sounds like he might have the injection of pace we were looking for.

Feels good that we're constantly raising the standard of the squad.
juddie

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Tuesday, January 12, 2010, 10:49:12 »

but JPM has been playing centrally, so maybe he's not off?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday, January 12, 2010, 10:55:48 »

Not a bad defender either by all accounts one of his first starts was v Barca and he waas on Ronaldinho and did a very good job imo.

Sounds like good practice for pitting his wits against Stockport's finest.

Can't beleive we will get someone of this calliber in. Then again I'm beginning to suspect two scenarios:

1. Celtic are joining the English leagues by a slow under the radar assimilation of STFC. OR
2. They will let us have Caddis, provided we keep Hutch until the end of the season!

Either way keep 'em coming.

Have we definitely extended Ferry's loan yet?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Tuesday, January 12, 2010, 10:56:14 »

but JPM has been playing centrally, so maybe he's not off?

I thought he has been mostly on the right?
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Tuesday, January 12, 2010, 10:59:16 »

My Dundee United mate says that Caddis played on the left for them as they were quite strong on the right.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Tuesday, January 12, 2010, 11:00:42 »

im loving this, my celtic season ticket holding family cant believe we will get him, top player by all accounts. I might get a celtic swindon hat just to piss off spencer Smiley
Celticbhoy

« Reply #24 on: Tuesday, January 12, 2010, 11:01:59 »

Sounds like good practice for pitting his wits against Stockport's finest.

Can't beleive we will get someone of this calliber in. Then again I'm beginning to suspect two scenarios:

1. Celtic are joining the English leagues by a slow under the radar assimilation of STFC. OR
2. They will let us have Caddis, provided we keep Hutch until the end of the season!

Either way keep 'em coming.

Have we definitely extended Ferry's loan yet?

i think ferry has extended his loan yeah.

on the reasons your getting Caddis its games for the boy, not sure if you are aware but the SPL no longer has a reserve league.

guys over the age of 19 but not 1st team regulars struggle to get a game of any sort they have to make do with bounce games, weve recently played everton reserves and newcastle reserves.

tough for them having no proper games to play
STFC_Gazza

« Reply #25 on: Tuesday, January 12, 2010, 11:05:23 »

CELTIC FANS VIEWS....

Joe,
Don't know about you...but this is one player I do NOT want to see leaving Celtic...even if it's just on loan.
I think this young guy is a very good player indeed and has been treated badly at Celtic.I've never seen him having a bad game when he got the chance.....and it's this kind of decision that baffles me.
For the record....I don't know the boy nor am I related to him....I just think he's better than some we've got, and who seem to get a game without trying too hard.
Rant over....keep up the good work Joe.

12 January 2010 09:32 
 Joe McHugh said...
Caddis is a difficult one to call, the only certainty is that he needs to be playing football. Darren O'Dea's loan to Reading underlined that.

Caddis is a very good, sharp, lively footballer but possibly a bit lightweight for defence.

Andreas Hinkel is an equally difficult call. He links well with McGeady going forward but has been caught lacking as a defender, notably with recent goals lost at Motherwell and Hearts.

Maybe the new look central defence will help bring out the best in Hinkel and Danny Fox.

The big decision on Caddis this season was playing Mark Wilson at Ibrox, that suggested that Caddis couldn't be played in the big matches, that he wasn't ready in Tony Mowbray's mind.

If Caddis can make the impression on Swindon that Simon Ferry has then it'll be now or never time for both players next season with their Celtic future's or otherwise certain to be decided by 1 September 2010

12 January 2010 10:25 
 Anonymous said...
Good response....
For the record ...I don't see Caddis as a defender....I think he's an out and out mid-fielder...
Repeating myself I know, but......
I don't think he's had a fair crack of the whip.....
worse players than him have had extended runs in the team.....
still what do I know ??

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Tuesday, January 12, 2010, 11:05:28 »

not sure if you are aware but the SPL no longer has a reserve league.

Actually I wasn't aware.
iffy

« Reply #27 on: Tuesday, January 12, 2010, 11:06:32 »

What is the Celtic connection?
Is it that Neil Lennon (celtic coach) and Wilson know each other from the Northern Ireland setup?
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Tuesday, January 12, 2010, 11:18:33 »

If he can play left I like the thought of him and Sheehan down our left.

Sounds promising let's hope it happens
Barry Scott

« Reply #29 on: Tuesday, January 12, 2010, 11:23:29 »

What is the Celtic connection?
Is it that Neil Lennon (celtic coach) and Wilson know each other from the Northern Ireland setup?

Wilson said he gets on very well with Mowbray and a few others up there.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 7   Go Up
Print
Jump to: