Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Paul Caddis to join at end of January?  (Read 12305 times)
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #90 on: Wednesday, January 13, 2010, 14:35:52 »

JPM and Paynts are solid League 1 players who are having a good season, and they deserve all the crecit in the world for it, but they're not a patch on Cuthbert, Douglas, even Lucas and Greer. Players who have played or will play at a higher level for the majority of their career,

They clearly are a 'patch' on them as they are playing just as well as, and in some cases better than the players you listed.
Spencer_White

« Reply #91 on: Wednesday, January 13, 2010, 15:12:21 »

Consistancy is the key.
richt1976

« Reply #92 on: Wednesday, January 13, 2010, 15:22:00 »

I got slated earlier in the season for daring to suggest that JPM may only be putting it in so he either a) gets a big fat new contract here and then goes back to not being arsed (Like last year!), or b) looking to put himself in the shop window for a big fat signing on fee elsewhere in the summer. As things drag on and his situation contract wise doesnt change, I'm edging towards going for b!!

It pains me to say it, but I think my  early season ranting may be proving to be correct!!

And before anyone gets at me, I think he has been superb this season, wherever he has played. And I hope he signs and does the same next year.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #93 on: Wednesday, January 13, 2010, 20:08:38 »

I think its a bit unfair to say he's only had one good season. Like most he was decent enough under Sturrock.

We should be trying bloody hard to keep our best player, simple as...

I've not been a fan of McGovern in the past and I'm not going to change my opinion of his past seasons just because by comparison he's been immense this season. He absolutely deserves the accolades he is getting for this season. This is the best season of his career.

I'm also not going to suggest he's playing better for a long term contract or bigger move as this may be completely unfair. But if he wants more than a 2 year deal on the kind of wages he'll demand, I'm not sure we'll keep him based on his first couple of seasons.

Sturrock was only around for a few months when McGovern was here, saying he was only good for one season out of three is not harsh, maybe actually generous.

Personally I hope we keep him and he continues to play very well. He's probably been one of the best midfielders in the division this season which is a credit to his transformation.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #94 on: Thursday, January 14, 2010, 10:20:41 »

I got slated earlier in the season for daring to suggest that JPM may only be putting it in so he either a) gets a big fat new contract here and then goes back to not being arsed (Like last year!), or b) looking to put himself in the shop window for a big fat signing on fee elsewhere in the summer. As things drag on and his situation contract wise doesnt change, I'm edging towards going for b!!

It pains me to say it, but I think my  early season ranting may be proving to be correct!!

And before anyone gets at me, I think he has been superb this season, wherever he has played. And I hope he signs and does the same next year.

But they havent offered any contracts to anyone though yet have they?
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: