Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 9   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Advice Needed  (Read 10782 times)
Talk Talk

« Reply #45 on: Monday, January 11, 2010, 00:46:23 »

It still amazes me that people move to Swindon as its a cheap place to live for the commute to Bristol / London. Not sure if its as popular nowadays but at one point loads of people were doing it, which helped push the prices in the town centre skywards.

That's why I moved to Swindon. I was working in Reading and it was either a two bed cottage in Stratton or a hutch in Reading.

I think a poll is in order...
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Monday, January 11, 2010, 06:09:01 »

Have you looked at places like redhouse and priory vale? Loads of new houses, not sure on price though. Miles away from the town center, but reet close to a hyuge Asda and other such shops.

Things get better but they never get good
The Grim Reaper

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Monday, January 11, 2010, 08:00:43 »

As Dave just said, Redhouse, Taw Hill and the rest of Priory Vale are all new build and i had a couple of appts out there for £550. Good local ammenities and quick access to the A417/A419 which is handy for the journey to Kent via the M4. Done that journey to Kent so many times this last year Sad
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Monday, January 11, 2010, 09:12:42 »

Rodbourne might be a good bet.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Monday, January 11, 2010, 09:32:37 »

It's been 10 years since I've lived in Swindon so my local knowledge is becoming more & more out of date but, must admit, when I saw your criteria I thought straight away of Gorse Hill.  Mainly Victorian terraces (some of which, I am sure, would be split up in to flats), relatively affordable and central enough to be walkable to Swindon station.
aroamin

« Reply #50 on: Monday, January 11, 2010, 09:34:06 »

Thanks so much for all the help guys,

I'm taking note of every where mentioned and will certainly be looking into it.

Thanks again
Cookie

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Monday, January 11, 2010, 10:03:41 »

Why would people move to Swindon to commute to London when the season ticket price is £7k pa? you can rent somewhere in London for that money.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Monday, January 11, 2010, 12:00:00 »

Its a helluva lot cheaper in swindon than in london.

Things get better but they never get good
axs
naaarrrrrppppp

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Monday, January 11, 2010, 17:59:00 »

Old town is the nuts.

Safe, friendly and relatively chav free. Also try Okus road developments - Royal Mead and Angel Ridge, or anywhere rodbourne side, inc westcott place and kings hill, also reasonable areas within 10/15 minute walk of shops.
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Monday, January 11, 2010, 18:02:45 »

Why would people move to Swindon to commute to London when the season ticket price is £7k pa? you can rent somewhere in London for that money.

If you've got a family and want to buy, you can get a decent sized house in Swindon or a shoe box in London.

I'd go for Old Town, or in that direction, over the Town Centre. Its a far nicer area and the night life is the best. It will be more expensive for somewhere smaller and its a bit of a walk to the station, but well worth it.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: Monday, January 11, 2010, 19:30:09 »

£15 is not bad at all, its peanuts in comparison to what i pay currently. I go pretty regularly here, (though am not usually in the country long enough to warrent a season ticket) and for the last two games I've paid £42 each. Factor in travel, beer, obligitary balti pie and the missus and I'm shelling out well over £100 per visit!

Man City? You don't sound enough of a fanny to be a united fan!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #56 on: Monday, January 11, 2010, 20:11:09 »

Lived in Manchester would have given the game away. Although if he moves to Swindon he could then become a United fan.
aroamin - if you're moving down for your missus then let her sort it, once she's poured you a cold one - you Northerners are too soft.
aroamin

« Reply #57 on: Monday, January 11, 2010, 23:06:40 »

abso-bleedin'loutely!

City to the core, and bloody proud of it! (despite years of dispair)
aroamin

« Reply #58 on: Monday, January 11, 2010, 23:12:40 »

Lived in Manchester would have given the game away. Although if he moves to Swindon he could then become a United fan.
aroamin - if you're moving down for your missus then let her sort it, once she's poured you a cold one - you Northerners are too soft.

jeeeesus thats over the feckin line mate  Grin become the scum? never!

well, she is helping a lot, I'm just being overbearing. Say i'm soft, but the missus comes first, she has to.
Doore

« Reply #59 on: Monday, January 11, 2010, 23:14:15 »

abso-bleedin'loutely!

City to the core, and bloody proud of it! (despite years of dispair)

This is a genuine question and not meant to antagonise.  Does it make you uncomfortable, after years of city fans accusing (correctly) united of buying success, to be doing exactly the same thing now?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 9   Go Up
Print
Jump to: