Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Advice Needed  (Read 10758 times)
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: Thursday, January 21, 2010, 08:31:37 »

The roaring donkey is where its at...

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: Thursday, January 21, 2010, 08:43:43 »

Depending on what you like for a night out, I wouldn't reccomend The Spot, Old Bank, and to a lesser extent, MacKenzies... But that's just me!

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: Thursday, January 21, 2010, 09:51:31 »

Foxies if you up for a bit of punani Cheesy
aroamin

« Reply #78 on: Thursday, January 21, 2010, 12:35:28 »

Depending on what you like for a night out, I wouldn't reccomend The Spot, Old Bank, and to a lesser extent, MacKenzies... But that's just me!

whys that then mate?

so basically if i walk up victoria road i should be able to find a few bars an stuff to go to? i take it most of em show live football n all? just thinkin about next wednesday!
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: Thursday, January 21, 2010, 12:39:14 »

if you are moving in this weekend get down to the county ground sharpish and get a ticket for tuesday when we spank the leeds scum
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: Thursday, January 21, 2010, 12:58:51 »

whys that then mate?

so basically if i walk up victoria road i should be able to find a few bars an stuff to go to? i take it most of em show live football n all? just thinkin about next wednesday!

Pretty much!

I'm turning in to a boring old cunt at the ripe old age of 25, and the places I mentioned are just not my cup of tea... pretentious and pricey (and i can't stand whatever it is they pass as music... 'funky house' or whatever bollocks its labelled as!) They are good if you want to leer at some ladies though... Smiley

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: Thursday, January 21, 2010, 12:59:16 »

mailcoach is another one if your into that kinda thing.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: Thursday, January 21, 2010, 13:19:04 »

Mckenzies is horrible, and doesn't label their toilets propoerly

Things get better but they never get good
aroamin

« Reply #83 on: Thursday, January 21, 2010, 13:32:17 »

if you are moving in this weekend get down to the county ground sharpish and get a ticket for tuesday when we spank the leeds scum

I may just do that actually mate. dont think id be able to get tickets on tuesday?

aroamin

« Reply #84 on: Thursday, January 21, 2010, 13:33:20 »

Pretty much!

I'm turning in to a boring old cunt at the ripe old age of 25, and the places I mentioned are just not my cup of tea... pretentious and pricey (and i can't stand whatever it is they pass as music... 'funky house' or whatever bollocks its labelled as!) They are good if you want to leer at some ladies though... Smiley

I like a bit of a mixture to be honest. every now and then pretentious, pricey and laden with women do me ok. but rest of the time i do just prefer a good quiet beer. seems like two of us gettin old at 25! haha!

where would you reccomend then mate?

jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: Thursday, January 21, 2010, 13:52:28 »

whys that then mate?

There is fuck all up Victoria Road, bar The Regent, until you get to the top where Longs and The Vic (indie / rock pub, lots of live music) are. If you carry on past them and turn left then you'll get to Wood Street with The Bank, McKenzies, Kings Arms. Just before Wood Street you'll see a road going down to the left which takes you to The Roaring Donkey.

Keep on going down Wood Street and you'll get to The Goddards. Turn right and you'll come to Suju. Take the next right and you've got The Steam Railway then The Wheatsheaf (quieter pub). Then turn left at the end and on the left you'll find a pub whose name I can't remember managed by an ex-Swindon player whose name I can't remember. If you go out of the Steam Railway, cross the road and keep going you'll come to Rehab and The Spot. And that is Old Town in a nutshell.

I reckon McKenzies is the best for live sport in Old Town. Plenty of TV's and they'll show two different games if they're on at the same time, which not many pubs do.

If you want loads of really young fit birds to look at, The Spot is the place.

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: Thursday, January 21, 2010, 14:00:17 »

what lucien said.
overpriced and too packed.tradtional boozer for me wins hands down.
Jamiesfuturewife
Cats is nature

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: Thursday, January 21, 2010, 14:06:49 »

If your with ladies they may prefer the bars in old town? Less tracksuited chavs trying to pinch your ass!!
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #88 on: Thursday, January 21, 2010, 14:14:40 »

If your with ladies they may prefer the bars in old town? Less tracksuited chavs trying to pinch your ass!!
i'd never do that :-)
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #89 on: Thursday, January 21, 2010, 14:25:14 »

easy. a few pints in old town, roll down vic hill, liquid rooms, pull a rough girl out the back of macdonalds for a quick knee trembler, kebab, home.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9   Go Up
Print
Jump to: