Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 9   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Advice Needed  (Read 10761 times)
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Monday, January 11, 2010, 00:17:05 »

If youre looking for entertainment in the town may i suggest Manchester Road area
Doore

« Reply #31 on: Monday, January 11, 2010, 00:19:55 »

Cheers mate, good to know.

I'll be communting....heavily. But we're moving for the missus mostly.  Doh

Where will you be working?  (Nosy bastard, remember).  I do a daily round trip of around 65 miles for work, you get used to the commute after a while. 

Of course, now you are going to tell me your commute is four times as big as mine, and I have nothing to complain about.
aroamin

« Reply #32 on: Monday, January 11, 2010, 00:21:31 »

Where will you be working?  (Nosy bastard, remember).  I do a daily round trip of around 65 miles for work, you get used to the commute after a while. 

Of course, now you are going to tell me your commute is four times as big as mine, and I have nothing to complain about.

Hahaha, London area. Though my first commute is to Kent. check your pm's
Talk Talk

« Reply #33 on: Monday, January 11, 2010, 00:22:05 »

If youre looking for entertainment in the town may i suggest Manchester Road area

The missus and I are relocating down to the swindon area in the next few weeks or so

No
aroamin

« Reply #34 on: Monday, January 11, 2010, 00:26:29 »

No

Haha, I'm guessing Manchester Road is something of an "acess all hours" type of place then.

Not really my scene, the missus would have my fookin neck!
Talk Talk

« Reply #35 on: Monday, January 11, 2010, 00:26:29 »

Hahaha, London area. Though my first commute is to Kent. check your pm's

London is ok on the train if you can walk to the station. Although having done it for six months, it's not really living. Two hours each way end to end (yeah, I know Fred has done for most of his life, but then he is a sucker).

Driving there as a commute is horrible. Don't do it. ever.
aroamin

« Reply #36 on: Monday, January 11, 2010, 00:28:42 »

London is ok on the train if you can walk to the station. Although having done it for six months, it's not really living. Two hours each way end to end (yeah, I know Fred has done for most of his life, but then he is a sucker).

Driving there as a commute is horrible. Don't do it. ever.

Yeah, well the direct train to paddington was one of the reasons we're hoping to move to swindon. Two hours isn't so bad really, though I may find myself driving somewhat due to anti-social hours, though I guess the roads are quieter then eh!

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Monday, January 11, 2010, 00:33:55 »

aint it 1 hour each way?
Talk Talk

« Reply #38 on: Monday, January 11, 2010, 00:36:55 »

Two hours isn't so bad really, though I may find myself driving somewhat due to anti-social hours, though I guess the roads are quieter then eh!

I used to leave home at 5am, drive to Osterley tube station and get in to the office at Elephant & Castle at 7:30am. Leave at 3:30pm, home by 6pm. Flexi hours were great. If you can work anti-social hours then you will be fine. Just don't be on the M4 on the way into London after 7am or on the way out after 4pm.
Talk Talk

« Reply #39 on: Monday, January 11, 2010, 00:38:14 »

aint it 1 hour each way?

Yeah, the train is, but you invariable need half an hour to get to Swindon station with a bit of breathing space and then at least half an hour on the tube the other end?
aroamin

« Reply #40 on: Monday, January 11, 2010, 00:39:40 »

I used to leave home at 5am, drive to Osterley tube station and get in to the office at Elephant & Castle at 7:30am. Leave at 3:30pm, home by 6pm. Flexi hours were great. If you can work anti-social hours then you will be fine. Just don't be on the M4 on the way into London after 7am or on the way out after 4pm.

damn, thats some commute. Still, im sure you got a lot of work done eh.

Ironicalyl I was also thinking of moving to Elephant and Castle until my circumstances changed

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Monday, January 11, 2010, 00:41:59 »

Yeah, the train is, but you invariable need half an hour to get to Swindon station with a bit of breathing space and then at least half an hour on the tube the other end?
oh i see.
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Monday, January 11, 2010, 00:42:12 »

It still amazes me that people move to Swindon as its a cheap place to live for the commute to Bristol / London. Not sure if its as popular nowadays but at one point loads of people were doing it, which helped push the prices in the town centre skywards.

There are a few newish apartment blocks near the station which have probably got some cheap 1 beds. Not sure what they're called but there is the office block that got converted on Fleet Street / Faringdon road, the one built on the car park behind Walkabout and the one built where the pub used to be (Whitehouse?).
Talk Talk

« Reply #43 on: Monday, January 11, 2010, 00:42:28 »

Ironicalyl I was also thinking of moving to Elephant and Castle until my circumstances changed

<shudder>

A lucky escape. What a hideous place to live...
aroamin

« Reply #44 on: Monday, January 11, 2010, 00:43:56 »

<shudder>

A lucky escape. What a hideous place to live...

yes, sentiments echoed.

The borough market near there is a gem though!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 9   Go Up
Print
Jump to: