Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17 18   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: SWINDON TOWN VS BRISTOL ROVERS OFFICIAL MATCH DAY THREAD  (Read 30906 times)

Ignore
« Reply #225 on: Sunday, December 13, 2009, 14:50:55 »

Wasn't it Arriba who actually complained once after we WON a match.

Regardless, we should all expect Brazil-esque performances week in and week out, including away days to teams who are pushing for the play-offs themselves.

no it wasn't.
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #226 on: Sunday, December 13, 2009, 14:54:58 »

On that basis Reg leeds season does not look to good does it.Think they have only played 2 top 10 teams this year drawing against one.

I really don't understand our fans sometimes,we are so close to having a top 6 team yet some people just seem to want to moan like fuck about everything and scrutinise everything.

I personally think we are 2/3 good players of planting ourselves firmly in the top6 and based on what wilson has done so far i trust him to get us those players if not then we get a improved finish on last season still.

The same people on this forum who are moaning about are gates being shit are probably the people who are telling people that we are just lucky and not likely to do anything this season.
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #227 on: Sunday, December 13, 2009, 14:57:35 »

I left with about 10 minutes left to play yesterday, the players had given up so I thought I'd follow their example.

LJF is a crap defender. No matter what anyone thinks of his ability on the ball, or his overlapping, or his crossing. The main purpose of a left back is to defend and he does this badly.

Really disapointed with yesterday, we played the better football but were carved open too easily. I also don't know why Austin was subbed.

Sheehan needs to be in the back four next week.   

It's All Good..............

Ignore
« Reply #228 on: Sunday, December 13, 2009, 14:59:43 »

the first game this season i was critical was southend.i said the ref did us a massive favour,and that we were pretty poor and didn't pass the ball well.got pelters on here then read wilsons interview which picked up on all the points i raised that evening.
i was then critical after woking as it was shit.it was, end of.
i dont go out to be negative and am not all the time.i just get the label grumpy and negative and it's stuck.never mind it bothers me not.

dave. top 10 i think is achievable so no bet.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #229 on: Sunday, December 13, 2009, 15:04:43 »

Even when we win, sometimes I like to point out negatives and positives to give an all round perspective. Unfortunately it probably makes it sound like I want perfection in every game.

We will be in the playoffs or thereabouts come the end of the season. The fact we've been planted in the top ten for ages shows the achievements of Wilson. Malpas fucking destroyed this team and despite myself and many others thinking things would improve, they never did. Contrast that dire football to what we have now and too many negative thoughts just make it seem like we're fans with ideas above our station (which is probably not an unfair assessment in some respects).

Yesterday's result and performance sounded bad, but we've been shit on occassion this season and it hasn't continued. I think Reg must get his rocks off by being a doom merchant. When was the last time he got our season prospects correct?
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #230 on: Sunday, December 13, 2009, 15:04:53 »

thank fuck we lost, it means reg can post rambling statistics and wallow in self pity again

Don't know about you, but I like to look at the bigger picture, and try and figure out what this means to us. 

In this case, is our early season something of genuine promise, or should we be more restrained in our enthusiasm...so for me the acid test comes in how we shape up away at top ten teams and how we do v Leeds and Charlton.

Just because we got the biggest stuffing at Wovers since I first went to Eastville over 43 years ago, doesn't necessarily mean the wheels have fallen off, but it doesn't exactly make me feel like dancing in the streets.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #231 on: Sunday, December 13, 2009, 15:07:32 »

Studying the table recently, I noticed of the top ten teams, we'd only played Norwich away, further the not playing Leeds or Charlton, maybe these factors were distorting our position.

That is why games like these, ie top ten sides away, Leeds and Charlton, are going to shape our season.

Yesterdays result doesn't bode well.

We've also played Bristol Rovers & Walsall away. Plus Colchester, Huddersfield, Franchise, Millwall at home. All in the top 10. We've lost twice.

LJF is a crap defender. No matter what anyone thinks of his ability on the ball, or his overlapping, or his crossing. The main purpose of a left back is to defend and he does this badly.

I agree with this point and quoting it because what was said not because you said it but Jamie Vincent did the defending part well but offered nothing going forward and generally got pelted for it each week from our fans.

I have a feeling Sheehan is only playing left wing because we didnt sign Hal Robson-Kanu. If we had, it would be those two on the left.
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #232 on: Sunday, December 13, 2009, 15:08:39 »

Yesterday's result and performance sounded bad,

I think that the performance didn't sound bad myself, especially in the first half. It was just some silly errors that let us down.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #233 on: Sunday, December 13, 2009, 15:10:48 »

I think that the performance didn't sound bad myself, especially in the first half. It was just some silly errors that let us down.

I didn't actually listen, so I guess I should have said 'reads bad'. Even if we were good in other areas, defensively we were poor and it was our undoing. I expect there will be some lessons learned.

Dare I say, we may be missing McNamee, though hopefully Macklin will be back to form - I quite liked the look of his play before he got injured.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #234 on: Sunday, December 13, 2009, 15:12:59 »

When was the last time he got our season prospects correct?

...the year we got relegated, naturally.

I called it 3 weeks previous mind.
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #235 on: Sunday, December 13, 2009, 15:16:08 »

I didn't actually listen, so I guess I should have said 'reads bad'. Even if we were good in other areas, defensively we were poor and it was our undoing. I expect there will be some lessons learned.

Dare I say, we may be missing McNamee, though hopefully Macklin will be back to form - I quite liked the look of his play before he got injured.

MacNamee would've done fuck all to improve our fortunes yesterday. That wasn't the area that underperformed. I singled out LJF, but in fairness our back four (With the possible exception of Big Kev) all had worse than usual days.

It's All Good..............
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #236 on: Sunday, December 13, 2009, 15:19:14 »

We've also played Bristol Rovers & Walsall away. Plus Colchester, Huddersfield, Franchise, Millwall at home. All in the top 10. We've lost twice.

When I looked a couple of weeks back, I'm not sure Saddlers were up there, the win at Carlisle is satrting to look a good result, as they've been in decent form before and since, and have shot up the table.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #237 on: Sunday, December 13, 2009, 15:31:10 »

no it wasn't.
Yes it was. More than once. To be fair, you were giving a bit of balance to the rose-tinted view of the rest of us because, as with most teams, there's often fault to be found even in a win. But you've come on and complained after wins more than once this season. It's not just an unmerited reputation that gets you labelled a miserable fucker. It's being a miserable fucker Smiley

Ignore
« Reply #238 on: Sunday, December 13, 2009, 15:35:36 »

Yes it was. More than once. To be fair, you were giving a bit of balance to the rose-tinted view of the rest of us because, as with most teams, there's often fault to be found even in a win. But you've come on and complained after wins more than once this season. It's not just an unmerited reputation that gets you labelled a miserable fucker. It's being a miserable fucker Smiley

i dont complain though.not saying everyting is great doesn't =  complaining.there is a difference.
i've stated up the thread the games i was critical.
i think we are an average side and our final postion in the table will reflect it come may.i'm not complaining about it and hope i'm wrong and we make the play offs.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #239 on: Sunday, December 13, 2009, 15:39:35 »

i dont complain though.not saying everyting is great doesn't =  complaining.there is a difference.
i've stated up the thread the games i was critical.
i think we are an average side and our final postion in the table will reflect it come may.i'm not complaining about it and hope i'm wrong and we make the play offs.
Fair enough. But I think the original poster was referring to the games when you were critical (whether justifiably or not) after wins, when pretty much everyone else was happy with the wins. Which is why I said it probably was you he was asking about.

And you're still a miserable fucker Smiley
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17 18   Go Up
Print
Jump to: