Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: OFFICIAL FLASH TO STOCKPORT V SWINDON MATCHDAY THREAD  (Read 17899 times)
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: Tuesday, December 1, 2009, 19:04:24 »

Now Stockport will have to fork out all Swindon's costs for calling it of late, and when you consider they went into admin a few months ago, it's a cost they could do without. Stockport, with two postponements over the weekend, should've had an inspection, and called the ref in early.

Compare this mess with us last year ,calling off the home game against them the day before.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: Tuesday, December 1, 2009, 19:08:16 »

How incompetent can they get!  Crikey!
Spy

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: Tuesday, December 1, 2009, 19:11:27 »

The Rugby was also postponed on Saturday as Wasps I think it was refused to play due to the pitch.

As far as i know that is still under investigation tho because the ref didn't call it off and the opposition team were happy to play it. It was Wasps staff who decided to call it off.
Spy

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: Tuesday, December 1, 2009, 19:16:40 »

http://www.swindontownfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10341~1818936,00.html

Wilson confirms the club fucked up by not asking the ref to check the pitch this morning. Wankers.
Hammer

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: Tuesday, December 1, 2009, 19:20:09 »

Why even consider a 9am inspection for an evening match ? That would be fine for a 3pm ko but surely much later for an evening game.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: Tuesday, December 1, 2009, 19:21:07 »

From a Stockport fan on the FF.

I was buying my ticket just as your lot turned up in a coach outside the ground and the match was postponed. Yet at 9am there was 'no need for an inspection', an inspection that was planned. Three games called off in four days. Something dodgy about this at our end.

I can only apologise to your lads, must be so f*cking frustrating.

OK..so. Lot of different things I've heard so far.

1. Sale were erecting (tee-hee) another advertising board on the roof of the Main Stand so they had a whopping great crane on the pitch all day f*cking up the surface.

2. The groundsmen poured a load of sand on the pitch to stop the surface freezing. The ref saw all the sand and said straight away that it's unsafe.

3. County didn't even ask the ref to turn up any earlier than his scheduled time to check over the pitch. We didn't even request a pitch inspection.

And I can safely tell you that all three are true.

Sorry again lads and ladies.
Anteater

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: Tuesday, December 1, 2009, 19:25:41 »

We're now going to be two games behind the rest, which is a bit of a bugger, but on a brighter note, the general consensus seemed to be we'd lose tonight, so who knows maybe a bit of luck...

I think that the fact that we are a different team this season and can now win these type of games it is a bugger that it's called off as I really thought this was three points in the bag. What a bastard for those that have gone up too ! Total cock up !
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: Tuesday, December 1, 2009, 19:29:57 »

You think we've got problems - they're just talking about Orient vs Gills on the radio. Massive traffic problems round Orient and so Gills have only got 7 outfield players and 2 keepers. And their kit's stuck in traffic as well. But apparently the ref is saying if they've got more than 7 players, that's the minimum so they will have to start the game. So, they're going to start 3 players down and playing in skins Smiley
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: Tuesday, December 1, 2009, 19:30:28 »

What a joke. Especially when Oldham's game just up the road is on. Farce. Oh well a fixture pile up beckons for us in the New Year. Not good as we're bound to go on a bad run at some point and we'll want to play our games when we are in good form.
Spy

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: Tuesday, December 1, 2009, 19:31:46 »

You think we've got problems - they're just talking about Orient vs Gills on the radio. Massive traffic problems round Orient and so Gills have only got 7 outfield players and 2 keepers. And their kit's stuck in traffic as well. But apparently the ref is saying if they've got more than 7 players, that's the minimum so they will have to start the game. So, they're going to start 3 players down and playing in skins Smiley

Soapy Tit Wank Soapy Tit Wank Soapy Tit Wank
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: Tuesday, December 1, 2009, 19:32:11 »

Own fault if they've gone M25/Blackwall tunnel, should know better, arf arf.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: Tuesday, December 1, 2009, 19:38:36 »

Gillingham's new away kit:
[url width=333 height=500]http://images.ethicalsuperstore.com/images/60066%20-%20People%20Tree%20White%20Boxer%20Shorts%20B.jpg[/url]
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: Tuesday, December 1, 2009, 19:53:54 »

Well it took Orient all of 4 mins to score.
bigbobjoylove

Ignore
« Reply #88 on: Tuesday, December 1, 2009, 19:55:44 »

Now Stockport will have to fork out all Swindon's costs for calling it of late

Is that an official rule?
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #89 on: Tuesday, December 1, 2009, 19:57:09 »

uddersfield 1-0 up against tranmere
hartlepool 1-0 carlisle