Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 10   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: OFFICIAL FLASH TO STOCKPORT V SWINDON MATCHDAY THREAD  (Read 17900 times)
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: Tuesday, December 1, 2009, 18:40:33 »

Sand on the pitch...already?  Fucking jokers.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
Langers

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: Tuesday, December 1, 2009, 18:42:28 »

Stockport really need to do something about that pitch, its a joke to be having to postpone games because of rain just 3/4 months into the season is wrong - they should be made to relay another one or pay a fine. It will only disadvantage them in the long run.
Rich Pullen

« Reply #62 on: Tuesday, December 1, 2009, 18:43:03 »

Is it true that this mornings pitch inspection didn't go ahead as there was no need?
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: Tuesday, December 1, 2009, 18:43:12 »

We should play both matches against them at the CG.  That'll learn 'em.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
alanmayes

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: Tuesday, December 1, 2009, 18:45:11 »

Sounds very much that a local Ref was called in and declared the pitch playable with the 9am
pitch inspection.

Mr Oliver arrives at 5pm and immediately has safety concerns.According to Stockport fans message
boards,it's been dry all day up there,but rain arriving this evening.

Wasps Rugby Club back up Mr Oliver's concerns,they refused to play last friday,because they
were worried about their players safety.

"It's not delusions of grandeur sir,it's intolerance of mediocrity and minimal performances."
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: Tuesday, December 1, 2009, 18:47:25 »

We're now going to be two games behind the rest

When you also consider that the game against Oldham will also have to be rearranged, due to be played on FA Cup 3rd Round day, we'll be 3 behind.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
santasdead

« Reply #66 on: Tuesday, December 1, 2009, 18:49:17 »

It hasn't rained up there today so sod that rubbish. I can't see what has changed from this morning.

It's been raining for the past hour and a half.

Extra day to rest for the players i suppose, but two games behind the rest is going to be tough, especially Leeds, and now away to Stockport - who might start to get some form for the rearranged fixture.

Hopefully i'l be able to go to the new date, bonus!
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: Tuesday, December 1, 2009, 18:50:24 »

Although its nothing to do with our club, this is where I'd like to see a gesture for the fans - a free coach or two up there.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: Tuesday, December 1, 2009, 18:56:10 »

Sounds very much that a local Ref was called in and declared the pitch playable with the 9am
pitch inspection.

Mr Oliver arrives at 5pm and immediately has safety concerns.

The local ref obviously thought it was playable. But he's not in charge of the match.

Oliver shouldn't need to be asked to get there early - given the weekends cancellations he should have been there in good time to make sure.

The Flash's match report may be a bit interesting
alanmayes

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: Tuesday, December 1, 2009, 18:58:34 »

Just checked the Stockport OS.The club didn't go ahead with a pitch inspection at 9am with
a local ref.They (Stockport) deemed the pitch playable as is was no longer waterlogged.

"It's not delusions of grandeur sir,it's intolerance of mediocrity and minimal performances."
Langers

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: Tuesday, December 1, 2009, 19:00:23 »

So it is really there fault, they took the decision without consulting anyone, so therefore they are responsible surley? And should pay for our fans wasted journy up
Rich Pullen

« Reply #71 on: Tuesday, December 1, 2009, 19:01:48 »

Just checked the Stockport OS.The club didn't go ahead with a pitch inspection at 9am with
a local ref

...and therefore entirely their fault. (agreeing with above post)
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: Tuesday, December 1, 2009, 19:03:23 »

Only just seen that it's been called off. What a farce.
alanmayes

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: Tuesday, December 1, 2009, 19:03:27 »

So it is really there fault, they took the decision without consulting anyone, so therefore they are responsible surley? And should pay for our fans wasted journy up

Yes,exactly as the Ref Mr Oliver stated,that Stockport hadn't asked him to arrive early.As soon
as he saw the state of the pitch,he had immediate concerns for the safety of the players.

Spencer_White

« Reply #74 on: Tuesday, December 1, 2009, 19:03:42 »

The local ref? Probably pulled some old codger out of Wetherspoons this morning.

Good to see the players in suits. If they want to be the pride of Swindon then they should look like it.

I think we are going to get stronger as the season goes on and it becomes clear we are in with a real chance of the play offs. So these extra fixtures in march sound good to me.

And message to club - there is no point re-scheduling it before March because I doubt that pitch will play many mid week games between now and then. They are going to have a fair few called off this season. If we have a second postponement up there in february we could end up having a fixture on a thursday night on the last week of the season or something like that.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, December 1, 2009, 19:06:19 by Spencer_White » Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 10   Go Up
Print
Jump to: