Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 10   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: OFFICIAL FLASH TO STOCKPORT V SWINDON MATCHDAY THREAD  (Read 17897 times)
flammableBen

« Reply #45 on: Tuesday, December 1, 2009, 18:13:34 »

ahahahaha that's hilarious.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Tuesday, December 1, 2009, 18:13:44 »

oh pants
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Tuesday, December 1, 2009, 18:16:01 »

Haha think my bro and his mates are trying to head to Oldham, although doubt they'll get a ticket since Oldham gave up a section of the home fans to accommodate Leeds!
Rustle
Prediction League Champion 2012/13

TEF World Cup Stunners Champion 2010

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Tuesday, December 1, 2009, 18:17:13 »

thats fucking bollocks - they had all day and call it off now, what a piss take - fucking northern bastards, feel sorry for the fans who have travelled

It's not stockport's fault,it's the ref who deemed it playable this morning and then deemed it unplayable just now,I see the supporters coach leaving earlier this afternoon so imagine they were nearly there or even there.

It's like walsall all over again but further.
Langers

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Tuesday, December 1, 2009, 18:18:02 »

It's not stockport's fault,it's the ref who deemed it playable this morning and then deemed it unplayable just now,I see the supporters coach leaving earlier this afternoon so imagine they were nearly there or even there.

It's like walsall all over again but further.

Yeh i know but its easier to take it out on Stockport
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Tuesday, December 1, 2009, 18:19:11 »

The Rugby was also postponed on Saturday as Wasps I think it was refused to play due to the pitch.

Rustle
Prediction League Champion 2012/13

TEF World Cup Stunners Champion 2010

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Tuesday, December 1, 2009, 18:20:44 »

I think ablett is about to make a statement,this will be interesting if he's in favour or against.I would say he will be pretty happy about this at this moment in time.
Spencer_White

« Reply #52 on: Tuesday, December 1, 2009, 18:23:33 »

Stockport are running the risk of FA fines with this pitch. Not to mention a serious fixture pile up in the latter part of the season (when they will probably be in a relegation scrap).

I could see a situation developing simmilar to what happened to Motherwell in Scotland.

Its too early in the season to have games called off.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Tuesday, December 1, 2009, 18:25:17 »

We're now going to be two games behind the rest, which is a bit of a bugger, but on a brighter note, the general consensus seemed to be we'd lose tonight, so who knows maybe a bit of luck...
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Tuesday, December 1, 2009, 18:30:05 »

Twats. I'd be fuming, and bombarding Stockport for answers tomorrow. I'd want fucking gold plated service for the rearranged match, stretch limos champagne, the works.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: Tuesday, December 1, 2009, 18:32:55 »

Bollocks decision. Absolute shambles.
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: Tuesday, December 1, 2009, 18:35:15 »

like walsall all over again.

just play the game, they are men not mice.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: Tuesday, December 1, 2009, 18:36:57 »

from the adver:

TOWN'S League One clash away at Stockport County this evening has been called off.

Despite the playing surface passing a pitch inspection this morning, referee Michael Oliver checked it over on his arrival at Edgeley Park and decided it was unplayable.

Mr Oliver said he postponed the fixture due to player safety, explaining: "There is a large sanded area in the middle of the pitch.

"Because of the recent rain, the sand on top of that is churning up all the time and would cause an obvious danger to players.

"The current forecast means it will only get worse, and at the moment it is dangerous so we cannot continue.

"I arrived at 5.15pm and went straight onto the pitch - I wasn't asked by the club (Stockport) to come any earlier.

"I discussed it with Gary Abblett and Danny Wilson as soon as they arrived, so we made it as soon as we possibly could.

"The first I knew of it was when I arrived at the ground today."

given the obvious problems with their pitch, why such surprise and why leave it so late? like batch says, shambles
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: Tuesday, December 1, 2009, 18:40:12 »

[url width=320 height=320]http://www.swindontownfc.co.uk/javaImages/6a/8f/0,,10341~7769962,00.jpg[/url]

reminds me of chelsea's pitch a few years ago
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: Tuesday, December 1, 2009, 18:40:19 »

Mr Oliver said he postponed the fixture due to player safety, explaining: "There is a large sanded area in the middle of the pitch.

"Because of the recent rain, the sand on top of that is churning up all the time and would cause an obvious danger to players.

It hasn't rained up there today so sod that rubbish. I can't see what has changed from this morning.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 10   Go Up
Print
Jump to: