Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Macnamee  (Read 34834 times)
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #195 on: Sunday, November 29, 2009, 18:58:33 »

Beckham has done a lot of damage to the old style of British wingers. Because of him so many wingers dont try and beat the full backs and end up basically wacking the ball into the defender.

Beckham can do it, but most players do need to make the space to cross.

Lets have O'Brien and Macklin on the wings, beating the opposition for pace, that will give the crowd some real excitement.

I'm not sure O'Brien or Macklin are in the mould of classic British wingers, both look a bit like runners who are not great with the ball...the best English winger atm is James Milner, not particularly quick but always delivers a cross.
Spencer_White

« Reply #196 on: Sunday, November 29, 2009, 19:00:40 »

For me Giggs is the King of British wingers.

Skidding across the turf and hurdling legs like a gazelle.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #197 on: Sunday, November 29, 2009, 21:16:02 »

you need a mix dont you.

Villa have Milner on one side and Young on the other - two of the best wingers about but both with pretty different styles.
Cookie

Ignore
« Reply #198 on: Monday, November 30, 2009, 09:20:24 »

And we've got the white Ricky Shakes
Rustle
Prediction League Champion 2012/13

TEF World Cup Stunners Champion 2010

Ignore
« Reply #199 on: Sunday, December 6, 2009, 12:00:42 »

It seems this norwich fan was not impressed.

McNamee 5 On for hoolahan,  with Lappin going central and Daley Holt up front as we went 442.   Disappointed that he did not take his chance to show us his reputed pace - and for me the contrast between him and Daley - both late game subs when the match was over - was stark - one full of energy and committment looking to impress,  McNamee looking nervous and not wanting to be there. In added time had the chance to impress with is crossing,  bags of time to set a good cross if he had looked up to see that our strikers were on the edge of the 18 yard box but proceeded to cross to the 6 yard box between their keeper and back 4 - looked dangerous but was the same as passing 10 yards ahead of a city player - poor.

Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #200 on: Sunday, December 6, 2009, 12:07:07 »

It seems this norwich fan was not impressed.

McNamee 5 On for hoolahan,  with Lappin going central and Daley Holt up front as we went 442.   Disappointed that he did not take his chance to show us his reputed pace - and for me the contrast between him and Daley - both late game subs when the match was over - was stark - one full of energy and committment looking to impress,  McNamee looking nervous and not wanting to be there. In added time had the chance to impress with is crossing,  bags of time to set a good cross if he had looked up to see that our strikers were on the edge of the 18 yard box but proceeded to cross to the 6 yard box between their keeper and back 4 - looked dangerous but was the same as passing 10 yards ahead of a city player - poor.

Sounds like he thought Charlie Austin was playing for Norwich. Sounds like he would have scored from that cross!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
STFC_Gazza

« Reply #201 on: Sunday, December 6, 2009, 12:51:35 »

McNamee looking nervous and not wanting to be there. 

Probably had a big club like Chelsea or Man United watching him which took his mind off the job in hand.
Barry Scott

« Reply #202 on: Sunday, December 6, 2009, 12:55:51 »

I was a big fan of McNamee and was one of those who defended him when others rubbished him earlier in the thread. It's early days, but not having him in the team seems to have improved us a great deal.

Comments slating him are starting to look correct, so i take my hat off and admit i was wrong. I am now starting to hope he doesn't come back and that we sign Sheehan on a permanent basis. (I didn't realise he was 23, i thought he was about 27/28.)
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #203 on: Sunday, December 6, 2009, 13:37:00 »

I agree Barry i was the same although he has only played 8 mins for them so it's good to see Norwich have a NCFCbart
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #204 on: Sunday, December 6, 2009, 13:38:48 »

Not sure about that. There was a stage in the game where we were crying out for a more attacking option down the left. Not syaing McNamee would have been the answer though.

Saying that, I liked it when Lescinel went forward but you could tell he was knackered by the end.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #205 on: Saturday, December 19, 2009, 22:09:06 »

unused sub again Smiley
Barry Scott

« Reply #206 on: Saturday, December 19, 2009, 23:11:27 »

Coming back in Jan to be released at the end of the season?

Ignore
« Reply #207 on: Saturday, December 19, 2009, 23:13:43 »

unused sub again Smiley

so was cox alot until recently
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #208 on: Sunday, December 20, 2009, 11:45:15 »

Cox left for a team who have flirted with the premier league recently and are pushing to be in the premier league again.

Macca has left us to sit on the bench and play 8 minutes for a team 3 places above us.Understand the draw of joining them but concidering how long they have tracked him it is strange he has not played more.
dell boy

« Reply #209 on: Sunday, December 20, 2009, 12:02:09 »

Cox left for a team who have flirted with the premier league recently and are pushing to be in the premier league again.

Macca has left us to sit on the bench and play 8 minutes for a team 3 places above us.Understand the draw of joining them but concidering how long they have tracked him it is strange he has not played more.

Maybe it keeps the price down when they sign him January. Once he is a Norwich player he will probably play every week.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18   Go Up
Print
Jump to: